Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always felt that too with Peyton and Haley. Obviously Peyton always was rooting for Haley to make music, pretty much in every season, but I guess in her own way she tried to push her in a "friendly" way while Miranda is doing her job aka she is REALLY pushing Haley to do it and won't take no for an answer. It's always hard when you work with a friend and to still keep it both friendly but also about work so I think this is really refreshing and could help Haley in the long run with music and music writing, getting her album done.

Agreed about the interview plus it's stuff that Haley probably has to get used to in the long run when she comes out with an album and to have Miranda there to remind and push her will do good IMO. So maybe it's all in Haley's best interest that Miranda isn't outright nice and in stead pushy.

I love India too! I am actually really pleased that they cast her!

Old 10-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

Of course, I'll get you guys added right now. Sorry I'm moving so slow, this cold is kicking my... LOL.

And, amazing discussion in here, guys. I agree with so much of it.

I think the show has been really smart the way they've introduced Miranda, and the Haley and Miranda dynamic. They've given it tons of layers right off the bat. I think that's always awesome, because it allows them to go in so many directions, ya know?

Miranda's primary focus and job is to make sure that Haley puts out an album. And, I like that someone is there to push Haley on this, support Haley on this, work with Haley on this. That's always been one of my large complaints about the music story, is that we've heard people talk about it, but the action has been... Not there. NO. Miranda is there to make it happen. All other things be damned. Haley needs someone like that.

But, what makes the dynamic even more awesome, is that while Miranda is the person who is supposed to be linked to Haley pretty solely through business, they've started to set it up in a way where... These two could totally build to something more. And, the chemistry is totally there for these two to become friends. Maybe even great friends.

Their banter is hilar. Their wit and snark wins. And, I like that Miranda isn't an ice queen. She showed that when "protecting" Haley.

There's just so much possibility with these two and their dynamic, and the RBR story in general.

You know what I kind of wonder? Do you guys think we're headed for more conflict for this story? I don't know, I'm always looking for the bumps in the road. Crazy, I know. LMFAO.

But, something where... Maybe it would be too cliche, but Haley said that the RBR thing was a temporary fix, and that keeps sticking in my head.

I keep sort of wondering, especially after seeing Miranda continue to display that other side with Haley... if it's not possible that over the course of time, Haley and Miranda might become friends, and then maybe the big label still tries to screw Haley out of RBR or does something else shady, and it puts Miranda in a bad position? I don't know. I keep going back to them saying the label was soulless. But, evs. Crazy talk.

I love what we've seen so far. And, I love the role that Miranda represents and plays for Haley, currently. Hales needed this person to motivate and keep her in line. Sometimes it's easier to slack or delay things, when everyone you work with is part of your close inner circle, and thus, won't stay on you the same way.

- Bethany Joy
Old 10-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

I am loving Miranda/Haley. Way more than I ever expected too. I just love their dynamic and the RBR storyline. Never in a million yrs did I think I would feel this way. In a way the snark they have is something I wish we had gotten more of with Haley/Quinn. But oh well, I'm happy for Miranda/Haley.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Their banter is hilar. Their wit and snark wins.
Seriously, they both are snarky and fierce. I can see some hilar scenes between these two in the future with how their personalities are.

Quote:
I keep sort of wondering, especially after seeing Miranda continue to display that other side with Haley... if it's not possible that over the course of time, Haley and Miranda might become friends,
I'm wondering that too. Right now I'm content with how they are, because I think Haley does need someone to push her music. But I think these two could make great friends too. I'm kind of torn. But yeah, right now I'm loving how it is. I guess I'll have to see where they storyline goes.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
... that over the course of time, Haley and Miranda might become friends
I can easily see them being friends. I just don`t want it to be a forced friendship just because they`re working together. Miranda seems to have her guard up for some reason and I have a feeling the show will divulge why. She seems to want to put on the act that she`s tough all the time. The fact that she defended Haley clearly proves that she has feelings and compassion for others. I just think she wants it all to be business but I`d like to see them be friends.
a meaningful, sane existence
Old 10-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

I would love to see them become friends...but not anytime soon LOL. Right now I like their dynamic just the way it is. Just realised they have similiar hair colour LOL.

Old 10-10-2009, 02:49 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm loving all the in-depth conversations in here .

I don't know how much I want them to be FRIENDS. I think that if ever they do, it shouldn't be your typical friendship... like if Miranda keeps having a hard front... that seems more like the type of relationship these two would have

I'm interested to know what Miranda's back story is. She's obviously bitter about something family-wise... as she said in the premiere how they "lost Peyton to one of those... family, you know, kids". I think that something went wrong in her childhood or something
Old 10-10-2009, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually really love what they have built up between them so far. Miranda is a hard ass of sorts and keeps pushing Haley, but in the end, she has her best interest in mind and she probably knows very well how the business works. When Haley mentioned the soulless thing, Miranda definitely knew what she was talking about and maybe she sees something else in Haley, the potential and the fact that Haley wants to make music that matters, she wants RBR to matter.

I am sure there will be further conflict no doubt, however, I think Haley saw a different side or Miranda, even if Miranda reverts back to her 'old self'. Still, I think she is pushing Haley for a reason and she knows there is a lot of potential and promise in her music. I really think they can learn a lot from each other though and Haley will probably get a lot of help from Miranda business wise as I am sure Miranda knows how it all works and how people try to use you etc.

So while they might not be 'friends', I still think there is a lot of promise there where they can help each other out and share knowledge.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

Thought I'd post this here too since the interview talks about RBR a lot. India de Beaufort did an interview with the OTH Connection podcast, she mentioned Joy a couple times so I thought I'd post what she said:

Quote:
The majority of my scenes so far have been with Joy, and she's been an angel - she's been kind and welcoming.
Quote:
Kate and Joy have this great chemistry between them which is based on being so sweet and kind, and I've enjoyed coming in and adding a bit of mayhem to that.
You can listen to the whole thing here, but those are the only times Joy is mentioned if you don't want to listen to the whole thing. If you do listen, there is more about RBR that doesn't really involve Joy.

*Stephanie
Old 10-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awww she talked kindly about Joy!

Thanks for the link Steph, I`m going to hear it!
a meaningful, sane existence
Old 10-15-2009, 02:53 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Steph! Great interview.

I liked how we saw Miranda in this ep, kind of like to remind us that Haley still has her album to record, Miranda hasn't forgotten and they are telling us the audience that neither has the show. Good. I want to see Haley release her album, I want to see her perform (preferably with Nathan/Jamie cheering her on). She deserves it. She hasn't had a hit in 5 yrs! LMAO. Well according to this guy Renee is her biggest hit, LOL

Old 10-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Elite Fan

Well now that I'm thinking about it, 5 years ago would have been when Haley was in college, LOL. So she had a hit single then? Really? Five seasons ago was season 2, when WTSGB came out. I think they messed up the timeline again. Oh OTH.

Thanks for bringing that over, Steph! I love when people say such kind things about Joy. I'm glad India likes working with her! That just makes their scenes even better.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Elite Fan

Steph- Thanks so much for bringing those excerpts over for us. Super appreciated.

Such kind words about Joy from India. That's great to hear, and I'm sure it's great for their on screen chemistry, too.

I'm so glad that India/Miranda will be recurring this season. The bitchy/fun/comical dynamic that these characters are building is made of awesome.

LOL at the time line. Oh, OTH.

And, right? See, and that right there is part of why I love that Miranda is here. Miranda was looking for Haley in the episode, because Haley has an album to do, and while Haley is currently and understandably stressed and troubled at the moment, Miranda's not going to let Haley put this album off, she's just not. She's going to stay on Haley about this, at least I hope, it kind of seems it, given she was on the hunt for her. GOOD. I love that Haley's career and passion really is getting the focus and attention this season that it is.

Oh, and LOLs at Haley(and Nathan) being such big celebs that they make the entertainment news shows. At least our girl looked fierce and fab. Hee.

- Bethany Joy
Old 10-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the fact that Miranda is there to put Haley's mind on her music too, pushing her in that direction. It can be easy to get distracted by problems going on in your life, especially with the situation the Scotts are in, so I definitely think Haley needs someone to steer her into music and Miranda is just the right person to do that for her.

I was thinking that too, K! Especially when I go back and watch S1 and think oh boy, just look where we are today!

Old 10-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDflyer (View Post)
Oh, and LOLs at Haley(and Nathan) being such big celebs that they make the entertainment news shows. At least our girl looked fierce and fab. Hee.
That cracked me up, when I saw her watching herself on the internet all I could think was "How is she even famous enough to be all over like that?" I did like the line they used though, the "hit" was a great pun.

I'm with you guys on the loving having Miranda there to push her. It's great knowing the story isn't going to be forgotten just because Haley is dealing with other things. Without Miranda, I don't think Haley would be focusing on her music as much as she is and it definitely would be pushed under the rug and not heard about for the rest of the season, if even then. And with her witty lines, the comedy adds to the love for the character and she's a great addition for the show.

*Stephanie
Closed Thread   Post New Thread