Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2014, 03:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Same! I'm getting antsy for her to get cast in something. I was so dissatisfied with Dexter and sadly, the only post-OTH acting work of hers that gave her something substantial was the CSI guest episode.

Shame about Songbyrd. I really dug the cast. I hope she's out there and auditioning for other pilots. I wish she was also auditioning for small movie roles as well--not sure if those are on her radar. And ditto on the album. Love her and her musical strengths, but she takes years and years and years to get her finished product out there. Lol.

Does anyone know how long she's going to be out of the country for these OTH conventions? Is it just a few days? A lot of people are getting cast for pilots so I hope she doesn't just take the next few months off lol. And seriously, I wonder for how many years, they're going to keep these conventions going.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

They are fairly close together so I would imagine she would just stay over. I hope Chad still goes to the first one. I would love to see some Chad/Joy interaction.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

Oh, I didn't know he was supposed to go to the first one. I didn't realize. Hopefully, there's interaction between Chad, Joy....is Tyler going? I love their friendships.

I think the first one is mid-Oct and the second one is early November...so she'll be there for a little over 2 weeks.

Did anyone catch Gotham? So far it's hard to tell how Ben McKenzie's love interest will play out or how big her role will be...the story is somewhat bland right now (between the two characters), but it seems like a role Joy would have been good in.

Who am I kidding...ANY role would be good. Can't believe Kat McPhee landed another tv show after Smash. Joy has so much talent...wasted. Ugh.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think the first one in Paris is a ton of people but they are splitting the days. I think don't quote me that the first day is Chad/Hilarie/Joy/James Torrey and Paul. The second day is Rob/Shantel, Stephen and Tyler. It'd be pretty fun to see the main 4 back together again but everyone asks like the same questions over and over. Is James still with Bono's daughter? Just wondering if she'd be around. James is reserved as it is but when she's around I feel like he gets embarrassed about the show and is a bit of a jerk.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah the questions they ask tend to be so repetitive and boring. I don't think we've seen James/Chad together since Chad left the show so it would be interesting to see them all interacting together again. And hopefully those photo-shoots will be less embarrassing because some of them from last year made me feel so much second-hand embarrassment for all involved.

I really hope Joy gets lucky this upcoming pilot season. I've really missed her on my screen and I'm so tired of seeing her playing background/wallflower characters. She deserves a quality role. I was so happy to see that she booked the lead for Songbyrd (sigh) so hopefully things work out better for her next time.

I hope she reveals what that Marilyn Monroe inspired photoshoot was about soon.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsnlights (View Post)
Who am I kidding...ANY role would be good. Can't believe Kat McPhee landed another tv show after Smash. Joy has so much talent...wasted. Ugh.
do not get my started on that lunacy. dear lord.

Joy has more talent than so many on primetime right now. She should have moved quickly into an established show right after OTH ugh.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
She should have moved quickly into an established show right after OTH ugh.
That would have been ideal but I think because of personal issues, she wasn't able to. She announced her divorce soon after they stopped filming OTH so I imagine that there were certain issues in the way for some time. She also did an interview around the time that she was promoting her Men at Work guest appearance and she did disclose that she was a bit on the fence if she was going to continue working after OTH and ultimately ended up deciding to continue.

But yes, it would have been the best if she moved on to her next job right around when OTH concluded.

I know it's hard because she's raising Maria all by herself, which is probably stressful coupled with the uncertainty of working in the business, but she really is equally as good, if not better than a lot working on primetime right now and should be out there as well. And while I appreciate that she continues to work on her music, I hope acting is at the forefront for her soon.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I wasn't faulting her. I know in my mind, had it not been for those personal issues... she would have.

And I agree. I really do love her music, but her as an actor is what I think brings her the most exposure so I really would like her to continue that. And get a guest spot somewhere at least!
Old 09-24-2014, 09:32 AM
Loyal Fan

No worries, I got what you meant. And absolutely, her work as an actor will get her the most exposure so I'd definitely prefer if she kept herself out there and booking some jobs. And there are a lot of great shows I'd love to see her guest on. Hopefully it's on the horizon in the future.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

a lot of guest spots can turn into recurring! and Joy has the capability to make audiences fall in love with her
Old 09-25-2014, 02:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ Yeah, I agree w/ you on that.. Which I don't mind to see that and sometimes they can make her series regular if the audience want to see more of her or whatever it is..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 09-25-2014, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

and who wouldn't want to see more of a character portrayed by Joy!
Old 09-26-2014, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

Everyone's getting cast in pilots! Jennifer Carpenter & Zach Gilford (hope this one finally works out for him, he deserves it!, so he can stop making just really bad, bad movies)...Abigail Spencer's boyfriend, Josh Pence...the list goes on. And there's so much news right now about up and coming pilots. Joy landed Songbyrd around this time last year...and Wes landed DC in October...I really hope her traveling time is just for the conventions and that she gets back to LA asap.

Not sure how much longer I can be a "supportive" fan if she goes through one more pilot season without landing anything.

And Joy seems to be working on her album? The last few follows on Twitter seem to indicate that...and one of them, who's a president of a music company even mentions working with Joy on new music. Not sure how I feel about that. Heh.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like joy doing music... but I'd rather her do acting.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah I miss her on my screen. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate her talent as a musician but I first became a fan because I enjoyed her work as an actress. I think she's really gifted and I think she deserves a quality show to showcase her talent. I'm hoping she does get out there for some auditions and lands something of quality.

I did check and it seems that Krista Vernoff has some things in the works. I know she likes to recycle her actors and she seems to really like Joy, so hopefully she might consider working with Joy again. Despite the outcome of Songbyrd, at least she got to know and work with Craig Zadan and Neil Meron who are always churning out musical productions. Hopefully she got to take away something from that experience.

And even though I was really disappointed with Dexter--actually all of Season 8, I do really like Michael C. Hall and I'd love to see her work with him someday again. Cassie/Dexter just didn't do it for me. I love what she had to say about him in her interviews and I would be so elated if another opportunity came by for them to work together. And the same goes for Ben McKenzie. I've always liked Ben and the Men at Work episode didn't cut it. How sad that Joy and Ben's characters were supposed to have gotten back together and we barely saw them in the same frame lol?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread