Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2012, 08:08 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
To be fair, I read spoilers. I knew Dan would be hurt in the rescue and Nathan would just have a leg injury. Had I not read spoilers, I would have at least momentarily thought it was Nathan too. Even completely spoiled, though, that scene did surprise me
Same here. Right away, I thought it was Dan under the mask- I was so convinced it was him. When I saw that it was the drug dealer (I don't know his name) I was actually shocked.

I really liked the Nathan/Dan scenes this episode- it's been a while since we've seen them getting along, and I actually like them two together. Otherwise, I found this episode to be way over the top (as per usual). And the Clay/Quinn scenes? So out of place...

Quote:
his penchant for talking in the third person is only funny once or twice, not a dozen times in one episode.
This!!!! Agree with this 100%! It's just not funny anymore.

...my life is good.
haleyispretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

CK's usually better in low dose overall when's he's being like that.

But I LOVE this exchange between Dan/Chris. Both have done things to hurt NH and both have done things to save them. Both have lost and yet want NH happy. LOVE.

Quote:
Dan: You sure you thought this thing through, Keller?

Chris: What's that supposed to mean?
Dan: You say you want to help Haley. You have a thing for her. You have since high school.
Chris: So?
Dan: So from where I stand, this is a lose-lose for you. If you don't bring Nathan back, you've failed her. If you do, you lose her anyway. Once Nathan comes home, you're out of the picture.

Chris: So are you. Yeah, Haley told me all about it. Once Nathan comes back, you lose your family. So from where I'm standing, it's worse for you. Because I lose what I never had. But you had it. Your son, your grandkids. All of it. But here we are.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Well, I wish there would've been more Haley, but what we did get was good. Joy does such an amazing job at conveying emotions and you could really feel how distraught and worried she was despite not really having any lines to say.

I loved Nathan talking about Haley and the kids, but I think my eyes almost rolled into the back of my head when he mentioned fortitude.

Dan and Chris were great together. I loved that we finally got to hear Chris's true feelings about Haley. I liked Julian, as well, but I thought his presence was kind of pointless.

Quote:
I really liked the Nathan/Dan scenes this episode- it's been a while since we've seen them getting along, and I actually like them two together.
Same. Their scenes were my favorite part of the episode, actually. They've basically been having the same conversation over and over and over since season 5, so I loved that we finally got to see them acting like father and son again.
Pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I liked Julian, as well, but I thought his presence was kind of pointless.
You have no idea how much I wish it was Haley there instead. But oh well. Even if they had her pull a Chuck and "stay in the car".

Quote:
They've basically been having the same conversation over and over and over since season 5, so I loved that we finally got to see them acting like father and son again.
This. I was so tired of Dan/Nate during S5/S6 esp because it was just so repetitive and them going round in circles saying the same thing (actually NH were kinda like that in S6 too..."Nate live your dream I support you on repeat"...S6 was so bland at times...ok going off track lol). Anyways, yes I agree about Dan/Nate.

Actually from NH's POV, Dan was their last remaininng loose end. They got eveything else they wanted in life (let's ignore the agency and pretend Nate coaches & lets ignore lack of Lydia because even if there’s not much of her, NH did get the baby girl they wanted) is the only thing left to resolve once and for all was Dan. Either Dan dies or Dan is forgiven. But end of the day...it's done for NHJL.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
You have no idea how much I wish it was Haley there instead. But oh well. Even if they had her pull a Chuck and "stay in the car".
Yeah, I thought it was kind of weird that while the rescue was going on, Haley was sitting around the house...by herself. I think having her be a part of the rescue in some way would have made more sense, like having her stay in the car as you suggested, but I enjoyed what little we got of her, nonetheless.

Quote:
I was so tired of Dan/Nate during S5/S6 esp because it was just so repetitive and them going round in circles saying the same thing
Agreed. Dan and Nathan's father/son relationship has always been one of my favorite relationships on the show, but it's been very repetitive and somewhat boring since season 5. Even in 9x02, it was still the same conversation, so I'm glad that we finally got something different from them episode.

Quote:
Actually from NH's POV, Dan was their last remaininng loose end.
Very true. I actually hadn't even thought about that. I'm really glad that we're finally going to see some resolution between NH and Dan. And a much better resolution than had the show ended in s8.
Pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:40 AM
Elite Fan

Well that was the quickest time in history for me to watch Haley scenes, Not even when Joy was pregnant did she have this less. Anyways, the scene where she watched Nate's speech was great (Joy is such a good crier) but aside from that...the other 2 scenes weren't even necessary. I mean the point of her running? It makes me feel less annoyed knowing she was pitching the Notebook musical & that's why she didn't film a lot.

Again I did like the parts where she was mentioned by Chris and Dan and I like Dan/Nate, but too much Dan tbh and next ep more focus on him. I guess it's not a bad thing...I just want focus on NHJL with Dan supporting. Not the other way round.

3 eps and it's over. I just hope there's some more good Haley/NH/NHJL to come because if the season had ended here (with one shot of NH reuniting) I would have been really underwhelmed at the resolution.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightPrincess (View Post)
Nathan hiding the gun behind his back sorta reminded me of John McClaine from the first Die Hard.

I think Dan put the gun there, in the back of his pants, when he hugged Nathan before he feel after being shot.
weens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmba310 (View Post)
That was Dan's gun that he put there when he fell into/hugged Nathan after being shot, right? I wasn't giving the episode my complete attention, but didn't Nathan originally have a gun with no bullets?

I'm sad about this too. I've always liked Dan.

Pretty sure you're right about that. I'm still trying to figure out how they got the drug dealer into the building and into the chair, but I will say that when he was shot that was fairly shocking, not because I thought it was Nathan but because I thought it might be Dan (I honestly forgot about the drug dealer so that thought didn't cross my mind).

Yes indeed, but it was exactly as I expected. I'm glad it didn't completely over take the episode, but it was total overkill when the rescue attempt was already going on. The time could have been better served showing someone (preferably not Brooke) with Haley.

The other thing that seemed pointless..the Clay and Quinn scenes. There weren't that many, but were any of them actually needed? Quinn could have been with Haley and Clay could have helped save his partner/friend.

I like Chris, but speaking of overkill....his penchant for talking in the third person is only funny once or twice, not a dozen times in one episode.

And finally....Nathan and Chris have now killed someone. Yes, they were the bad guys, Nathan's was in self-defense and Chris' by accident, but in a better written show, there would be some aftermath about how they deal with that. In this show, I'm guessing it won't be mentioned again.

Kudos to Julian for coming in to save Nathan at the end....but could it have been any more obvious that that was going to happen? Good thing the bad guys like to talk before they shoot.
My sentiments exactly on everything!
weens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

1 min of Joy >>>>> that whole stupid storyline of taser savior. Wish he would have killd Brooke. Gosh, yep, I said it. I'm sorry but I can't anymore

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
holding my heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i watched the part where dan got shot for nathan. lol. although, i'm looking forward to his redemption episode next week! well, i still stan for keith, but still.
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really hope we get some kind of a reunion otherwise this storyline has been blah. At least we have gotten some amazing Joy acting though and I gotta say I didn't hateee D//J/C even if it was lame. Still, I thought it was kinda funny. lolz

Becky, word to everything.

heart packed in ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread