Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2014, 12:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Music Appreciation #49: "I've been working on some new songs to add to the in-process album." - Joy

Welcome to the 48th Bethany Joy Music Appreciation Thread

I l o v e s i n g i n g. Getting on stage...it's like reaching in to the bottom of my soul and bringing it right up. I love it.

Welcome to the Bethany Joy Music thread. As most Joie fans have come to know, Bethany Joy is not just an actress. She has many talents and one of them is being blessed with an amazing voice, and the gift of music.

In this post you will find everything you need to know about Joie's musical career thus far so you too, can appreciate her amazing talent. Once you're up to date join in on the appreciating!

I wrote my first song when I was maybe like four years old. I was always wandering around the house making things up. Back then, I learned a lot about singing from listening to Mariah Carey. I would sing to her [albums] and try and get all her riffs and stuff. I would be in my room for hours until I could get it right, it helps being an only child because I didn't have anything else to do!

The Background

• Bethany Joy released the limited CD Preincarnate featuring eight original tracks, all performed and written by Bethany Joy. However the CD is no longer available for purchase.
  • Bethany also sang a track in the 2002 movie Undercover Brother called Ebony and Ivory. Her voice was used for Denise Richard's character who was singing a duet with Eddie Griffin's character.

• Bethany performed another original song titled Safe at the House of Blues alongside Gavin DeGraw.
  • She performed a number of songs as Haley James on One Tree Hill
  • Joie also sung a beautiful version of the National Anthem at a few of the charity football and basketball games organised by some of the OTH cast.

• Joie took to the road on the One Tree Hill tour and performed many original songs including five which she has released on a new album called Come On Home. To read about the tour and find pictures visit the tour threads and to listen/watch clips of the concerts visit the tour Audio/Video thread
  • On April 13th Joie released a new song to her fans via her official site, called The Lonliness Is Better Near Now. She also posted the much sought after lyrics for John and Junior.
  • During the summer Joie revealed that she had signed with Epic Records and her first official album is due for release in early 2006!
  • A new song, One More Thing, was discovered online.
  • On Sept 14th Joie released another new song via her official site, aptly named Ophelia, as she was stuck inside waiting out hurricane Ophelia.
  • On November 12th Bethany Joy Lenz's official music site at sony Bethany Joy went live. Fans gained access to the full version of three new tracks... Devil Archerist, Then Slowly Grows (Come To Me), and Sunday Storm

• On April 28th Bethany Joy released her first official Podcast. She answered questions from fans - She does plan to release John and Junior in the future sometime but not on this album. The new album is due in October and the first single is going to be Never Gonna Be (C'mon C'mon). Podcast transcript
  • On December 9th, Joy updated her journal and said that her and her music producer, Ron, are full-steam-ahead writing a stage musical, and hope for it to be in some kind of production (workshops, recording, etc) by the end of 2007 at the latest.
  • In the magazine OK! in October, Joy said that her new CD was titled The Starter Kit and that it was an eclectic mix of music similar to Patty Griffin, Bonnie Raitt and really dramatic Fiona Apple music.
  • On May 6th, Joie let us know through her personal journal that she and Epic Records have parted ways due to changes in Sony Music, one of these is the change in musical direction in which the label wanted to focus on.

• On May 21st, the song Feel This by Joy featuring Enation was released on iTunes
  • On September 19th, Joy performed at a USO Concert for One Tree Hill along with Enation, Kate Voegele, and Angels and Airwaves. She performed Feel This with Enation as well as two new songs, The Sweetest Thing and a duet with Amber Sweeney, Home is Me You Are Mine
  • On October 14th, Joy and Grace Potter’s song I Want Something That I Want was released on iTunes.
  • On November 5th, an EP, Mission Bell, was released on iTunes and CD Baby by Joy and Amber Sweeney under the name Everly. This EP contained 3 songs, Home Is Me. You Are Mine., Little Children and Stars
    Everly’s MySpace
  • On November 14th, more songs were released that were a part of the upcoming One Tree Hill episode "We Three, My Echo, My Shadow and Me", these include Mrs. Scott, Scheming Star, Hotel Café and Karen’s Café as well as another version of Karen's Café, Hotel Café

• On April 4th, Everly performed at Tin Pan South in Nashville, TN. Among the songs performed were two new tracks, Girl in the Moon and The Right Time.
  • On July 25th, Everly performed at the Grand Opening of Galeotti's Restaurant in Battle Ground, WA. New songs played at this show included a cover of Michael Jackson's Billie Jean, Tom Petty's I Won't Back Down, Wilson Phillips' Hold On and an acoustic version of Quicksand.
  • On September 14th, a studio version of Quicksand was released on iTunes and was featured as the opening song for the S7 premiere of One Tree Hill.
  • On November 9th, a new song Maybe was released on iTunes and featured as a song performed by Haley in 7x09 of One Tree Hill.
  • On December 17th, Everly released a Christmas EP, Fireside on iTunes, featuring 6 holiday tracks.

• On January 18th, an EP, B Tracks, Vol. 3, was released on iTunes featuring three tracks, Flying Machine, Girl in the Moon, and We Belong. These tracks, along with Joy's previously unreleased full version of Never Gonna Be, were featured during 7x13, a special episode of One Tree Hill.
  • On June 25th, Joy released the full version of Shiver on her official blog, encouraging those who downloaded it for free to donate to one of 3 organizations: Compassion Intl, KWWT, or FSD.
  • On August 18th, Everly posted a performance of their new song Mirror to their YouTube account, so fans attending their show at the Corn Palace Festival would be able to sing along.
  • On August 29th, Everly performed at the Corn Palace Festival in Mitchell, South Dakota with their band.

So much of my heart is in my music. If you pay close attention to the lyrics, you can get a much better perception of who I am when my guard is down.

The Songs

Preincarnate (2002) Track Listing:Come On Home (2005) Track Listing:
Songs from The Starter Kit (2006):
Mission Bell EP (2008):
Fireside EP (2009):
  • Sleigh Ride
  • Winter Wonderland
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas
  • Christmas Time Is Here
  • O Come, O Come Emmanuel
  • Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas / O Holy Night

Songs Joy sang on the OTH Tour (2005):
Songs Joy sang on OTH:
  • Elsewhere [Originally by Sarah Mclachlan] (in Suddenly Everything Has Changed)
  • Let Me Fall [Written by Unknown] (in Let The Reigns Go Loose)
  • When The Stars Go Blue with Tyler Hilton [Originally by Ryan Adams] (in multiple episodes)
  • Halo [Written by Kara Dioguardi and Matthew Gerrard] (in multiple episodes)
  • Feel This feat. Enation (in multiple episodes)
  • I Want Something That I Want with Grace Potter (in Messin’ With the Kid)
  • Karen’s Café (in We Three (My Echo, My Shadow and Me))
  • Mrs. Scott (in We Three (My Echo, My Shadow and Me))
  • Scheming Star (in We Three (My Echo, My Shadow and Me))
  • Quicksand (in 4:30 AM (Apparently They Were Traveling Abroad))
  • Maybe (in Now You Lift Your Eyes To The Sun)
  • Flying Machine (in Weeks Go By Like Days)
  • Girl in the Moon (in Weeks Go By Like Days)
  • We Belong [Originally by Pat Benatar] (in Weeks Go By Like Days)
  • Never Gonna Be (in Weeks Go By Like Days)

Misc. Joy Songs:
Songs from Ten Inch Hero:
Songs that might be on The Starter Kit:
  • Patient Man
  • Blue Sky (Patty Griffin cover)

Songs that Joy has performed live various years
  • February Leather
  • Cameron
  • I'll Never Walk Alone
  • Like Crazy Girls Do
  • The Sweetest Thing

Joy in the recording studio for Ten Inch Hero songs.

Official CD Art:

Preincarnate:

Come On Home:

inside art

Feel This:

I Want Something That I Want:

Mission Bell:

Quicksand:

Maybe:

Fireside:

B Tracks, Vol. 3:

Rule:

Before asking for the gmail account:

Before asking for the gmail account, which is an account with all the Joy songs, you have to have 50 posts on this thread. This is not to because we don't want to share songs but because we want people to show their support for Joy! She deserves it and I'm sure everyone here agress!

After you have 50 posts here, we are more than happy to give you the gmail account. You are not allowed to post the gmail account info on any official message boards, as that is how we lost our first gmail account. It is not meant that you will just download the songs and then not buy Joy's new CD once it is released, so please show your support!

Most people on this board are insane Joie fans and pretty much all have Joie's songs and are willing to share them with other Joie fans. If you want to hear Joie's songs then the best thing to do is PM one of the regular posters and ask them if they'd be willing to send you the songs. Alternatively you can post a request in this thread, but those can sometimes be missed.

~

NOTE: Show your support to Joy! Downloading her music for free is nice, but please do buy her CDs when you have the chance to!

~

NOTE 2: [from Caroline]
Let's stop pirates from gaining profit through Joy's hard work:

There are now 5 CDs with Joy music being sold on eBay and they are all burned. I really hate that people are making money on her music and I am afraid that once her CD is released, less people will buy it if people just copy it and sell it.

The point of sharing her music is not so you don't have to buy her CDs, the point is to appreciate it together and to get to enjoy it if you have no way to get rare CDs like Preincarnate and Come On Home. I think it's awful that people are making money on music that she has worked hard on and to add, it is illegal as far as I know! What sickens me is that some of the song names are not even correctly spelled!

So please, take a few minutes and write to eBay about this and if you don't want to do that then report these items as illegally copied because that is what they are!

Go to eBay and search for Bethany Joy Lenz. (LINK) You can report it (HERE.) I have asked around and I heard that it is in fact illegal and I have reported some and I know other posters have too but eBay staff obviously don't get it.

Resale of copyrighted works

Under the copyright laws, the owner of a particular copy of a copyrighted work is generally entitled to resell the particular copy they own. For example, if you purchase a copy of a DVD movie, you are allowed to resell that particular DVD. Copyright protection prevents you from copying the DVD movie and reselling the copies. If you have licensed the right to use a particular copyrighted item, you should review the license and consult with your attorney to determine whether you can resell the item.

Music is something that is in you. You can touch people with your music even if you're working a job at Starbucks or working a desk job.

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 04-13-2014, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread!
I am an original”
Old 04-13-2014, 06:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

You're welcome!

is that what you want?

Old 04-13-2014, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't wait for her new music.
I am an original”
Old 04-13-2014, 07:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

Me too... I hope that she will release it before summer..

is that what you want?

Old 04-14-2014, 05:13 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Tftnt!

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 04-14-2014, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread

Can't wait to hear new music
Old 04-14-2014, 11:08 AM
Moderator Support Team

You guys are welcome!

I'm so looking forward to new songs..

is that what you want?

Old 04-14-2014, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am too!
I am an original”
Old 04-14-2014, 04:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the new thread. I also hope that she releases it before summer.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hopefully she will.
I am an original”
Old 04-15-2014, 06:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, I think that she prob will release it like summer/fall like she did w/ other in last summer..

is that what you want?

Old 04-15-2014, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Either one would be fine with me.
I am an original”
Old 04-15-2014, 04:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, same here..

is that what you want?

Old 04-15-2014, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

It will just be nice to hear it when it does come out.
I am an original”
Closed Thread   Post New Thread