Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Notebook/Joy & Nicholas Sparks Thread #4: Get ready, everyone!! The Notebook is heading to Broadway, baby!!

| nicholas sparks' the notebook a musical comes to life. |

Galeotti & Aniello are a new composing team with the distinct honor of presenting the first-ever Live Theatrical Workshop of a new musical based on Nicholas Sparks' "The Notebook". This is a preliminary step toward an eventual opening in New York.

| the team. |

BETHANY JOY GALEOTTI

Bethany has been working steadily as an actress and singer since she was about twelve. Her Grandfather, George Lenz, was a regular on the Broadway stage in the 50’s and 60’s (Wish You Were Here, Carousel, By The Beautiful Sea, South Pacific, etc...) and the performance bug passed down to her. Starting out in theatre and making her way to film and television, she has worked over the years with Garry Marshall, Carole King, Mary Tyler Moore, Arthur Allan Seidelman, Frances McDormand, David Straithairn, Paul Sorvino, Fisher Stevens, Valerie Harper, Marisa Tomei, Joyce Carol Oats, Paul Anthony Stewart, Joe Mantegna and more on stage productions, readings and television. She is also currently starring as Haley James Scott in the television series “One Tree Hill” now headed into its seventh season. Bethany recently directed her first episode of One Tree Hill which was met with accolades from crew and critics alike. She is currently recording her third album, this time with EVERLY, her new band. Her second album, recorded under Epic Records was the catalyst for bringing Bethany and Ron together. A few years later, they both decided to take a break from their day-jobs and try their luck in Musical Theatre. Bethany brought her libretto of The Notebook to Ron and the two began finding a magic in their music, and shortly thereafter formed Galeotti & Aniello Productions.

RON ANIELLO

Ron is an award-winning, multiplatinum producer, song writer and musician who has recorded and written a variety of hits for artists such as Lifehouse, Barenaked Ladies, 3 x Grammy winner Jays of Clay, Six Pence None The Richer, Guster, Vanessa Amorossi (Australia’s biggest selling artist 2008) Days Of The New, and Candlebox, among others. In 2001 Ron produced one of the most played radio songs of all time in “Hanging By A Moment “ (Billboard Award winner and American Music Award winner). Notable film scores include Shrek, Disturbia, Blackhawk Down.

Ron was hit with the Broadway bug when Bethany asked him to collaborate on songs for the Notebook Musical. Inspired by the genre in 2008, Ron also wrote the music and lyrics to an offbeat musical called “The Lonely” (based on a twilight zone episode).

Ron grew up in Las Vegas, Nevada and lives and works in Los Angeles, Ca. He is married to Jeanette and has 3 children (one of them is a french bulldog named Pierre).

| character and casting info. |

Quote:
Coming soon!

| the latest news. |

Quote:
AUDITIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.

Workshop will be presented in Wilmington during the first two weekends of October.
credit: The Notebook Website

Quote:
Galeotti & Aniello are a new composing team with the distinct honor of presenting a new musical test based on the beloved Nicholas Sparks novel "The Notebook".

This work-in-progress was presented with great success in Wilmington, North Carolina during October 2009 and was designed to be used as a creative critique for the authors before it moves into a traditional workshop setting at an Equity level.

Music for The Notebook ranges from American Wartime Standard and Swing to Bluegrass and Gospel.

We extend our sincerest thanks to everyone involved. We will take a short break for the holidays and will post updates as the project progresses.

Best,
Bethany Joy Galeotti & Ron Aniello
credit: The Notebook Website

Quote:
Casting Call: The Notebook Musical

Here is some exciting news for the Wilmington area. I spoke with Joy Galeotti (One Tree Hill & Everly) this morning and she is looking for local theater actors for her upcoming musical production of Nicholas Spark's The Notebook. She recently met with Mr. Sparks and obtained the rights to move forward with her musical adaption of the book and her goal is to make it to Broadway. But first, she has to put together a workshop which she is planning to do right here in Wilmington.

If you are an actor/actress and would like to be part of this exciting opportunity, please visit their website for audition information.
credit: Carolina Beach Today

credit for capturing/posting: Julie

'One Tree Hill' actress Bethany Joy Galeotti talks about adapting 'Notebook' into a musical | StarNewsOnline.com | Star News | Wilmington, NC
NYDailyNews 'The Notebook,' the musical: Romantic tearjerker being adapted for the stage
MTV 'The Notebook' Could Be Broadway Bound & We Have Ideas for Showstopping Numbers
The Notebook: The Musical
The Notebook To Get Musical Makeover
Producers trying to turn the Notebook into a Musical
"The Notebook" Musical
The Notebook Hits Broadway
Notebook the musical??
MSNBC/Acces Hollywood News Article
Lisa Goldstein talks about Joy and The Notebook (Edited to only include snippet related to Joy)

Joy attending the 15th Anniversary Celebration of The Notebook

| official. the website. further info. |

Galeotti and Aniello present Nicholas Sparks' The Notebook a Musical

| heard here, there, everywhere. |

Quote:
Tree Hill’s Galeotti one step closer to Broadway

It’s difficult to contain talent and passion. Bethany Joy Galeotti discovered that with her newest project. “I thought, ‘This is either going to be terrible, or it’s going to be great,’” she reveals in a One Tree Hill podcast. “I don’t know what it’s going to be, but I’ve gotta get this out.” The result will very likely be a hit Broadway musical. You see, Bethany was so inspired by the romantic tearjerker film The Notebook, she began writing songs based on the characters. Nicholas Sparks, who authored the beloved novel (his first) in 1996, embraced her ideas and gave his blessing for the musical stage adaptation. Teaming with record producer Ron Aniello, the pair held auditions for the various roles and hosted a workshop presentation in Wilmington, NC for Broadway producers and investors—who loved the dialogue, story, and especially the music (“Don’t touch it,” they advised). The process now involves refining the play and previewing it in front of still more industry heads in New York. But realize, The Notebook spent over a year on the best-sellers list, and the movie is considered by many to be the definitive Hollywood love story. How can this music original not be a success? Interestingly, Bethany herself once aspired to be a Broadway musical theatre actress. Now, of course, she has a singer/songwriter lead storyline as “Haley” on One Tree Hill, as well as an off-screen career as a soloist and member of Everly. Monday night, she and her TV sisters share the spotlight with their mother in an emotional midseason finale episode, The Last Day of Our Acquaintance.
credit for info: CW Affiliate

Quote:
How is work on The Notebook going? How was the process of taking such a popular novel and film, and turning into a musical?

Bethany Joy- It was a great process. It was a lot of fun. We took it very seriously because we really didn't want to duplicate something that's already been done. We didn't want to just take the movie and add music. We didn't want to just take the book and add music. We wanted to create something that was new for our audience so that when they see it they feel like they're experiencing a classic story in a new way, they feel like they're seeing something for the first time. And that was definitely a challenge because we really do respect so much the work that was done in the film and we wanted to honor that without trying to duplicate or copy, so it's been a really great process.

Ron Aniello my friend and co-writer, who just got nominated for a Grammy this past season so that was really exciting for him, he's just really talented, so we got together and we just started writing and said you know let's just go on this journey together and see where it takes us. And even at this point, where we're at, we're still talking to producers. We want to make sure we don't rush into anything. We have a lot of people that are interested but we need to make sure that we're not just rushing an unfinished product because it'd be great to get it out you know, because everybody wants to see it. We want to make sure that what we put out there as the final product is really honoring to the story and especially to Nicholas Sparks and his family because that story was very close to his family. So it's been great, it's been a lot of fun. We really love our music. We just finished our score and we're doing re-writes on the script right now and just trying to beef up some of the older storylines from our workshop, which is why we had the workshop just for us to kind of watch it and see what we had. And we'll be moving forward from here.

I really hope we get to see it on stage in New York soon!

Bethany Joy- I hope so, too! And there's so many options you know. Maybe it doesn't go straight to Broadway, a lot of shows go on a national tour before they go overseas first. So we have a lot of options right now. We're trying not to rush any decision making. We're just not in any rush. We're enjoying the journey and we've been learning so much about each other and ourselves, our abilities. We just feel like god really has a story here that touches people's hearts and we feel like it's just love that gets to be poured out on people through this story. We don't want to get in the way of that. We just want to help lift it up. So we're excited!
credit for info: Examiner

Quote:
Also I suppose it's okay to mention this now but I found a tidbit about the Musical a month or so ago but didn't want to say anything since it wasn't public yet but the trip to New York that Joy and Ron went on in April - mentioned in the restaurant blog - was actually for meeting theatre producers, apparently there are some big names interested in the project so hopefully that means that finding investors won't be too difficult!
credit for info: Chantelle

Quote:
If anyone has the talent, drive and determination to make this a reality, it's Joy. And having heard some of the music that she and Ron have put together for the production, I have full confidence that this will someday be a Broadway hit.
credit for info: Carolina Beach Today

Quote:
The Thalian Hall complex is the site of recitals, awards ceremonies, film festivals, lectures and charity events, and is "home" to a large number of theatre and performing companies, including By Chance Productions, Opera House Theatre, Thalian Association, Willis Richardson Players, Theatre Exchange, and Stageworks Youth Theatre.
credit: Thalian Hall the Audition Location

| deets. from joy's facebook with love. xoxo. |

The Notebook (Blackbox Staged Reading)

| picture goodness. |

The Notebook (Blackbox Staged Reading)

| the friendship. |

Joy and Nicholas Sparks

Quote:
Q: Speaking of future projects, I interviewed Bethany Joy Galeotti (a “One Tree Hill” cast member) about producing a musical adaptation of “The Notebook” here in Wilmington. What's going on with that and how do you feel about that?

A: It's been an interesting process. And of course Joy and Ron (Aniello), who are working on the project, have done a very good job. Where it goes from here I cannot tell you. I haven't made any decision as to what's going to happen next.

Q: Have you seen it?

A: I did. I came down to Wilmington and I saw it. I thought they did a very good job. I enjoyed it.

credit: starnews

tweets between Joy and Nicholas Sparks

Special thanks to Rita for providing these!

credit: Joy's FB, Official NB site, Les Almond on myspace, and Jessxhalo23

| follow: great unofficial sources of information and news about the notebook musical. |

Quote:
Samantha, Shanna, and Lyn have created a community dedicated to the musical. It will be updated with all of the latest news and information, etc. So, make sure to go check it out and join.

All bio and offical information credited to: Galeotti and Aniello present Nicholas Sparks' The Notebook a Musical Website, which can be found, here.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:16 PM
Elite Fan

yay more good news! Very exciting that it seems everything is going well with the development.

also speaking of NS I saw trailers for 'the vow' and 'the lucky one' when I was seeing a movie tonight, and ngl I'm very excited to see both.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I promise to update the opening when I'm done with my deadline! EEEEEEE In the meantime, SQUEE AWAY!!! Broadway, seriously?! YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying aimlessly (View Post)
Thank you so much for bringing over the article Lisa, I was just headed here to do the same. I'm so excited and pumped for her.

I die!
'The Notebook' musical headed to Broadway - Pop2it - Zap2it
Broadway.com | Will a Musical Adaptation of Ryan Gosling-Rachel McAdams Flick The Notebook Come to Broadway?
http://http//www.washingtonpost.com/...uO_video.html?
A Few Suggestions for The Notebook’s Musical Score -- Vulture

Nicholas Sparks discusses TNB and confirms that it is heading to Broadway!
"The Notebook" heading to Broadway - YouTube

Old 12-16-2011, 02:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

OMFG! I die. I'm so freaking excited for this! Wowza It's going on Broadway! I'm so happy for Joy and Ron and everyone else who's worked so hard for this!

TFTNT and no problem about the tweets
Old 12-16-2011, 06:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

GREAT!!!!!!!!! I´ll come back when I´m not too shaky..
Old 12-16-2011, 08:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

I'm so happy for her and everyone who busted so hard for this to make it happen!! I can't wait to hear when it announced the date of this musical!!

Thanks for posting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by find something real (View Post)
also speaking of NS I saw trailers for 'the vow' and 'the lucky one' when I was seeing a movie tonight, and ngl I'm very excited to see both.
The Vow wasn't his novel that he wrote since it was someone else that it was based on true story when it happened to a couple, but The Lucky One was his novel..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 12-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

C thank you so much for the new thread. Loving the title so much!

Also thank you scherra for posting all information you did in the last thread. I totally missed it and just spied it today. Super appreciated.

Still trying to gather my thoughts over the news that just came out. I think it's because I'm just feeling all kinds of excitement for Joy. Not only because the musical is going to Broadway but something that is so clearly a dream of hers, something she has worked so hard on is coming to fruition. Just so much excitement and happiness for her.
Tumblaaaa
Old 12-17-2011, 01:31 AM
Extreme Fan

I just checked out the website for the musical and it's been updated with a new look, it also seems to be geared more toward the official musical production rather than the workshop which had more of a focus on the previous version. It must have been changed today 'cos when I looked at it yesterday it was still the same. Joy and Ron's bios have been updated and most of the sections say 'coming soon' which leads me to believe that it's in the process of being updated. I wonder if we'll start hearing more about it in 2012?
Because I'll be by to see you some day soon
Old 12-17-2011, 02:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Total word, Michele! I can only imagine how important this project has been to Joy, and still is. It really must be her ultimate baby. I could not be more proud!

Oh cool! I checked it yesterday too and it looked the same. I'll go check it out.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:38 AM
Moderator Support Team

I didn't see the website since it look like it was took down which I assumed that they probably fix it or switch it around..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 12-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm still yaying with this!
Old 12-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I just checked out the website for the musical and it's been updated with a new look, it also seems to be geared more toward the official musical production rather than the workshop which had more of a focus on the previous version. It must have been changed today 'cos when I looked at it yesterday it was still the same. Joy and Ron's bios have been updated and most of the sections say 'coming soon' which leads me to believe that it's in the process of being updated. I wonder if we'll start hearing more about it in 2012?
Oh very cool. Thank you so much for the heads up!

Quote:
I can only imagine how important this project has been to Joy, and still is. It really must be her ultimate baby. I could not be more proud!
Exactly. Eeeeks!
Tumblaaaa
Old 12-18-2011, 09:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

I forgot to say the OP looks amazing, C & Michele!
Old 12-18-2011, 11:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I forgot to say the OP looks amazing, C & Michele!
Thanks Rita, though most of the credit goes to Krys (and I believe C as well) as she put the majority of it together. But I've been loving the addition of the tweets you capped for us!
Tumblaaaa
Old 08-30-2013, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

How is Joy associated with the notebook?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread