Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-14-2004, 05:56 PM
Passionate Fan

The Mandy Moore News Thread

Mandymoore.com was just recently updated with a brand new look including new pictures and a brand new song. There's also a voice message on the website by Mandy. She was just recently signed with Sire records.

According to the profile of Macaulay Culkin in the new Rolling Stone on the set of "Saved!", in which Culkin plays Moore's little brother, they played a game requiring some players to say embarassing sentences loudly. Mandy, who hates to curse, had to say, "I love my !" and according to Culkin, she enjoyed saying it so much, she went around the set saying it so that the other players made her change her line to "LeAnn Rimes would've been better in this part."

I love Mandy.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:05 PM
Elite Fan

I love the new look of her site and the new song. It's really a sad song but has an upbeat tempo to it which I find funny.

Nikki
Old 06-14-2004, 06:23 PM
Passionate Fan

If you haven't already, go here to vote for Mandy for lead actress in a Drama/Action Adventure.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:26 PM
Elite Fan

Oh I voted!

Nikki
Old 06-23-2004, 09:27 AM
Passionate Fan

Has anybody heard anything about Mandy starring in the movie "Safety Glass"? I just heard about it on IMDB this morning.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:39 AM
Extreme Fan

From imdb.com

Safety Glass is in pre-production, slated to start shooting in November 2004.

Mandy plays Lucy. Dawson's Creek's Michelle Williams also stars, among others.

PLOT SUMMARY:

It is January 1986 : one week before the space shuttle Challenger is to be launched. A New York reporter, still reeling from the death of a woman he had written a series of articles about, is sent to cover the small town hoopla surrounding Christa McAuliffe, slated to be the first Teacher in Space. In town, the reporter encounters a group of disaffected students, whose own beloved teacher has just died under mysterious circumstances. Their passionate and extreme expressions of grief attract him. He moves into their alternate universe, a willing substitute teacher, but descends into a netherworld of lies and misplaced sexual desire with this group of confused and combustible youths.

Summary written by glatzer/lawson

I'm very interested in this movie because my brother was born on the day of the Challanger crash (Jan 28, 1986) and my science teacher was runner-up aboard this shuttle and his son was born 2 years later to the date of said crash.

Last edited by .one.ray.of.sunlight.; 06-24-2004 at 02:56 AM
Old 06-24-2004, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

Sounds interesting. I've always been fascinated by disasters such as the Challenger event since it's something I was alive during.

I wonder if there will be some controversy surrounding it since it deals with a delicate subject.

Nikki
Old 06-29-2004, 07:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Nikki*~
I love the new look of her site and the new song. It's really a sad song but has an upbeat tempo to it which I find funny.

Nikki
I start to like that song!Do you know what is the title of that song?
Old 07-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Passionate Fan

It's called "Hey", at least that's what I've heard. I don't know if Mandy said anything yet.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:30 AM
Passionate Fan

Apparently Safety Glass is in pre-production. It sounds like an interesting film, I hope it does get made.

M-moore.net has a Summer Contest at the website where you can win a bunch of Mandy stuff so if you're interested, I would head over there.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Mandy Moore, after dumping her ex-boyfriend Andy Roddick, was spotted with her new man out for an early dinner at 'FRED 62' on Vermont Ave. in Los Angeles. Later, they stopped for gas, and she took him home where he could practice his guitar.

Pictures at lime-light.org
Old 07-18-2004, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Quote:
Adam Duritz Writing with Mandy Moore

Duritz and Moore collaborate for her new album.

by Krista Desens

Friday 7.16.2004 /thebuzzfm.com/ -- Counting Crows frontman Adam Duritz is working with Mandy Moore on her next record, which Moore hopes to release early next year. The pair met through mutual friend, actress Mary-Louise Parker, with whom Moore filmed "Romance and Cigarettes" and "Saved!"

On Monday, July 12, Moore posted the following message on her web site: "Adam is one of my favorite people. I had the pleasure of attending a Counting Crows show a few weeks ago, and they blew me away. I was like...'That's my friend.' He's an amazing performer." Moore also said, "I guess he heard "Coverage" and really liked it and somehow we ended up writing some kick-a-- music together." She adds, "It's all very exciting.....hopefully some of it will end up on the finished album."
Old 07-18-2004, 11:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the album news .
Old 07-19-2004, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

I LOVE the Counting Crows/Adam Duritz to death.. Now I'll be impatient for the next Mandy Moore album. This is such great news!
Old 07-20-2004, 05:02 AM
Passionate Fan

Awesome news about Mandy's new movie and music project. Working with Adam Duritz of the Counting Crows? WOW- her new album is gonna rock!

BTW- I topped this thread cuz whenever we have Mandy news to share, we'll always know where the thread is and it'll be easy for everybody to find it.