Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2004, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Haley in "Truth, Bitter Truth"

Truth, Bitter Truth

REALITY BITES — Brooke (Sophia Bush), Peyton (Hilarie Burton), Haley (Bethany Joy Lenz) and Anna (Daniella Alonso) have a slumber party at Haley's apartment where secrets and lies are revealed. Meanwhile, when Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) and Nathan (James Lafferty) go on a road trip to a Bobcats game, Nathan reveals he is being tested for the genetic defect that caused Dan's (Paul Johansson) heart attack and suggests Lucas do the same. After an awkward encounter with Keith (Craig Sheffer) and Jules (guest star Maria Menounos), Karen (Moira Kelly) and Andy (guest star Kieren Huchison) share an intimate night together. Barbara Alyn Woods and Barry Corbin also star. Billy Dickson directed the episode written by Stacy Rukeyser.
~Maz~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 10:40 PM
Master Fan

I can't wait to see the slumber party and find out their secrets! ..Hope it's not something lame.

I reallllly wanna know why Haley lied to Nathan and what she lied about.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:46 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm pretty sure that she lies about meeting with Chris, but I really want to know the why, and it better be good. It seems like lying of sorts is going to be the wrench that gets thrown in the NH relationship, and Nathan had a pretty selfless reason for his lie. It was still wrong, but it was also sweet. Lying is wrong and all that, but I hope that Haley's lie is a balance to Nathan's because I really don't want to see her become the bad guy in this whole scenerio.

On another note, how adorable does she look in this picture? I'm completely looking forward to the little spat that goes down between the girls.

~annie~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 05:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SweetSymphony
I can't wait to see the slumber party and find out their secrets! ..Hope it's not something lame.
How can it be lame when there are hot girls having pillow fights in their pajamas? It's been my fantasy for as long as I can remember.

I agree with Annie. I really hope the writers don't destroy Haley just so that we can feel sorry for Nathan. I really do believe that she'll have a good reason for her lie. (If not, it would be totally out of her character.) She's not a selfish person, and she's always been considerate of other's feelings. I hope she lies to protect Nathan, (even if in the end, it ends up hurting him.) As must as I would hate to see Nathan sad, it would literally make me ill to watch the writers turn Haley into some self-centered, taking her husband for granted "witch," just to create angst and drama.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

^^ So, I watched tonight's episode. Yeah...I'll just shut up now.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:18 AM
Absolute Fan

I thought she would have a better reason for her lie. Sigh, I guess we can't like her all the time. But I'll always love Haley the most out of the girls.

But great acting by Joie, as always. And she looked so adorable in her pj's.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:35 AM
Passionate Fan

While I really don't like what this seems like it's going to do to Haley's character, this was posted by [b[thayat[/b] over on the regular Romantics thread and I thought it was kind of an interesting idea on maybe why she feels the need to lie to Nathan.

Quote:
About Haley's lie, maybe it's just me, but I actually see where she's coming from. At the beginning, her singing was a pretty private detail about herself. She shares it with Nathan, who, for better or for worse, shares it with Peyton, who pressures her into sharing it with everyone. It seems to me that even though Haley now realizes that she wants to pursue music, she's mostly been reluctantly swept along at a pace that everyone else has set for her. So maybe not telling Nathan about the recording session is her subconscious way of regaining control over that pace, to work on it without the pressure of his expectations. I thought it was telling in the end, when Nathan asked her what she was listening to, that she replied (paraphrasing) "Something that I was working on; It's not ready yet." Maybe she just wants to work on it without feeling obligated to share it before she's ready.

Do I think it was a good idea for her to lie about it? No. But I do think it was a split-second bad decision she made, and Haley's about overdue for a mistake. The girl has practically been a saint for as long as we've known her. Do I think she was selfish for keeping the session from Nathan when he's been nothing but encouraging and self-sacrificing? Maybe just a little. But we have to keep in mind that she doesn't really know how much he's sacrificed.
If that is the case, it needs to be developed better, because right now, she's done a complete 180 from last week when she was about to back down, and she's lying to the one person who's the reason she's there in the first place. Her character is already starting to deal with being pegged as the bad-ish one, and I hope next week lessens that a bit, though it doesn't look like it will.

Fingers crossed!
~annie~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

dare, ITA....I thought the lie could have been better but she looked cute in her PJ's.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:19 PM
Extreme Fan

I am shocked! Haley lies, and Nathan actually has lines?!?

This I was not expecting... : )

Nah, I actually haven't seen it yet, but I did see the promo for next week and that looks interesting at least if interesting is classified as Anna throwing herself at Lucas, and Brooke and Felix having a spat on 'him not being Lucas.'

But seriously I just don't see Haley cheating on Nathan. Schwahn's been trying so hard to prove that they didn't get married for sex, and they really love each other, and this marriage isn't a way to break them up. It's just angst. It sucks, but I don't think they'll break up over this. Chris is such a NON issue.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

I enjoyed yesterdays episode.

Haley's scenes with Nathan were very cute..the stupid lies between them need to come out and as soon as possible.

I agree, Amanda. I don't see anything with Chris and Haley..I see no cheating/relationship or anything like that coming from them. When Brooke or Peyton asked Haley if she had feelings for Chris, her answer wasn't rushed or anything. She said the truth. She said she didn't and I honestly don't think she does or ever will. I enjoyed their singing together though. I liked that song, it was very nice.

And I don't feel any Haley hate/dislike at all. Still love her and Nathan. Expect the lies. Bad bad lies.

Haley scenes with Brooke was awesome. The girls fighting....the comments were hilarious!

I'm really excited for next week!
Old 11-10-2004, 09:32 PM
Absolute Fan

Annie, thanks for bringing that post over. Interesting.

Haley quote of the week: What are you gonna do, snort her?
Old 11-10-2004, 10:05 PM
Master Fan

Well, I actually really really liked todays ep, cosidering how much the shows been sucking for me lately. I think i love it when the girls and guys are separate from each other.

Haley was cute. Loved her and brooke hanging out. Then the recording...Joie's voice just rocks, i love hearing new stuff from her. And i liked her session with Chris. The lie didnt bug me because well i hate NH and dont care if she lies to him. And i kinda got her explanation for doing it. I was kinda mad she walked right past luke and didnt say bye to him!

The whole slumber party was great....and it was Haley's first. aww. I loved all the shouting and secrets and styff. and then the heart to hearts and making up. really cute. i love the girls bonding together.

plus ofcourse i loved the boys hanging out too.

good episode for me.
~Maz~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 11:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love Haley and Brooke! All the girls scenes too!

I like the NH scenes and the angst that is coming is exciting. It didn't bug me that Haley ignored Lucas because I don't care about them (i don't HATE them) just don't care. I'd like more friendship scenes with HL and esp. NLH!

I love the recording scene, when she first started singing I was thinking she could sinng way better than that...but then she started singing like herself when she was singing with Chris...I realized that was Joie portraying Haley's timidness. Anyhow--Joie really needs to do an album.

I think this is the first time since the first three episodes where I'm excited about the next episode! Gah the dannnce! Joie looked soooo preeeettttty in her yellow dress! Angst, whoo!
Old 11-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Loyal Fan

I like Haley in this episode. I feel that we're getting bit by bit her personality. She's such a private person who's apparently very comfortable by herself, I mean her first instint was for to spend some time alone in her apartment and she's clearly supportive of N/L bonding.

Mark and Co. are continuously showing her practical side (exchanging used CD for money) and the fact that unlike some people she's a good friend. She's also the responsible of the bunch, by telling Karen about Ricky and that feels guilty for lying.

I think the reason we're not "feeling" this music s/l it's b/c Mark didn't spend nearly enought time on her character as he did others. I'm hoping for more screen time b/c damn it, it's about time! As you can see she's clearly one of my favorites. I can't wait for next week and I haven't said that after IWD. So that's a surprise.
FKATF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 01:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

I actually loved this episode for once, and as an added bonus, I loved Haley as well. I also felt like they did a much better job of showing her personality in this ep; it definitely showed throught her interaction with Brooke, Peyton, Nathan, Chris, etc. And moment she started singing "When the Stars Go Blue," I had to smile. I adore that song.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
22 Umbrellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread