Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

WDT#3 - Random Episode discussion. Click to find out the episode!

1x04 A Broken Heart

On the trail of a terrorist with an explosive plot to disrupt a world-trade seminar, Syd is also roped into helping Francie spy on her guy as he steps out with another woman. Also, Vaughn (Michael Vartan) opens up to his newest recruit about his tormented love life; Will uses his newspaper ties to locate the woman Danny was booked to travel with the night of his murder; and Jack (Victor Garber) begins to feel the heat over a secret he's keeping from his daughter. (Summary from tvguide.com)

A few quotes:

Sydney: I don't want it to be like that anymore, I'm just sick of it. I mean, I always had this feeling that maybe someday, I don't know, my dad and I would connect. That things could start to get better.
Francie: Well, you know my opinion of your dad.
Sydney: I know.
Francie: But listen. If you can find it in your heart to forgive him for being the kind of guy he's been all your life, which I would find impossible and could never do, then you should make a real effort.

Vaughn: What wife? I have no wife.
Sydney: No, there was a picture in your office. You and that woman. I thought you were married.
Vaughn: No. She and I are not remotely m-- You thought I was married this whole time?

Pics:

Its the episode with the pier scene, the Swill kiss and Francie and Syd going on a 'mission' (following Charlie)

So, what were your favourite bits from the episode? Did you think of the kiss between Syd and Will? what did you think of Vaughn in the episode?

The pier scene will have to be one of the best bits of that episode, a great s/v scene. I also loved Francie and Syd's little scene in the car when following Charlie. I loved how Syd said you had to wait one block before following him and Francie just gave her that look

I loved Vaughn in this episode, it starts off with vaughn being all 'I'm in charge' ("Syd you have to give SD-6 the right codes...") and his line about Syd thinking he was married all the time they knew each other was such a guy thing to say but so sweet.

I'm running out of discussions we could have so if anyone can think of something if they could post here, or pm me that would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by mandine; 06-23-2006 at 11:08 AM
Old 06-23-2006, 11:18 AM
Master Fan

This one of my favorites episode from season 1

My favorite scene in this episode gotta be the pier scene, I am totally in love with scene and of the course the song "Angel" which I think was the perfect song for this scene. This is the scene where Syd finally realized that she having someone there to talk to.

Syd though he was married the whole time was totally throw him off he looks confused when she told him that, I love his reaction om that scene.

I'll pm you if I can come up with some topic to discuss
Old 06-24-2006, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

Vaughn: What wife? I have no wife.
Sydney: No, there was a picture in your office. You and that woman. I thought you were married.
Vaughn: No. She and I are not remotely m-- You thought I was married this whole time?

Love that quote
This is a great eppy but I don't really remember that much about it. I should really get the S1 DVDs!

Old 06-29-2006, 11:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThUyN19
My favorite scene in this episode gotta be the pier scene, I am totally in love with scene and of the course the song "Angel"
That song is so sad and peaceful and just fits with the pier scene. It's Syd breaking down and Vaughn telling her that he's there for her, not just as her handler but as her friend

I think what makes the scene with Syd thinking Vaughn is married so funny, is the look on Vaughn's face. He just stops, takes in what Syd has just said and has this puzzled look absolutely hilarious! And sooooo shows that he has feelings for her.

Jen you should deffinatley get the S1 DVDs
Old 06-30-2006, 12:27 AM
Master Fan

I though Jen is just so good with emotional scene. I love it when she cry, it seems so real.

Oh yeah the looks on Vaughn's face when Syd thinking Vaughn is married is just too funny that right there you can totally tell that he is so into her, if not he wouldn't care so much what she think.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I though Jen is just so good with emotional scene. I love it when she cry, it seems so real.
That's what I think makes Alias different, it's not all about the action and the CIA taking down an organisation, we see the emotional struggle for Sydney, what she has to go through. Alone. And that's why Vaughn being there for her is so great to see! And why that scene works so well imo. And of course Jennifer Garner is amazing in that scene.

I just realised that Weiss thinks Vaughn has a crush on Syd from the second episode or something that's really early on considering they didn't get together till the second season!
Old 07-06-2006, 02:43 AM
Master Fan

I totally agree, Alias has a lot of drama and emotional scenes and also really good action scenes. The mix is perfect and also part of why I love it so much.
Jennifer Garner is soo good with emotional scenes, everytime Syd cries it breaks my heart .

There are so many TV shows that I wanna get on DVD, it's a tough choice everytime I decide to buy a boxset. I think the next Alias set I'm gonna get is S4 and then S5. I probably will buy S1 sometime in the future but it can wait

Old 07-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

Yup that's why I love Alias so much, it's just not about the action but it mix with some drama. Sydney/Vaughn relationship is the main reason that draw me to Alias. Jennifer is amazing in this one scene where she break down after Vaughn told her they won't able to get that cup of coffee, that scene just break my heart

I bough every TV shows boxset of the shows I watched, I love DVD and I spend way too much on it.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

Deciding on what box sets to buy is really hard I know I'll get S5 of ALias, but I really want Lost S1 and S2, Doctor Who and yea the list goes on
Old 07-11-2006, 12:51 AM
Master Fan

I can't wait until Alias S5 is released here But watching a season on DVD for the first time makes you watch way too many eppies in a row. If you watch it on TV you have to wait a week until the next eppy and you get really excited but if you have the DVD you just watch 'em all at once...which is cool in a way and on the other hand a bit sad 'cuz you're finished with an entire season in such a short time.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CherryPixie-
I can't wait until Alias S5 is released here But watching a season on DVD for the first time makes you watch way too many eppies in a row. If you watch it on TV you have to wait a week until the next eppy and you get really excited but if you have the DVD you just watch 'em all at once...which is cool in a way and on the other hand a bit sad 'cuz you're finished with an entire season in such a short time.
Soooo true seeing as I watched S4 in the space of 48 hours I think watching one episode a week is better, but I don't have the discipline to do so

Not too long to wait for S5 now...I hope
Old 07-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Master Fan

We don't even have the S4 DVDs here

Old 07-11-2006, 06:26 PM
Master Fan

Wonder when S5 come out, it's weird that we haven't get release date yet, I though he should by now.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:03 AM
Master Fan

That really is weird. I hope they're gonna do another DVD release party. I'd love to see the cast reunited for the last time

Old 07-13-2006, 05:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CherryPixie-
That really is weird. I hope they're gonna do another DVD release party. I'd love to see the cast reunited for the last time
that would be great! Boy would I love to crash that party