Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Master Fan

Haley in "You Can't Always Get What You Want"

You Can't Always Get What You Want
60 minutes, WGN

Brooke's (Sophia Bush) smug new neighbor (guest star Michael Copon) quickly makes his presence felt among the Tree Hill gang, and even comes to Brooke's rescue when she is arrested for shoplifting. Nathan (James Lafferty) and Haley (Bethany Joy Lenz) have their first post-wedding argument when he buys her a gift rather than a much-needed car. Lucas' (Chad Michael Murray) attempt to help Dan (Paul Johansson) with rehab ends in disaster when Dan reverts to his old ways. Peyton (Hilarie Burton) tries to organize an all-ages club and is tempted to try cocaine to seal the deal.
~Maz~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 12:53 AM
Master Fan

I can't wait to see Nathan and Haley's first arguement! ..and hopefully, the makeup after....

And I think I'm really gonna enjoy Felix and Brooke together..which is new for me cause I've never shipped Brooke with anyone...
Old 10-12-2004, 01:35 AM
Absolute Fan

Does anyone know what song the title is from?

I'm looking foward to their first argument too. And the making up too of course.

I hope Lucas and Nathan unite against the Power Ranger.

Wheeeee, almost Tuesday!
Old 10-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think this might be an interesting epsiode. Introducing the new guy, I can imagine all the 'old' guys becoming a little macho and jealous

I think it's Rolling Stones but totally not sure

heart packed in ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think this might be an interesting epsiode. Introducing the new guy, I can imagine all the 'old' guys becoming a little macho and jealous
ITA and can't wait to see that.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Not a whole lot of Haley in this ep, but I enjoyed what we got. Joie rocks!!! I always love the NH scenes. And the scene with her and the girls was cute.

I wanted a LH scene. I miss their friendship. I think we should at least see them at school together or working/hanging out at the cafe.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that little turn she did when leaving the kitchen. And love that blouse she had one too.

Old 10-13-2004, 08:21 PM
Master Fan

Doreen. ITA. I miss the LH friendship too! I wish there was more of them!

Does anyone think the singing thing came out of nowhere again? I mean i thought it was random last season but she just kinda mentioned that she liked to sing or something and then she did for Nathan. Then it is completely forgotten. And then suddenly Haley is singing in the kitchen and writing songs. Since when?
Old 10-13-2004, 08:56 PM
Absolute Fan

Heh, did Haley forget to drink her OJ?

I think we're supposed to think that the singing has been going on off-screen. I think they're gradually introducing it to us again. She's a teenager and so she' exploring her talents. Besides, she had other stuff to do last season.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:51 PM
Master Fan

I liked the episode but I was expecting something more with the jealous Nathan...maybe a little but more jealousy..lol. The fight...if you can call it that...I wanted something more. Last a little longer, end with Nathan grabbing Haley and kissing her passionately...I've been spoiled by fan fiction..

The first NH scene of Haley singing...I loved that....and how Nathan was like, "are you writing a song or planning to kill me"...LOL. Haley's little twirl was SO cute!..

The gift, *sigh*..Nathan is the sweetest guy EVER. And Haley's reaction..that was great...Joie can capture every emotion..

I loved how Haley flashed Felix her ring when he started flirting with her...with the attitude...LOL..too funny!

I now think Felix is awesome cause he has such great taste....since he thinks Haley is the hottest girl in school...

I'm so excited to hear Joie sing more on the show but I"m really, really hoping that it's done in a realistic way and not a hoaky one.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by SweetSymphony
end with Nathan grabbing Haley and kissing her passionately...I've been spoiled by fan fiction..
Ditto to that!

I really liked Haley in this ep once again I loved how she went shopping with Brooke and Peyton and Brooke called her Hales. Aww...I'm so happy to see them develop the friendship between all three of them this season!

I loved the singing! Joie has such an amazing voice and I'd love to hear her sing more on the show. I wouldn't mind some more Sarah McLachlan songs like 'Possession!'

Nathan and Haley - What can I say? I love thse two more and more! The Felix thing was hilarious with Haley saying:"Dude, I'm totally married" and Nathan saying: "A little close, aren't you?" and then Haley gave this kind of smirk/smile and grabbed Nathan and the hottest couple walked away in all their hotness to find an empty janitors closet.

Was Haley adorable or what with the keyboard thing when she said she really wanted to keep it and the cute hug. Aww!! Go Joie and Haley!

Old 10-14-2004, 05:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal CandyGirl
I loved how she went shopping with Brooke and Peyton and Brooke called her Hales. Aww...I'm so happy to see them develop the friendship between all three of them this season!
Oh yes!..I loved this too..they all seem to be getting close..and you can never have too many friends. ..
Old 10-15-2004, 02:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Maz~

Does anyone think the singing thing came out of nowhere again? I mean i thought it was random last season but she just kinda mentioned that she liked to sing or something and then she did for Nathan. Then it is completely forgotten. And then suddenly Haley is singing in the kitchen and writing songs. Since when?
Yes! Exactly how I feel about the singing thing. Last season it just seemed like a secret hobby or something, and suddenly, out of nowhere, her music is going to "take [her] places"??? Mostly I just don't want to see the whole Roswell storyline played again, but these WB shows really need to learn how to separate reality from the show. I love Joie's singing/music/etc, but she's not Haley. I mean, we all know Victor Garber can sing and dance and do musicals, but does he ever just break into song and dance on Alias? No. Granted, it would be the funniest thing if it happened, but well, it makes no sense. Basically, I think this is a cheap way to give Haley her own storyline, but I guess if it's all we're going to get, I might as well enjoy it.

On a shallow note, somebody over at the OTH board (can't remember who) also said that they don't like Haley's hair this season, and I can't agree more. It's almost painful for me to look at, to be honest. It just looked a lot more natural last season, like in CCIPC or LIAGH.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
22 Umbrellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

Susan I agree. I wish the WB wouldnt just make every actress who can sing in real life (like Majandra) into a singer on the show. I dont think the singing thing works for Haley. Her character was just not suited to the storyline.

As for her hair. Im not a big fan of the bangs. She looks really nice sometimes but i think i prefered season 1.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's why I am afraid what is going to happen to Haley now that the music is brought into the show. I am glad Joie gets to show her talent, because she really has it, but what happened to Majandra's character Maria, which is my fave character on Roswell, I'm afraid the same thing is goign to happen to Haley. I truly hope not though.

I like the hair. I don't know if I like s1 or s2 more but both are beautiful!

Reply   Post New Thread