Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Elite Fan

PAS & BJG Thread #2: B/C They share a “mysterious and exotic" chemistry & “Paul taught me to act”.

Welcome to the Paul Anthony Stewart & Bethany Joy Galeotti Appreciation Thread

This thread is dedicated to the relationship that exists between actor Paul Anthony Stewart and actress Bethany Joy Galeotti of Guiding Light. Despite the fact that they no longer work together, their rare and beautiful friendship is still appreciated.

supporters ;

1- lil souljah
2- killed the lights
3- kylie2060
4- tutorgirl323
5- Starsnlights
6- lalagrl23
7- naleyrocks23
8- AmeliaBeck
9- liltashaq
10- breaking silence
11- Schtroumphi
12- LHScott
13- Stenz
14- bristow<0>
15- carraboo

<to be added please make a request in the thread or PM the thread starter>

various captures;

interviews;

Would either of you hang out with Danny or Michelle?
LENZ: I wouldn't hang out with Michelle.

STEWART: I'd hang out with Danny in his single days. I'd go to all the stripper bars.

LENZ: I hope that Danny has a former wife.

STEWART : I was trying to play that. That's how I keep myself entertained. I have all sorts of mysterious plots that no one ever knows about. At one point when we were officially married, I cooked up this whole idea that Danny had this romance going on and basically, let that go to save Michelle. I always like to have more stuff going on than what…

LENZ : I remember you telling me that once in the church. You were like, "Just pretend we know what we're doing."

STEWART: Wasn't that fun?

LENZ: (giggling) Yes, then I got the note: "Don't do that!"

STEWART: And I'm like, "Joie, ignore the note." It's like life – the tip of the iceberg is all that's showing. Then there's 90 percent of the iceberg that is actually under the water and that's the part that sinks ships. That is my deep thought of my day. That's all you're getting out of me! The rest is going to be lies and jokes.
Do the two of you have a special rehearsing technique?
STEWART: First we take a shower together, then we rub lotion on each other's backs. Rehearsal changes on a daily basis depending on the needs…

LENZ: I've gotten to the point where I can read my scripts, dry run, camera blocking, rehearse it twice, and I know it.

STEWART: I don't like to over-rehearse.

LENZ: It's like a dog bone. You chew on it for a while, you bury it, pick it back up…

STEWART: Good one. Joie gave an analogy. Icebergs and bones, we're set. [To Digest] You got an analogy out of each of us. Time's up.

Paul Anthony Stewart on Bethany Joy;

"I purposely didn't watch the show, because when I went to try for the role, I read with Joie, who hadn't started to air yet. I knew that whatever I was going to find in the character was going to be from working with Joie." - TV Guide Interview - March 1, 1999

"Joie is the type of colleague who's very professional and mature." - TV Guide Interview - March 1, 1999

"It's funny because Joie and I disagree on a lot of things, but we just have chemistry, and chemistry is a mysterious… maybe it's the fact that we actually don't agree on a lot of things."- Soap Opera Digest - September 7, 1999

"I love working with Joie... My first impression of Joie was, "Damn, she's 17." [To Lenz] I know you get that thrown in your face a lot, but it's very impressive what you're doing at your age. Those first few months were intense, but I think the reward is that they laid the groundwork for something really solid that we can stand on now." - Soap Opera Digest - September 7, 1999

[re: Joie's departure]"But I understand. I did it earlier in my career. Everyone has their own meter for when it's time for them to move on. And I love Joie. I will miss her immensely. I already do. It's funny, because I'm working with a wonderful actress named Elizabeth Hobgood, who plays May, but I feel like I'm cheating on Joie." - Soaps In Depth - October 24, 2000

[re: His last scenes with Joie] "I’m glad that we did not have ‘farewell’ scenes, in which we knew that it was Joie’s last day, because that would have been too difficult to play. [...] They looked at each other, and Michelle turned and walked away," recounts Stewart. "So now, after the fact, it all takes on an even deeper meaning. I’m glad I didn’t know at the time that that was going to be the last thing [Joie and I did together.] Because I would have just been a mess." - Soaps In Depth - October 24, 2000

[re: His wishes for Joie's future] "Oh, just that she’s happy," he answers. "Whether she goes to school, pursues her singing, if she leaves the business altogether and wants to have a family… whatever it is, that she has a great life."- Soaps In Depth - October 24, 2000

magazine covers;

------

Paul : We make a dynamic duo.
Joie : Yes...
Paul : And we're here to save the day!

Last edited by diamond gothic; 09-12-2010 at 02:49 PM
diamond gothic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:47 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for getting the new thread going, Jess! I've just been reading the quotes in the OP again, sigh, they make me smile. LOL.
Join&Vote MISFITS
missviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks so much for the new thread start, sweets! This title is cuteness overload. Perfect pick.

Looking at the opening makes me smile, for real.

- Bethany Joy
shoots up a flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

YW for the new thread I'm not great with titles, but I love those quotes and since I couldn't choose one, I used both! LOL

Old 04-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Loyal Fan

I would like if there is a 8 season of OTH paul like haley's brother so joy and paul will be again together in the screen you don't?
elenaitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:49 AM
Elite Fan

Paul playing Haley's brother? LOL. I guess I can't see why not, any way to have them on screen together again is fine by me Paul/Joy/James all in one scene together, the tv might explode from all the sparks flying.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHScott (View Post)
Paul playing Haley's brother? LOL. I guess I can't see why not, any way to have them on screen together again is fine by me Paul/Joy/James all in one scene together, the tv might explode from all the sparks flying.
joy, james and paul antony will be an amazing trio with a wonderful chemistry
Old 04-17-2010, 03:52 AM
Elite Fan

Old 04-17-2010, 05:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Cute picture! They are an amazing couple
Old 04-29-2010, 02:32 AM
Master Fan

Love that picture.

Has this quote been posted?

Quote:
“I absolutely loved working with Paul Anthony Stewart on Guiding Light. He is a wonderful, spontaneous actor and the chemistry we had was rare.”
Such a great quote. It's from a Kidz World interview.
Join&Vote MISFITS
Old 04-29-2010, 02:35 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for posting the quote Jo!

Aww Joy, that was so sweet of her to say (and all true as well). They really did have such a rare chemistry.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Thanks for posting the quote Jo!

Aww Joy, that was so sweet of her to say (and all true as well). They really did have such a rare chemistry.
Agreed.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
They really did have such a rare chemistry.
Right? They really brought Manny to life, and the spark the two of them have is/was incredible. Definitely a true true quote.
Join&Vote MISFITS
Old 05-04-2010, 01:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Paul playing Haley's brother? LOL. I guess I can't see why not, any way to have them on screen together again is fine by me .
As much as I'd LOVE to see those 2 together again, I don't think the brother thing would work, with the chemistry Paul and Joy had the episode would start to seem incestuous. I'd much rather see them together in roles outside OTH. I've been disappointed in the neglect the show has for Joy's talent, so I do hope this is it, but that's a whole nother story/topic so I digress.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't think the brother thing would work, with the chemistry Paul and Joy had the episode would start to seem incestuous.
LOL. True.