Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2012, 06:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

I think w/ fic, they did so much better to show their relationship than what they show us on show since they barely to show us, but sometimes it's missed opportunity in here and there..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 04-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Elite Fan

I loved the scenes they had this season even if I felt like of course there could always have had more quantity. The thing is I don't expect much of this show anymore so I was really pleased with what we did get (and pleased that Jamie in S9 was used only in stroylines with his parents) since my expectations as filming was going on was like at zero (Jackson never seemed to be filming).

That said, they for sure could've given us some more HJ scenes and HJL scenes esp with Nathan gone and the severity of their storyline...defintely could have had more HJ talks and comforting scenes. I also felt like it was strange we never really saw a just Lydia/Jamie scene bar that one in the S8 season finale. There was just so much potential to show him as a big brother. (I loved when he told Nathan he would be the one to tell Lydia about Dan, big brother Jamie is cute).

But again, overall I was happy with what we got. We could always use more and they could always flesh things via more scenes...but I got to see Haley as a mother and HJ for 5 seasons...so I'm satisfied. Though I'm still annoyed Chris Keller didn't have a scene with Jamie. The potential for laughs would have been great...sigh.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I loved when he told Nathan he would be the one to tell Lydia about Dan, big brother Jamie is cute
This is one of my favorite "things" and I really wish they would have used that as inspiration. It doesn't have to be anything huge scene wise but just sticking in a little scene with big brother Jamie would have been so amazing.

As for scenes with JHL or even HJLN, I guess I was thinking we'd never get to see those and well, looky there. LOL Sad they wasted that potential and in stead went with some of the most useless stuff in the history of television but oh well.

Speaking of Chris, I would have loved to see scenes with the Scotts and him. Blahh.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ I agree w/ everything you said..

I remember that I read one-shot that Chris spend a day w/ their kids and it was hilarious to read it even Jamie asked him why he talked like that all the time or something like that..

is that what you want?

Old 04-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
that I read one-shot that Chris spend a day w/ their kids and it was hilarious to read it even Jamie asked him why he talked like that all the time or something like that..
What fic is that? Link?
Old 04-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Passionate Fan

I just saw this on Tumblr and I hope it's okay if I post it in this thread. It's a picture of the guy who played older Jamie in the finale.

I'm just going to post the link to the picture for right now. I think I remember a couple of people on here saying that they preferred not seeing his face, so that they could come up in their minds what he looked like and I don't want to ruin that since this guy looks nothing like Joy or James, imo.

For those interested, here ya go:

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...fr7io1_500.jpg
Quote:
For all the One Tree Hill fans that were also upset with the fact that they never saw older Jamie’s face in the finale, this is my friend Markus. He played older Jamie. We both attend UNC-Wilmington and another friend and I went with him to the set to shoot that day. This is a picture of him sitting outside his trailer with the Ravens jersey on!

My friends: Cannon Osborne Amy Johnson
Shattered Glass
Old 04-24-2012, 01:48 AM
Elite Fan

^ Thanks for that!

Honestly seeing his face wouldn't make it canon to me I prefer to picture my own Jamie. The show didn't show his face for a reason so I don't understand the need some had to see this actors face since clearly it wouldn't make it canon teen Jamie IMHO. I'm also pretty sure if they had wanted to show his face they would have casted with that in mind. Plus on the show his hair at the end looked dark and I want to stick with that.

That said I still clicked on the pic, and Joy was right he looks nothing like her or James or a Scott (though he is cute). However while he doesn't have the facial features of NH, he does have the Scott physique though so I can see them choosing him for that reason since Jamie would have an athlete's body.

credit:jlaffertys

Last edited by diamond gothic; 04-24-2012 at 03:40 PM
Old 04-27-2012, 08:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond gothic (View Post)
What fic is that? Link?
I can't remember that one-shot, but at least I can try to find it for you..

is that what you want?

Old 04-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
The show didn't show his face for a reason so I don't understand the need some had to see this actors face since clearly it wouldn't make it canon teen Jamie IMHO. I'm also pretty sure if they had wanted to show his face they would have casted with that in mind. Plus on the show his hair at the end looked dark and I want to stick with that.
Same here. I didn't understand the fuss some made over not seeing his face. I liked that they didn't show it because they left it up to our own imaginations. I think it would've been kind of weird to see someone else playing Jamie after watching Jackson for so long, so I'm glad that we didn't see his face.

Quote:
However while he doesn't have the facial features of NH, he does have the Scott physique though so I can see them choosing him for that reason since Jamie would have an athlete's body.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

^ Yep.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

Love their bonding in that episode..

is that what you want?

Old 04-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

^ I adore that scene!

Icon ~ Diane
Old 04-29-2012, 10:31 PM
Master Fan

That animation is perfect.
Tumblaaaa
Old 05-02-2012, 02:39 AM
Elite Fan

Well luckily their last scene was one of depth and awesomesauce...as it should be. And particuarly so because their first scene wasn't the best (Haley was in a dark place...how far she's come from S5, ep 1 huh?.)..though I think the talented lady doing these could have used their very, very first scene which was Jamie's birth...and that is a fantastic scene.

your perfect disaster.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:52 AM
Elite Fan