1.43 Million Viewers.
0.7/2 18/49 Rating/Share.
tvbythenumbers

Ugly, that. Lol.

- Bethany Joy
shoots up a flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

It wasn't to bad of an episode I guess. Joy did a wonderful job as always. I loved the flashbacks if we couldn't get real scenes with Nathan/Haley glad we got the flashback scenes at least.
lukelor4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Moderator Support Team

The episode was alright, but I did enjoy NH flashbacks and NH scenes.. And of course NHJ scenes include Haley and her daughter scene.. That's it.. Oh well..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

I decided to go back and watch the whole ep, and i'm actually glad I did, just to ger the context of the flashbacks and stuff. Haley was in the majority of the flashbacks, and like Krys said anytime people are praising and talking about how awesome Haley is, I will take that lol. It's not like it happens all the time, so I think it was cool that this ep was kinda centered around that.

Another thing I noticed and appreciated is that NH are the only ones who had flashbacks spanning all the seasons...all the other characters were flashing back to like, earlier this season or last season lol. It was nice to have that visual reminder that Haley, Nathan, and NH have been here throughout the series and have alot of flashback-worthy scenes.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
To those who saw the whole ep...I saw a CQ art and the quote "of course I love you, you goof"...really? Did he say the exact same dialogue as Nathan?
Yes. The exact same words. Nathan and Clay really have been spending too much time together. Lol. It's definitely laziness from the writers, but I was grateful that Mark decided to pass on the "goof" torch to another couple. Although, I'm sure we'll get another goof or two thrown out there from Nathan before the season ends.

Quote:
Another thing I noticed and appreciated is that NH are the only ones who had flashbacks spanning all the seasons...all the other characters were flashing back to like, earlier this season or last season lol. It was nice to have that visual reminder that Haley, Nathan, and NH have been here throughout the series and have alot of flashback-worthy scenes.
I agree. It goes to show that even though NH have been treated horribly this season, you can't watch those scenes and deny how important they are to the show and how many amazing, pivotal scenes they've had throughout the course of the series. I felt like their flashbacks were the only ones that really fit in with the episode. Some of the others were too long and didn't contribute anything to the episode.

I'm still disappointed that we got all these amazing flashbacks that should've lead up to the happiness of their new arrival and we didn't get to see that. However, I love that they used almost an entire episode to showcase how amazing Haley is and what a great couple NH is.
Pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

So I watched the Haley/NHJ/NH clips again and I definitely found a new and greater love for them the second time around. Totally should have just forgone the episode and done the clips, which really pains me to say because years ago I would have never even contemplated doing that with this show because I loved it so. Sigh. But yeah I really loved the NH scene, double melt for Nathan calling her baby, and adored his slip up with him mentioning clowns and Haley's reaction. I think what is cute is that we've been shown before that in certain situations when Haley is looking for something from Nathan and he feels under pressured he sometimes slips up. Don't know if that makes sense lol, but basically what I'm thinking of is in season four when Haley was hormonal finding a dress from prom and he flubbed on what to say to make her feel better......that. I think its adorbale especailly when it all comes down to it he usually finds a way to say the sweetest things. Love of course the foreheads against each other. Super intimate and I do believe that the forehead kiss was rather appropriate give the circumstance. I mean I love when they kiss, but there is some very tender about a forehead kiss, especially when Nathan does it. You get this feeling of reverence that he has for Haley, for them as a couple, for their love...so I did like it. And love Haley touching his cheek, and his chest. Cute. And yes I did adore the flashbacks, that everyone's were for the most part centered on Haley, and of course although I wish Nathan had been with Haley I will say at least he was thinking about them in most of his flashbacks. Hell I would even say his flashback to Dan was really in service to flashback to the scene with NH after Nathan had left the hospital. And I think that while there was some laziness in the writing, major laziness, they did do a good job at picking the flashbacks. NH's first kiss, the moment Nathan fell in love with Haley, the moment they shared that they were going to have a son and when they had their son.....very good.

Adored the NHJ scene and did anyone lol at Haley telling Jamie he wasn't allowed to have a baby in high school. "You're not allowed to do that" lol that was classic as was the Clay scene about Hales that Caroline pointed out. Robert delivered that perfectly. I wish we would have gotten an HQ scene for sure, but I do adore that it was clear how much Quinn loves Haley, which of course has always been indicative of their relationship. Love that. LOVE that they showed Taylor. YES. Also I admit I lol'd when Jamie said that Haley wasn't tough. Did he not see his mother throw down with Taylor and Quinn in the pool, did you not bet on your mom. Slip up there, but obviously it was in service to show how Mama is feirce so I'll let that go. And it was ADORBS how excited Jamie was for the arrival of his little sister, that he wanted to stay in the hospital. Again watching the scenes again and then taking the time to think about it all, about NH's journey, their story, I mean we really have been lucky. Yes I'm still upset about certain dissappointments with this episode and season but.......I think in the grand scheme of things and in comparisson to other couples and characters we have defintiely been rather lucky. And what I'm getting at is the fact that Jamie was so excited to see his little sister, the fact that he wanted to be there for her and for his mother I think is just really indicative of the family that NH have built together. I know Jamie annoys some, but he really does irk me that much. I think he has a really kind heart, and a really amazing understanding and capacity to love and that to me is all on NH. That they've raised him to love, and so much of that I'm sure comes from the fact that they have given their boy so much love, as parents, as a couple who have been able to have a child together, build a family together. So yes....and while I'm still upset, about not getting a scene between the family......I got to see NH have a second child. I know that regardless of what wasn't on screen Nathan was there for the birth, right after the birth, held his daughter and spent some time with his wife before rushing out to announce the news. Did I want to see that, yes of course, but it was it is and this show is what it is now unfortunetely. We thankfully have at least got to see NH have a second child, and that scene with Haley and Lydia was just so much love. Even in that few seconds just seeing Haley cradle her, look down at her with love and awe, see her hold her little girl's hand..... Such a beautiful scene.

Also anyone take in the lines of the Elizabeth and the Catapult song that played over the scene? "With the ones that we must treasure." How perfect is that? E&C is such an amazing band so glad that we got one of their songs over Haley holding her baby girl.

So yes still irked about a good amount of things, but I will count the blessings.

ETA: Also forgot to say, again, props to Joy for being such a trooper as we know the last scene was shot after she had baby Maria. Honestly the woman is such a professional, but her class, strength, and overall kindness to do what she can for the show and for fans is just really admirable. Woman is amazing. Trufax.
Tumblaaaa

Last edited by flying aimlessly; 04-20-2011 at 02:49 PM
flying aimlessly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
ETA: Also forgot to say, again, props to Joy for being such a trooper as we know the last scene was shot after she had baby Maria. Honestly the woman is such a professional, but her class, strength, and overall kindness to do what she can for the show and for fans is just really admirable. Woman is amazing. Trufax.
Well if you haven't mentioned this yet, I wouldn't have known that she actually went through labor before shooting that scene. Wowza. Seriously, that girl sure is just...everything. I can't find a word to fit for this...That girl is flawless with everything as if we never knew that she did have Maria during that time that she was probably exhausted and tired yet she pulled it off perfectly to play Haley who went through labor with Lydia. Talent, that's all you can see right before your eyes.
deep within me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
got to see NH have a second child
TBH hon, I got to see HALEY have a second child. Sad but true. All season aside from a few mentions it's like is Nathan even the father?

That said, thank you for your post and some other posts others have made in this thread that made me see that there were great things to be happy about.