Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2004, 01:54 AM
Master Fan

ahaaa..the first thing I noticed of the promo pics were the hands!..I was like..awww..they wanna hold it but trying not to..heehee..

And Doreen, the first thing I thought when I read was 'OMGosh!..another Peach Pit Afterdark' LOL!..

And yeah, when did Peyton sing?..Isn't she an artist or something? I think Felix is for Brooke or something..cause it said.. NATHAN AND HALEY WON'T BE SPLITTING UP ANYTIME SOON! YAY!..
Old 09-12-2004, 02:00 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by veracity
Dare, don't scare me w/ the Peach Pit Afterdark reference. I just got chills from remembering.
I'm sorry. I just had a mental image of Nathan/James trying to dance in a club. I can't stop laughing now.

I can't wait for the flashbacks. Ooo, so her parents were involved. That means the marriage legal, right? Yay!
Old 09-12-2004, 02:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SweetSymphony
ahaaa..the first thing I noticed of the promo pics were the hands!..I was like..awww..they wanna hold it but trying not to..heehee..
Yeah my JLs-dar went for the hands!

Susan that song came on today and I had a NH moment listening to it! Awsome how you put it in your art, it's like on my list of lyrics to use! It's such a NH song! I love the boxy effect, with the arrows and such. And of course you used THE picture!
Old 09-12-2004, 02:15 AM
Absolute Fan

Susan, that art is beautiful! *searches for "On the way down"*
Old 09-12-2004, 03:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

omg omg omg....ive been off the board for less than 24hrs and i now have noooo clue as to whats going on?! someone please fill me in
Old 09-12-2004, 03:55 AM
Total Fan

EEE! I love hte tvguide thing. I can wait to get a copy of it.

A couple of observations...

1.) So they are juniors, aye? Well good, because they are only one year away from the being seniors and a LOT of young lovers get married right after they graduate high school. So people can just stop their bitchin cuz N/H aren't that out of the norm.

2.) Can I just say that I Mark? Yeah, because I do. I'm digging that they won't be splitting up anytime soon. Not just because I'm a shipper (although, the shipper in me LOVES this fact) but because the show moved too fast last year. Way too fast. And having this marraige end even as far as 2/3 into this season would be too fast a turnaround. They couldn't possibly explore the multitude of material that is built into this story in anything less than probably two whole seasons...and that is cutting it close. But you know, there is not a doubt in my mind that Mark will have N/H in the end...he loves them too much. And I love him for it.

3.) "Flashbacks will reveal what prompted the sudden ceremony--including the pivotal role played by Haley's parents."

See I didn't get the impression that anything prompted the marriage, just that it was something that Nate wanted to do and Haley went along.
I really hope that they don't drop the sex bomb as the reason they are getting married. I'll be super pissed, because even though I know that even if it's mentioned as a motivation that it won't be the true reason they got married, a lot of the people against N/H will use it as amo in their slur campaigns. I shudder at the thought.

But anyway, rewind...flashbacks with a specific purpose? I knew they were coming from the promos but for some reason, I'm all of a sudden really excited about them. I think it's because I felt like this arc was mostly plot driven in the finale because obviously they weren't trying to reveal too much during the episode because they wanted the big shock value at the end. So we didn't see the motivation and thought behind their actions, just that it happened. I'm glad that they are going back and putting some thought into it. It'll make it more real for me.

4.) Tree Hill's trio of babes will be more than just "appendages to the guys' lives"

That's good to know. Because honestly (and Linda and I have talked about this a lot) Haley needs a life seperate from who she is to Nathan and Lucas. She was never the primary focus of any of the stories that she was in last season. And given that Joie is by FAR the best actress on this show, that's almost a tragedy.

And in genral I'm glad that they are obviously putting more focus on the girls in both the press and the show. I think it's the girls who set this show apart from other teen dramas. They are all so distinctive and unique.

5.) Peyton is a singer....er, puhleeeeeeeze don't go there. It'll kill a little part of me if Hilarie sings on the show and Joie does not. As much as I dig Hil, I've loved Joie and her voice for forever.

6.) "I never wanted to play the damsel in distress. I signed on to play the [jerk]>"

She SO said "bitch" and they edited it, LOL. The Peyton haters are going to have a field day with that quote. Poor Hil.

7.) Deb and Karen open a nightclub? Are they trying to keep the comparisons to The OC alive and well? Because the opening of a new, hip teen night spot is the big story on that show as well. :rollseyes:

And besides, Deb is not supposed to open a nightclub, she's supposed to be throwing herself off a cliff.

8.) Mark obviously thinks a little too much of his casting, because
a.) Danielle Alonso sucks my butt. I'm sooooooooooooooooo, did I mention soooooooooooooooo glad that her "Anna" will be primarily in a story with Lucas? Because that way I can fast-forward them both together. And she and James wuld have zero chemistry because she is too much of an over actress. No subtlety what. so. ever.

b.) "Of course he's drastically handsome..."
Ummm, dude, Mark, he's the blue Power Ranger. And if handsomeness is Felix's niche then you'd have to go pretty damn high to beat the hotness of James Lafferty's Nathan and I just don't see that happening.

Anyway, onto the picture....

1.) How much do I love that Joie is in the driving seat? I adore it! And she's at the forefront of the picture too...looking gorgeous as always.

2.)
HANDS!!!

Not just that, but if you look at the picture you'll see that her arm is resting against his leg and his other hand. I'm not pointing this out for the JLs shipperness of it but because it signals a greater comfort level between Joie and James, which means good stuff on-screen for us N/h fans.

Last edited by ~DropsofJupiter~; 09-12-2004 at 04:04 AM
Old 09-12-2004, 04:08 AM
Addicted Fan

Spreading this to the N/H threads that are still running

Old 09-12-2004, 04:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Mal - Once again your observations are amazing. I just love reading what you have to say, not to mention I agree with alot of it.

Angiee - Lovely art.

Yeah Jizzle~ Chad to James on a scene well done

I wrote this song about a girl I didn't like, I still don't like her- Gavin DeGraw- 3/8/05
Old 09-12-2004, 04:31 AM
Loyal Fan

I loved that picture, see how great it is when the whole cast gets involve in promoting the show.

Mal As usual great analysis. I'm so glad that the character of Anna is going to be involved with Lucas (Thank you Mark) although another love interest? This Felix character better stay far and away from Haley, b/c Nathan will unleash his inner Badass (remember episode 1 & 2?).

And yeah, Mark is a fan of N/H and he's not splitting them soon. Mark rocks! *my shipper heart is so happy*

I'm glad that TV Guide got it right...N/H marriage was THE clifthanger of the season.

As to what prompted the sudden ceremony I'm thinking Mark is going to take the opportunity and show that the marriage was not based on sex...

I'm not sure how I feel about the nightclub. Like veracity it reminded me of 90210 *shudders* but if this adds more storylines for the girls I'm okay with it.

I'm very excited about meeting Haley's parents and see what they think of Nathan.

Hands Thank God, I thought I was the only one who noticed how close they were to each other.

Rain Candy you should be happy with the fan art it's great.

Angiee I simply love the colors that you used. Very beautiful.

Last edited by FKATF; 09-12-2004 at 05:24 AM
Old 09-12-2004, 05:19 AM
Extreme Fan

How could I forget to mention how much I love the closeness of the hands. The little things that make me smile. I'm definately digging the new level comfort this year.

Yeah Jizzle~ Chad to James on a scene well done

I wrote this song about a girl I didn't like, I still don't like her- Gavin DeGraw- 3/8/05
Old 09-12-2004, 05:24 AM
Total Fan

I know, I adore the hands...

Ang- I adore the new art too!!

Okay, so I'll start the new thread.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:29 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

So this is where everyone has been hanging out?

Mal~ As ususal, you took the words right out of my mouth. And yes...loving the hands!