Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2004, 07:47 AM
Absolute Fan

ITA with eveything you said. I would've enjoyed seeing them date more. Seriously from what they showed in episodes, you would think they didn't really know each other that well to get married.

I don't think I could ship either one of them with someone else. I fell in love with the show b/c of these two.

And I'm going along with the 'what if they broke up' thoughts...I agree that no one else will ever be good enough. Nathan would always compare a new girl to Haley and vice versa. Nathan has Haley's heart and Haley has Nathan's heart, I just don't see how each of them would ever get over the other after being married.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by KaLiPinAy23
Nathan would always compare a new girl to Haley and vice versa. Nathan has Haley's heart and Haley has Nathan's heart, I just don't see how each of them would ever get over the other after being married.
That I think is the biggest thing. You can't just forget the person you married when you were 16, that's gonna be with you everywhere. They're just perfect for each other and compliment each other perfectly they should just never ever break up. Once you give somebody your full heart you can't just take it back whenever you want. Love doesn't work that way.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:12 AM
Absolute Fan

Yeah, little things would keep reminding you of that other person. Mac & Cheese, black socks, cracker jacks, Sheryl Crowe, even the damn rain! They're first loves, everyone always says you can never forget your first love.
Quote:
Once you give somebody your full heart you can't just take it back whenever you want. Love doesn't work that way.
This totally reminds me of The Leaving Song where Haley told Nathan that she gave him her heart.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Supreme Fan

Anne Thanks for the thread! It looks fabulous!
Old 11-24-2004, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the new thread! Beautiful title!!

I was staaaaaaring at that animation! OH GODD!! New kiss right?? OMG!!! I LOVE how Nathan holds her! Almost looks like he is lifting her up!

Last edited by heart packed in ice; 11-24-2004 at 01:42 PM
Old 11-24-2004, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Anne, great job starting the new thread. Love the title and all the beautiful pics.

Becky, thanks for the animation. I could stare at it all day today. I love the way he has his arms around her...
Old 11-24-2004, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just saw the promo and that better not be a deleted kiss or I will kick some ass!! OMG!! So cuuuute!

I'm not sure though. Their clothes look the same as in when Nathan gave Haley the keyboard. I hope it's a new kiss!

Old 11-24-2004, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Caroline, I hope it's a new kiss too...though it really looks like a deleted scene one.

Alright guys...here's my latest installment of poems I've written. This is from Brooke's POV...so I hope ya like. Feedback would be appreciated.

The Newlyweds by Pat

I often thought love only existed in fairy tales
But I was proved wrong by the Newlyweds…Nathan and Hales
I often thought love and I didn’t mesh right
But the Newlyweds are proof while love is challenging, it’s a worthwhile fight
I often thought love complicated matters too much in life
But the Newlyweds are proof love conquers its inevitable strife
I often thought love would find everybody else and never land on me
But the Newlyweds are proof love happens with the person you least expect it to be
I often thought love could be easily bought by having sufficient cash around
But the Newlyweds are proof their wealth is greater in the love they have found
I often thought love couldn’t emit the same gratification sex exuded
But the Newlyweds are proof sex can only be that much better when love is included
I often thought love was a game, you had to get out before you’d get burned
But the Newlyweds are proof love is worth the risk since you get so much in return
I often thought love was what I found one time but I ended up betrayed
But the Newlyweds are proof when love is real, it will always stay
I often thought love was what everybody else needed that I could do without
But the Newlyweds are proof of what love is and should be about
I often thought love was hypocritical, leaving you in either pleasure or pain
But the Newlyweds are proof love gets thru the toughest cynics and makes them consider loving again.
I often thought love couldn’t just be about love
But the Newlyweds are proof when love has its imperfections, what matters most is how you rise above
I often thought love’s fairy tale concept I’d held onto for so long, had been undone
But the Newlyweds are proof love is being able to overcome obstacles together while still remaining as one.

Last edited by Jordan23; 11-24-2004 at 03:21 PM
Old 11-24-2004, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

..thanks for the new thread, Anne!

PAT!!..that was awesome! You really captured Nathan and Haley with Brooke's POV...I loved it.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Hello guys

Idlewild Great thread and you have the ani-promo.

I'm not complaining anymore about N/H lack of touching or kissing. Apparently they *do* kiss is just that the edit department cuts them, I'll bet the wedding night was cut as well.

M_J 23 I loved it, especially this line
Quote:
But the Newlyweds are proof love gets thru the toughest cynics and makes them consider loving again.

Last edited by FKATF; 11-26-2004 at 05:50 AM
Old 11-24-2004, 11:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Anne Thanks for the new thread, love the opening title, and wonderful title.

Doreen Sigh. Those four are my all time favorite OTH episodes.... ever. And I love how they were one after enough, so my love for them got bigger and bigger over the course of a month. LOL.

Amanda When I first found out that they got married, I was upset, I'll admit it because what I really wanted was to see what they were like after they were comfortable with each other, after the first couple months of dating, after they understood each other better. I wanted to see them on dates more often and how they would interact with each other when meeting each other's family, friends, and school. I wanted to see their relationship develop until they were really serious. I wanted to see if Nathan would push in her chair at dinner, or buy her favorite candy at the movie theatre because he knew what her favorite food was. I wanted to see him come to her house and pick her up and close the car door for her. I wanted to see Nathan decorate her bedroom when he wanted to ask her to homecoming/prom, put rose petals on her floor, and do something that would make me go aww. I wanted to see Nathan go and pick Haley up for a date, and stay and chat with her dad or brother, and then catch his breath when he sees Haley. I wanted to see him drop her off at home or at work and give her a quick kiss. And god damn it, I wanted to see how Haley finally gives in to sex, what she does, and how Nathan reacts. I wanted to see all those little cute things that you do when you're going out, and although they will still go to the movies together or eat out every once in a while, but it's not the same when you're married.

One thing that I do appreciate about this marriage storyline is that it is incredibly original and creative. What couple on TV has actually gotten married in high school? And lasted? I'm not talking about soap operas or comedies, I'm talking about an actual drama like this. Mark was incredibly brave in coming up with this idea, and I just hope with everything in me that he takes this beautiful and wonderful storyline to heart, and make us, or at least tries to make us happy.

When I first saw the promo I was dead set that it wasn't a deleted scene, but then after closer examination of screencaps and slow-moing the promo, it does like a deleted scene. Supremely pissed me off!! Someone mentioned on the OTH board that maybe it's a flashback, that's what I'm hoping for, flashback, flashback!!
"Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same." ~ Flavia

N. + H.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Absolute Fan

Pat, I your poem. I love your series of poems.
Old 11-25-2004, 03:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you, Becca, Caroline, Pat, Jane, FKATF, and Audrey.

Jane, thank you for fixing the thread title. You're a doll.

Pat, love your poem. Beautiful. I like your Brooke so much more than Brooke on the show.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

I didn't notice there was a new thread. It's awesome Anne

Pat, I already mentioned this at the couples thread, but I your poem! So beautiful...I love every line.

ETA: About that kiss, someone mentioned this but could it be shown like as a flashback or something? Er, I know, wishful thinking! *sigh.
Old 11-25-2004, 05:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks, Elise!!!