Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2010, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

Episode Discussion 7.15: Joy/Haley in "Don't You Forget About Me."

Don't You Forget About Me

Original Air Date: January 31, 2010
Episode: 7.15

Official Episode Description

AN HOMAGE TO THE LATE DIRECTOR JOHN HUGHES — In the chaos surrounding an ‘80’s alumni dance at the high school, Haley’s (Bethany Joy Galeotti) birthday is forgotten, Jamie (Jackson Brundage) is left home alone, and Nathan (James Lafferty) and Clay (Robert Buckley) are stranded 200 miles from Tree Hill. Meanwhile, Brooke’s (Sophia Bush) appearance at the dance with Alexander (guest star Mitch Ryan) forces Julian (Austin Nichols) to relive his dorky adolescence in an episode dedicated to the memory of John Hughes. Shantel VanSanten, Lee Norris, and Lisa Goldstein also star.

Support Joy/Everly!:

Song Title: Quicksand
Episode: 7.01
Artist: Everly
Purchase Info: Quicksand by Everly, on iTunes now!

Song Title: Maybe
Episode: 7.09, 7.11
Purchase Info: Maybe by Everly, on iTunes now!

Song Title: Girl in the Moon
Episode: 7.13
Purchase Info: Girl in the Moon by Everly, on iTunes now!

Song Title: Flying Machine
Purchase Info:Flying Machine by Everly, on iTunes now!

Song Title: We Belong
Purchase Info: We Belong by Everly, on iTunes now!

With Haley returning to the stage, my co-mods and I are coming up with a number of ways to make sure everyone can quickly and easily find song information, when Joy/Everly songs appear in the episodes and/or are released for purchase. If a song has been used in an episode, you'll always be able to look here in this section of the episode discussion thread for updated info. Song title, how to purchase the song (when/if it becomes available) etc.

Episode Clips from 7.15:

Sneak Peek One/Official Episode Promo

Sneak Peek Two on CW Website, Sneak Peek Three, Mark Schwahn Episode Preview

Episode Stills from 7.15:

*Credit and thanks to everyone who uploaded the clips to youtube and the episode stills.
*All episode stills, as well as all clips following the official one, have been linked to avoid creating any potential spoiler conflict. Please follow the link(s) at your own discretion.

Rules:

- Please no bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases.

- Please remember that no icons, fanart, etc., are permissible using episode stills until after the episode airs.

- Bethany Joy

Last edited by shoots up a flare; 01-31-2010 at 02:32 PM
shoots up a flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting, Krys! I can't wait! I'm glad I watched Sixteen Candles over the weekend too, I feel all caught up and ready!
Old 01-31-2010, 04:17 PM
Master Fan

Yay, thanks for starting, Krys! I can't wait to see Haley/Joy rock the 80's!
Join&Vote MISFITS
missviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:26 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting the thread, Krys! I know my 80s movies, so I'm really looking forward to this one, mostly for Haley and NH, of course, but I think it'll be fun to identify all the John Hughes references throughout the episode.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

YAY thanks so much K! I am so excited for this ep!

heart packed in ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread Krys! I'm so excited for this ep. Can't wait to hear everybody's thoughts on it.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

We got the cake kiss!! Yay!
Tumblaaaa
flying aimlessly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Elite Fan

YAY!
Old 02-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Haley's scene with Grubbs was hilarious. And can I just say the look on Haley's face when Nathan said happy birthday was so subtly amazing. God, Joy <3.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Elite Fan

That preview with HT is amazinnnggggg, like god, I'm so excited! Plus the 80sep when I get home! and Lydia! Just so much goodness, someone wake me up!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Supreme Fan

I thought it was a GREAT episode overall. Loved Haley. I'm rewatching now so I'll post more later.

...my life is good.
haleyispretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

I really enjoyed the entire episode and, of course, loved Hales and NH most of all. I'll have more detailed thoughts after a rewatch.

For now, I'll leave some ani's of my favorite scenes. No surprise for those that know me...of course, they're the NH ones.

Brit, I so agree about Haley's look after Nathan says happy birthday (and Nathan didn't look half bad himself with his big smile).

Old 02-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Elite Fan

FIRST OFF, HALEY HAD A BIRTHDAY. Let me squee about that for a sec haha ..... and I'm done, OK! I feel like I've been waiting FOREVER for our girl to have a birthday, so finally, YAY! LMFAO at them bring up Haley being in jail again, 4th strike LULZ. AND um she looked GORG the whole episode. GORGEOUS. I loved her hair, and the 16 Candles pink dress was AHMAZING. Like Joy, YOU ROCKED IT.

Ok so NH, SUCH A CUTE one for them. Nathan going in a pig truck so he could make it for her bday was so cute. "You're about to see just how much I love my wife." aww!" The Porsche scene was SO ADORABLE. Like straight from 16 Candles with an NH twist, LOVED IT. And wore Brit, Haley's face after Nathan said it. She was SO HAPPY someone remembered, and so happy to see him. GAH. Joy kills all. Fact. And then the cake scene AWWZ! Just like from the movie as well. I loved the little tease before they kissed too. LOVED THEM <3

The BH walking down the hallway to the lockers was so cute too. Although, they're gonna need to give them scenes that exclude them talking about Julian because it's getting kinda old. BH can have scenes about ANYTHING, it doesn't need to be about Brooke's love life all the time. But still yeah, so cute.

UMM PROMO, Taylor and Lydia, YEAH BABY! This is the season of the James' that's for sure! Overall loveddd the ep. Becky, those animations are presh <3
Old 02-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Master Fan

I'm going to squee with you, Shanna, about Haley having a birthday. It's about time. Sure everyone but Nathan (and eventually Jamie) forgot, but I don't care. Her boys are the only ones who really matter to her at the end of the day. And when Nathan finally said "Happy Birthday", that smile on his face and the look on hers were both amazing.

Help me out if you can with the "4th strike" statement. I can think of two times she's been arrested (3.09 and 7.05), but am drawing a blank on the third time.

Loved how Nathan was willing to do anything to get home to his girl.

Enjoyed the BH scenes, though I liked the first one more than the second, for the reason you mentioned, Shanna. The talk about Julian when BH get together is getting really repetitive, so the first scene...even though it showed that Brooke didn't remember Haley's birthday...at least showed she remembered Haley in high school and the teasing was a very friend-like thing to do.

Loved seeing Lydia in the promo and the Haley/Taylor scene looks intense!

Last edited by cmba310; 02-01-2010 at 11:09 PM
cmba310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Right there with you Shan! ACTUAL BDAY! Freaking fantastic, that is for sure and i never thought it would happen. And Joy...ahhh you are so gorgeous! I love everything Haley wore from her cute sleep attire to the 80s outfit!! SO SO adorable and perfect! I felt so bad for her...trying to give hints like the birth of the day. LMAO Clever!

Nathan and Haley were so adorable too! Awws! I was thrilled that they made sure that Nathan REMEMBERED, he just had to get to Tree Hill. Him and Clay were awesome though and I love that he finally told him about Sara. Omg, the pigs... My favorite line was "You're about to see how much I love my wife." (Shanna quoted this too, FTW!) It just made me squee so much and reminds me why I love NH to begin with! Him standing waiting for her at the end, too cute!! Love everything about it!

I have to agree Shan. They should have BH talk about other things as well. They are such good friends and I would love to see some general bonding between them again!

GAH Next week looks KICKASS!!!!!!!!! LYDIA!!!! Haley/Taylor! AH!

heart packed in ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread