Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2004, 02:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've been lurking around this thread for a bit, and I'm agreeing with most of your input....especially with Naley. God, what's happened to them! I was a devoted N/H'er last season b/c they had spark, originality, passion......but this season it seems that the storyline involving their relationship has gone absolutely bland and forced.

And don't get me started on L/B.......

But with Peyton, I kinda understand where's she's coming from and why she's acting the way she is. She's just really lonely right now, everything is building up and she doesn't know how to handle it all. Her father's absent b/c he's always away at work. Her best friend is busy with Felix. Lucas hasn't been a friend lately. Haley's dealing with her music career and Nathan. Anna bails on her when she needs backup. She misses her mom. And Jake has gone mia in the last few months it seems...not returning her emails or calls or anything at all. I mean, she feels terribly alone. She's got all these people around her, but yet she's still by herself. Oh and not to mention, the rumor about her being a lesbian. Everything is crashing down in her world, and she just needs a friendly shoulder to cry on.......that's why she wants so badly for Jake to come back. I don't think she's depending on him for her sanity....she just needs have someone in her corner.
WildFire070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I don't think she's depending on him for her sanity....she just needs have someone in her corner.
I totally understand that Peyton's lonely and she needs someone in her corner. I just think that someone being Jake seems a little contrived. Luke would've made more sense. Didn't she say once that he got her just by looking at her? But when he did come to her, she pushed him away because he hasn't been a friend to her. And that's understandable. But I could say the same for Jake. He hasn't been there for her, either. So why is she so desperate to have him in her corner?
Old 12-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Maz~
Thats funny. Thats EXACTLY how I feel aboiut NH. *runs away quickly*
Today sucks, it's raining like a mother, I'm soaked, I woke up late for class and I need a shower, but that totally just made me laugh. So thanks for that.

I don't blame anyone for making fun of them either Anne, all they are anymore is just potential. They have the potential to be great, and to be hot, and to actually have a good story. But it's not going to happen, they just don't get the airtime or the meaty scenes for it to happen. They're still my favorite and I do love them but it's really disheartening to know that we're just not going to get what we want.

Quote:
Originally posted by Idlewild
The whole episode yesterday felt fake. Everything seemed so forced, and nothing felt natural. And I'm not even talking about N/H. L/B and J/P true love storylines...where are these coming from? I know Jake and Peyton have gotten close in the last season, but in no way did Peyton ever depend on him for her sanity. Peyton's rxn to Jake and Jenny's absence seemed way too overboard. L/B...I already said as much as I could. I never thought Lucas had any residual feeling for Brooke. Did he even have "love-like" feeling for her in the first place? I never really saw this deep connection yesterday's episode seem to rely on between L/B and J/P. But oh well...
'But oh well' sums everything up pretty well. This is the land where continuity doesn't exist, OH WELL. I never saw a deep connection between either of those couples, but oh well. I really had high hopes for this episode, but oh well. Peyton and Jake were friends, and Luke used Brooke but who cares? It doesn't matter what happened last season when they just go around changing the history. I feel like next episode we'll discover that Nathan has always been in love with Brooke and Jake came back to be with Haley. It doesn't make sense, but nothing does on this show anymore.

That's all for now, I get to go eat lunch finally.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:16 PM
Loyal Fan

I feel like the entire season 1 was a dream...I'm so pis*d at the writers.

Last edited by FKATF; 12-01-2004 at 05:37 PM
FKATF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was thinking the same thing too. Why would she want Jake more and yet push Lucas away? But I guess she really had bonded more with Jake through the time they spent together. With Lucas it was always complicated.....one minute they were together, the next she was pushing him away, then he moves on to Brooke, and then it's back to Peyton again.......and then he's with a random chick, which really hurt Peyton as well as Brooke. I think that with Lucas, it's just wavering and full of uncertainties whereas with Jake, she's got more stability. Plus he's got Jenny who Peyton adores, and she can feel that she's got somebody who needs/wants her attention and care.

I dunno...I could just be grabbing at straws here. But I do like the idea of Jake back on OTH. I always liked him on the first season. And even though I was an avid Naley supporter, I was kind of hoping there'd be a little Jake and Haley interaction.

Quote:
Peyton and Jake were friends, and Luke used Brooke but who cares? It doesn't matter what happened last season when they just go around changing the history. I feel like next episode we'll discover that Nathan has always been in love with Brooke and Jake came back to be with Haley. It doesn't make sense, but nothing does on this show anymore.
Yes, it seems the writing and structure this season have greatly declined. Anything could develop just for the sake of extended drama and cliffhangers. The show is quickly turning into a freak of a soap opera. What happened to the heartfelt episodes that we so loved? Really, we might just have to bring this issue up with Mark Schwahn.
WildFire070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Huh? This is a joke, right?

Last edited by scherra; 12-01-2004 at 06:54 PM
scherra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Huh? This is a joke, right?
Yes it is. I edited my post.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by WildFire070
Anything could develop just for the sake of extended drama and cliffhangers.
This is one of the big problems I have with N/H storyline. Nothing was developed for the sake of their cliffhanger. We had no forshadowing of any kind involving Haley's feeling for Chris, and vice versa. The kiss, Nathan's temper tantrum, Haley showing up at the bus station, etc...nothing was gradually led up to all these events. All their scenes were like 5 sec. each and at the end they dropped the crappy cliffhanger. I mean, come on! If you're gonna do some damage to one of the most popular couple of the show, at least give them a decent storyline.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by FKATF
Yes it is. I edited my post.
Thanks.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Just my opinion

I think that the writers have spent more time this season developing the entire ensemble which means we haven't gotten some of our favorite people lately (Naley!)

But....I think we are in for some good stuff.

As far as any foreshadowing with Haley and Chris, we knew Chris was trouble. I don't think that Haley has feelings for Chris. I believe that it is in his mind alone (and ego). What I think we are seeing in Haley is her own insecurities and also learning to deal with attention from men other than Nathan. Haley's concern is that she cannot do it on her own. I think she idolizes Chris's ability to put himself out there as far as his performing....and that is it!

Nathan...we knew that he was possesive in nature and protective of his relationship with Haley. Because of his family situation, it makes sense that he has grown extremely dependent on Haley for who he is. We have seen that this year..and his jealousy (remember Felix?).

Let's face it, Jake looks good! A storyline involving where he has been, what happened with Jenny and his friendship with Peyton will rock!

The writing so far this season has not been up to last year's quality, but I loved last nights episode. I would like to believe that the shows will only get better and that we were stuck with some transitional shows as they mesh the entire cast into the show.
anease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 07:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Re: Just my opinion

Quote:
I think that the writers have spent more time this season developing the entire ensemble which means we haven't gotten some of our favorite people lately (Naley!)
If only...I don't think they developed the entire ensemble. Rather, they spent way too much time developing the new characters...And Brooke. And it wasn't gradual, either. They just shoved BPR and BK down our throat. I wouldn't be as bitter if N/H were shafted due to the other three of the main five. But that wasn't the case. I don't see why Nathan or Haley, the characters we came to love and care about, had to be sacrificed for BPR and BK, who I'm still not quite sure what their point is.

Quote:
As far as any foreshadowing with Haley and Chris, we knew Chris was trouble. I don't think that Haley has feelings for Chris. I believe that it is in his mind alone (and ego). What I think we are seeing in Haley is her own insecurities and also learning to deal with attention from men other than Nathan. Haley's concern is that she cannot do it on her own. I think she idolizes Chris's ability to put himself out there as far as his performing....and that is it!
Of course I knew Chris was trouble. But before last night's episode, he was simply using Haley to further his music career. At least that's how I saw it. And all of a sudden, he has a romantic interest in her? That's what I meant when I said I didn't see any foreshadowing...in a romantic sense. He was already causing trouble between N/H by "helping" Haley with her music. The kiss was plain unnecessary, IMO. Whatever damage he could've caused was already done. So what was the point of that kiss?

Quote:
Let's face it, Jake looks good! A storyline involving where he has been, what happened with Jenny and his friendship with Peyton will rock!
Again, only if. I don't think he's staying. That's why I'm upset with Jake storyline. If he were staying even at least 3 or 4 episodes, I could accept it, no problem. I like Jake. But I think Bryan's only staying for one more episode after the hiatus. So why bring him back? What's the point except maybe a cheap shock value cliffhanger?

Quote:
I would like to believe that the shows will only get better
God, I hope so.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:58 PM
Master Fan

Well im glad I could make you guys laugh. I never liked NH, BUT last season I used to tolerate them as being ok. But this season...if I was ever a shipper of them I would have been so pissed with the way they developed them.

Speaking as a LH fan im so pissed with what they've done to them too. We get nothing, and then we get a scene, but instead of Haley being worried when she finds out her BEST friend didnt take a heart test she just leaves? I mean seriously WTF?

And the Chris/Haley ending is such crap. I mean i hate NH, but its so obvious that her next line is gonna be "I came to say goodbye. I love Nathan, blah blah..." like she would ever just leave with him. Whatever.

And yeah the Peyton/Jake thing doesnt make sense to me either, but since i cant stand LP im happy to have her want Jake rather than Luke.
~Maz~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

I actually thought the episode was okay…I even liked it. But it was NOTHING compared to With Arms Outstreched...nothing. Hopefully this is some kinda sign, cause in my opinion, OTH went downhill after the hiatus last season. So maybe, after this hiatus, it’ll go…um…uphill.

I’m so not worried about Haley leaving with Chris. ‘Cause she is so not. She just went there to tell him that she felt nothing for him in her part, and what he told her, about her having felt something from the beginning, is all in his head. His ego…

Where in the world did Lucas’ feelings for Brooke come from. I’m lost…did I miss an episode...or like several. But in actuality, I could care less about the Lucas/Brooke/Felix thing...at least right now. So, I’m not even gonna waste a second thinking about this storyline.

I was excited for the Lucas/Haley scene that we got but..idk..why is he lying to her. Even though Nathan asked that of him. I just don't want the LH friendship to disappear. And as much as I love how Nathan and Lucas are getting along, I want the tension back between them.

I was SO happy when I saw Jake. I thought I was gonna have a heart attack I was cheering like crazy!..that def. made the episode for me.

OOHhhh…another part that made the episode was Nathan and the Chris scene.. ..that was awesome. Go Nathan!..Kick his arse!
Old 12-01-2004, 09:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Idlewild
Oh. I want Joie out! This show's doing nothing for her.
And I thought it was just my non-OTH heart feeling that way.

I've seen conspiracy theories floated about, but for me, there's nothing to suggest that this is unique to the character of Haley. There isn't a character on this show who hasn't been jerked around to fit the day's plotting purpose or, as you pointed out, for shock value. I like most of the actors on the show, but it's extremely difficult for me to get behind their characters, let alone any of the pairings, because the show hasn't given me any reason to care. At best, it's the actors who make me care, not the writing. We have all these "developments" (cite all the "issues" that have come up on the show) and I honestly can't take any of them seriously. I don't believe the words coming out of the characters' mouths, I don't believe their declarations of love, and I don't believe that two episode from now, Lucas won't sleep with Peyton. This isn't a spoiler or speculation, just an example of the kinds of gimmicks they resort to. I don't know if it's that they have such a low opinion of their viewers, they don't bother to write or simply that they don't know how to write.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey pretty board.

Quote:
I actually thought the episode was okay…I even liked it. But it was NOTHING compared to With Arms Outstreched...nothing.
I expected something similar last night. I love WAO b/c it was well develop and it had balanced storylines something I didn't see here. I feel like yesterday's clifthanger came out of nowhere.

I agree with Idlewild it seems like they developed the entire cast except Haley's. We know more about BPR, BB, Mouth, Jules, etc. I still love this character and I hope that on Jan 25th, Haley's given sufficient amount of screen time to tell her POV.
Reply   Post New Thread