Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2004, 02:16 AM
Loyal Fan

KaLiPinAy23 Awwww thanks for the memories. WAO is one of my favorite episodes. If episode 210 ends in a similar way I'll be a very happy woman, only this time it would be Haley wanting comfort from Nathan.

If the DVD comes with deleted scenes I'll bet that half of them are of N/H. I still don't know if that's a good or a bad thing...
Old 11-26-2004, 02:20 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting that Lyn
Old 11-26-2004, 02:30 AM
Absolute Fan

Glad you like them. What can I say FKATF, I love to look back on the good times I hope Don't Take Me For Granted ends the same way too. I'd be all smiles BTW, you can call me Lyn

Elise, second time seeing it tonite I'm sure you're not tired of it though
Old 11-26-2004, 02:45 AM
Master Fan

Lyn, thanks for posting that..you're making me cry but thats okay cause I love it. That scene gets to me everytime. *sigh*
Old 11-26-2004, 03:05 AM
Absolute Fan

Aww, it's Jane right? I absolutely love that scene (hence the old school avi )!! Didn't mean to make you cry. It is a beautiful scene that always make my eyes well up with tears too. I miss those days.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by FKATF
If the DVD comes with deleted scenes I'll bet that half of them are of N/H. I still don't know if that's a good or a bad thing...
I'd really like to believe that. But the N/H fans are never that lucky. I'm betting the majority of them will involve Lucas. 'Cause let's face it. We can never get enough of The Chad.

Lyn, beautiful!!! WAO is my second favorite episode. Right after TDKOL.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:17 AM
Loyal Fan

It's kind of funny that whenever I see episodes like ENIAS, CIY or WAO the first thing that pops into my head "that's old school OTH". Even the term old school is funny b/c it isn't like they happened years ago, it was last season and well, if you follow the show's timeline they must of happened six months ago (I'm guessing here b/c Tree Hill's timeline sucks).

But to me at least "old school OTH" goes from the Pilot until WAO, it's cracker jack bracelet, ponchos, "I never", basketball games, L/N not getting along, Peyton being snarky and everybody into their own cliques: L/H, P/B, N/H, L/P.

Don't get me wrong I loved TLY, CCIPC (at least half of it), SEHC, etc but there's something to be said about those first 9 episodes. I don't think Mark has ever repeated the wonderful arc that was ENIAS, LIAGH, TSFSM, and WAO. They were very good, especially for N/H fans.

My question is this: Besides that four episode arc, do you think we ever watched four great N/H episodes in succession (or even three)?

ETA Idlewild The Chad deleted scenes?...great I *heart* him.

Last edited by FKATF; 11-26-2004 at 03:23 AM
Old 11-26-2004, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll be happy with any deleted scenes we can get. Hopefully they won't be too cute or I'll be mad they were cute out.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
It's kind of funny that whenever I see episodes like ENIAS, CIY or WAO the first thing that pops into my head "that's old school OTH". Even the term old school is funny b/c it isn't like they happened years ago, it was last season and well, if you follow the show's timeline they must of happened six months ago (I'm guessing here b/c Tree Hill's timeline sucks).
I totally understand what you're saying. I guess one of the reasons is that the show was moving waaay too fast. (Maybe Mark was afraid that it was going to get canceled and wanted to squeeze in all the possible storylines as fast as possible.) This season, all the storylines seem to be standing still. For example, Brooke storyline is the same week after week. Another reason is that the show's changed way too much. This season has totally different vibe than the first season. The first season had heart. This season...everything's very shallow and fluff-y.

The first nine episodes are definitely what got me addicted to this show. After that, it pretty much sucked, but I couldn't stop watching it...well, because of my "addiction."

Four great N/H episodes...in succession? The season premiere was awesome. The second episode was...good enough. After that, the show pretty much went downhill. Rather than four great N/H episodes in succession (because obviously we're not going to get any), I am even willing to take four great N/H episodes in one season. Because by the looks of it... Sigh. This is way too depressing.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:37 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
But to me at least "old school OTH" goes from the Pilot until WAO
That's what I call old school too. Those are the eppys that hit my heart and sweeped me off my feet.

Quote:
there's something to be said about those first 9 episodes. I don't think Mark has ever repeated the wonderful arc that was ENIAS, LIAGH, TSFSM, and WAO. They were very good, especially for N/H fans.
Seriously those episodes are what hooked me on OTH. It was the start of my obsession. I don't think any other episode has gotten me like those four did (well maybe TDKoL )

Quote:
The season premiere was awesome. The second episode was...good enough.
Yeah, we got a lot of N/H in the first few episodes this season. Especially the premiere. But I don't think there has been a straight four eppy in succession of great N/H material but I'm not gonna say that we don't still have a chance for that I'm optimistic or at least that's what I keep telling myself, lol.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Idlewild
This season has totally different vibe than the first season. The first season had heart. This season...everything's very shallow and fluff-y.
How true is this? Gah, it's kinda depressing really.

Lyn, I swear I'm not stalking you. You just happen to be....here.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
The first season had heart. This season...everything's very shallow and fluff-y.
I can think of two reasons: they took out the family vibe; and 2) too many guest stars. Have we seen Haley talking to Karen? This is the woman who told Deb "Haley's like a daughter to me", even if a few episodes later told Peyton "I don't know what's like to have a daughter" whatever... but they work together plus Karen's input and advice is important to Haley. Also what about Deb and Haley, remember the mother in-law who dislikes her and who happens to be her boss. I'm interested to know how are they working together, is it tense are they ignoring each other? Where are their scenes? Don't even get me started on the lack of Haley/Dan scenes.

Also there's barely any Nathan and Dan scenes, Whitey is MIA, where is the Nathan and Keith bonding that was implied in NWH? Lucas barely talks to Karen...I could go on and on...As for the the guest stars they have too much screen time. If Mark wanted them he should've developed them a lot slower and instead it's like BAM "here they are you have to like them and btw here is their story" Never mind the regular cast's s/l or the fact that in order to have the guest star's s/l Mark and Co. cut down or even not shown some of the regular cast (yeah, Dan and Whitey I'm looking at you) in some of the episodes.

Quote:
I am even willing to take four great N/H episodes in one season. Because by the looks of it... Sigh. This is way too depressing.
IA with you I loved TDKOL, liked the second and loved NWH...the rest..I liked some, hated a few and loved TTITKB. But you're right Mark and Co. should use this hiatus to re think the direction of the show.

Edited b/c the episode's name are confussing.

Last edited by FKATF; 11-26-2004 at 05:29 AM
Old 11-26-2004, 04:14 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Lyn, I swear I'm not stalking you. You just happen to be....here.
Riiiiight like I'm suppose to believe that one

FKATF you make a lot of good points. I totally blew off the Karen/daughter line, I didn't even think about Haley when I saw that. ITA, I'm looking for all the tidbits you named.

So far I've liked TDKOL, TTDMAN, NWH, TBT, and TTITKB. I really liked the last episode minus the promo we got. 5 out of 9 isn't too bad. I can't say that I'll always like every episode of OTH, but I'd love for them to step it up a notch and blow me away...
Old 11-26-2004, 04:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

Karen's "I don't know what's like to have a daughter" line pissed me off. I mean even Lucas is willing to acknowledge the fact that Haley is like his sister. There is no continuity in this show whatsoever. It's like watching "The Simpsons." The previous episodes have no effect on the upcoming ones. Why not just turn this show into The One Tree Hill Variety Hour? Geez. (I remember in Season One, Karen was closer to Brooke than Peyton...not counting Haley, of course.)

This show has wasted so many gooood potential storylines in favor of the new characters and guest stars. STUPID!!!
Old 11-26-2004, 04:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by FKATF

But to me at least "old school OTH" goes from the Pilot until WAO, it's cracker jack bracelet, ponchos, "I never", basketball games, L/N not getting along, Peyton being snarky and everybody into their own cliques: L/H, P/B, N/H, L/P.

hehe, me too, me too. That's what "old school" means to me as well. ENIAS, LIAGH, TSFSM, and WAO are my four favorite OTH episodes, and I love that they were one after the other. That was actually when my obsession with this show officially started because I loved ENIAS, then it just kept getting better and better, and pretty soon I was hooked. Those four were so wonderfully written, and if I had to show four episodes to anyone it would definitely be those four, I think that it shows the amount of potential that this show has, and the greatness that the writers can actually get when they're in a good day. All four of those relationships I love, and dearly miss. sigh.
"Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same." ~ Flavia

N. + H.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread