Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying aimlessly (View Post)
I think when Taylor showed up in season two, the show implied that she was the closest to Haley in age. She didn't say anything explicit but Taylor being the second youngest was definitely hinted at. I think with Quinn they just decided to make it come off as her being the closet to Haley in age without any real thought to what they had previously established. I mean the show was going to make Quinn the baby of the family until there was an uproar. Totally another sign of the continuity problems the show has and the lack of care they've truly given to the age order of the James family with regards to what they've established originally. But to me, I've always seen it as brother, Vivian, brother, Quinn, Taylor, Haley.
Yup, I always go w/ that by brother, Vivian, brother, Quinn, Taylor then Haley since Quinn wasn't living w/ them when their parents start to ready to travel when Haley jsut got married even the writers tend to rewrite the history too many time in S4 to now when they on new network (CW).. Even I don't care how many times that they have telling us on the show..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 11-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
But the reason why I think Haley and Quinn are around the same age is because of the picture from 8x16 which I guess is Mark's hint to the audience that they are the youngest of the family. Quinn looks to be a year older than Haley here.
I personally don't put much stock in the pic only because I doubt they put a lot of thought in picking the two girls, at least based on age. I mean this is the same show that casted Lydia's with all different kinds of hair colors. They probably just said they needed to girls within a certain age range. To me they could be a year apart, but they could also be two, three, four years apart.

Quote:
Yup, I always go w/ that by brother, Vivian, brother, Quinn, Taylor then Haley since Quinn wasn't living w/ them when their parents start to ready to travel when Haley jsut got married even the writers tend to rewrite the history too many time in S4 to now when they on new network (CW).. Even I don't care how many times that they have telling us on the show..
Yeah the show obviously doesn't care too much about these things.

Personally I think the way that Taylor and Haley act towards one another, and the dynamic between Haley, Quinn, and Taylor, points to the order being, Quinn, Taylor, Haley. But that's just me.
Tumblaaaa
Old 11-26-2011, 08:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ Yeah, I would do the same thing even it doesn't mean that the "pic" or the "show" was telling us that Quinn is a year older than Haley even the fact that they totally mess up w/ everyone's history.. But honestly, I always can see Taylor and Haley is close age because the way they behave to each other and getting on each other's nerve the most than anyone else that I see that myself w/ my brothers or my brothers did w/ each other..

Even I think that they didn't know that they can get sister for Haley in years later since they never thought of that even I remember that I read somewhere that they want Taylor (forget her name) become series regular, but she can't because she have other roles that she do..

But I agree w/ you about the dynamics that Quinn is more peacemaker to make sure that her sisters need to stop fighting while Taylor and Haley being bratty w/ each other since that's how every siblings being like that who is the older when it comes to peacemaker while others do crazy stuff...

is that what you want?

Old 11-26-2011, 10:27 AM
New Fan

Here the real story...

Quinn initially was going to be the youngest out of the sisters until the information got leaked online and the Haley fans caused an uproar. The thing is that info wasn't suppose to be known to the public and Mark had to do drastic changes to Quinn's character.. If there wasn't an uproar, Mark would have gone with his original plan.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

if that's even true then mark is an idiot because in S2 it was clearly said that Haley's the youngest.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
if that's even true then mark is an idiot because in S2 it was clearly said that Haley's the youngest.
Pretty much. How he thought that was going to fly is beyond me. Not exactly surprising though that the idea was passed around.

credit:cassidyss
Tumblaaaa
Old 11-27-2011, 09:24 AM
Moderator Support Team

I never get that impression from Mark and co. that he wants her to be youngest because I was watching clips from YT in season 6 that Haley mention Quinn about her married whatever it is to Lucas that way he can get license on internet last night and it was def hint that they plan to bring her in next season even we don't know who will cast that actress even I get this impressed that Mark probably take some layers since I remember that I read the scripts that she supposed to be free-spirited, struggle w/ her marriage, totally lay back, etc which that's not Quinn at all in season 7, so they took those layers out of the characters, so they can switch it around for Shantel's character since she's young that she probably can't pull it off.. Shrug.. But was the reporters in several news that say she's going to play Haley's youngest sister?? Because I remember that lot of fans, but not Haley fans was uproar about it...

So I don't think that was the original plan to make her youngest sister, but there was def original Quinn character, but they change completely on Quinn character..

is that what you want?

Old 11-27-2011, 09:59 AM
New Fan

Quinn was suppose to be the youngest of the family until Mark was force to change some things because of the uproar caused by the fans. Just going by his early drafts, Mark should have just went with what he wanted.

Last edited by othwilmington; 11-27-2011 at 10:13 AM
Old 11-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

Okay even I don't believe you, but you don't need to repeat it until any of us agree w/ you on that.. So I stand on what I say when I was there during that time.. Shrug..

is that what you want?

Old 11-27-2011, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by othwilmington (View Post)
Quinn was suppose to be the youngest of the family until Mark was force to change some things because of the uproar caused by the fans. Just going by his early drafts, Mark should have just went with what he wanted.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

Anyway, I'm just sad we never got to see the James brothers
Old 11-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Anyway, I'm just sad we never got to see the James brothers
Sadness
Tumblaaaa
Old 11-29-2011, 02:11 AM
Elite Fan

Caroline.

Actually I remember that...we were all here when it happened, you guys forgot?

It came out in an article or some entertainment journalist that Quinn was the youngest, and the fans were upset (Haley fans, lol) and then someone from teh show said it wasn't true, Haley stays the oldest. I think Mark considered it but it was never reflected in the script. At the time we were getting spoilers that said Quinn's age wasn't really being referred to and then later on Quinn started saying things like "my younger sister". My memory is really fuzzy on the details but it was definitely talked about on here...anyone else recall?

basically it's not new info (not sure if it's 100% correct but it’s based on things that were discussed) which brings me to...and no offence othwilmington but alot of your so called "scoops" are based on things that have been revealed/discussed both on here and on othforums. Now you haven't said that you have insider info bu the way you post is like, you know all this stuff because you do vs because you had read about it on this or other boards. I've been on othforums and alot of it is from there. I'm not just talking about the latest one with who was meant to be the yonugest. But even that again was talked about before, so nothing new there.

Last edited by diamond gothic; 11-29-2011 at 02:19 AM
Old 11-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

yep I remember the whole debacle about Quinn being the youngest, hence the ani lol. it was sarcasm because othwimington was not only repeating herself, but acting like it was some sort of news flash that had never been revealed before.

what I was doubting was that it affected the character though, the way Quinn is written had nothing to do with her being younger than Haley, it has to do with the writing staff's lack of ability to write a likeable and/or developed character in the latter seasons.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

^ Oh ok I get it now Now that ani is even more funny.