Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

Episode Discussion 7.07: Joy/Haley in "I and Love and You."

I and Love and You

Original Air Date: October 26, 2009
Episode: 7.07

Official Episode Description

JAMES LAFFERTY DIRECTS THE EPISODE — Dan (Paul Johannson) brings Renee (guest star Kate French) onto his television show, leaving Nathan (James Lafferty) and Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) powerless to stop him from revealing the truth of her pregnancy to the world. Quinn (Shantel VanSanten) examines what went wrong with David (guest star Scott Holroyd), and Sara (guest star Amanda Schull) and Clay (Robert Buckley) discuss their past. Meanwhile, Brooke (Sophia Bush) comes clean with Julian (Austin Nichols) about her true desires.

Episode Clips from 7.07:

Sneak Peek One/Official Episode Promo

Sneak Peek Two on CW Website, Sneak Peek Three, Mark Schwahn 7.07 Episode Preview

Episode Stills from 7.07:

No stills to display at this time.

*Credit and thanks to everyone who uploaded the clips to youtube and the episode stills.
*All episode stills, as well as all clips following the official one, have been linked to avoid creating any potential spoiler conflict. Please follow the link(s) at your own discretion.

Rules:

- Please no bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases.

- Please remember that no icons, fanart, etc., are permissible using episode stills until after the episode airs.

- Bethany Joy
shoots up a flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting this, Krys! I'm realllllly excited for this one. Can't wait for tomorrow!
Old 10-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Ms.
Passionate Fan

TFTT, Krys!

K, I'm ready, bring on the INTENSITY! ... Or so it seems this episode'll be.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Elite Fan

No problem on getting this going, lovelies! I'm ready for this episode, too.

It really does seem like the liar, liar pants on fire stuff is going to really heat up and come to a climax in this episode. Potential for high intensity and/or high emotion? I'm so in. LOL. Our girl plays stuff like that so amazingly well. I love it, love it, love it.

Plus, on a shallow note, our girl is looking beyond gorgeous, so, you know, that adds to my excitement.

- Bethany Joy
shoots up a flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

AHH thanks K I am so excited about this episode! Seems it will have some good NH and plus, Joy is looking stunning! I am sure it will be interesting with Dan involved, you know it will bring some drama.

heart packed in ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT Krys.

I hope this usually slow day goes quick!
loppabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the thread!

Krys, may I just say how much I flove when you say "our girl"? It's great to be in the company of Joy fans who are as passionate about her as I am. It's insane though ... I was talking to one of my friends/coworkers today... and we were talking about talented people that we really like and just really pretty people ( ) and I had my computer open and went to one of the billion pictures of Joy I have and was showing it to him and was shrieking and being like "AH! She's perfect" .

Off topic though ...

High emotion would be loverly! . Could we get Haley teary-eyed? I think I'd faint from Joy's acting. . Not that I want for Haley to suffer but COME ON! Joy PAWNS scenes like that!
Worlds Collide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

Ehh so not much Haley this ep, but I thought it was still good. I loved Haley calling Quinn "Quinny" aww. It sounds normal when joy uses nicknames. Srsly though, Joy's acting this ep was amazing. Like the subtle thing she does really make an episode. Like her playing with Nate's arm when the show first started and they were both sitting there nervous. And then Haley's face when Nathan is talking about Dan. She looked so lost, like she wishes there was something to do to make all of this better for him, and then of course "screw it." LOL. Word. Screw it all. NH knows Nathan didn't do it, they don't need to freak out like that. Screw em alll! And then when Renee said it didn't happen, Haley's head tilted back. Like she was so relieved. For her, for Nathan, for this WHOLE thing. That lying how finally admitted it. And then Haley crying into Nathan's arms, AWWW. They were both just so so relieved. This shizshow is finally over, and they can go back to living their life. I loved NH holding each other close at the end too, like they were holding on for dear life, so thankful it's all over.

You guys saw that pic of Haley hitting Renee on Dan's show right? LMFAO Joy's face. They got her right as she was about to hit her, and her fierce face is on.

And OMG girl from center stage being Clay's wife! DUDE I LOVED HER in that movie! (loved her tonight too, she's a GREAT actress. I totes wish she didn't die LOL)

Last edited by killed the lights; 10-26-2009 at 08:10 PM
killed the lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

You know, I have to admit that I truly loved this episode. It just had so much heart to it, and I miss being able to say that.

Renee/scandal/dan: I'm relieved it didn't turn into something soapy and ridiculous. It was simply a girl who felt cornered and acted in desperation... and that desperation slowly tore NH apart and the drama was not in the motivation. It was what one decision...(her looking in that room) could do to one amazing couple.. and one great guy. I really did love the simplicity of that. Do I like the fact Dan was the one who pushed it out of her? A little bit, ya. I love the fact the Nathan is the one person who Dan can't cut himself from. He loves that boy so much, and he'd do anything for him. Even in his moments of evil, that was evident. Nathan will always be at the heart of Dan, and I love that we get to see that. Realistically, a show like this would not reveal that. She could sue Dan for what he pulled with the test. I think it could have been more emotional to see Nathan/Haley get her to admit her lies, but it was still entertaining, and I think this depressing episode needed the moments of "shock" the show provided.

N/H: They were a unit tonight. You couldn't have one without the other. hahaha. They deserved more story tonight. I loved what we got because the JLs just BROUGHT it.. they reminded us of their amazing chemistry with every glance, touch, kiss, hug, hand rubbing, etc.. BUT this was their night. This was the reveal of THEIR story.. I guess I just felt like we deserved a scene longer than 30sec (post Haley cry) where they just talked about it.. talked more about the accusations, the lack of trust at some points, expanded on that ignorance of being young 24 year olds..

Quinn: I don't get it. The girl's been dressing in designer this and that for the last 7 episodes, and her *beginning* with the decline in David love was the fact he "sold out" and tried to provide something bigger for her? If she's the girl who wants to be frugal and passionate, great, but I have not seen that girl. I don't believe that girl. I actually think this is a compelling story, but people find it lame because we're seeing so many different stories in how Quinn acts, dresses, reaction... and in what she says. It's too bad David wasn't the brother and this girl was the sis in law because that guy is so much more interesting to watch, and I believe his anger, confusion, excitement, etc.

Clay/Sara: It was a great story. It was sad to watch. I kind of wish it was in an episode that wasn't the big naley scandal reveal since it stole some thunder, but I really like this story, and I like the fact he's not coping well and he's going a little nuts. I also like how the show has revealed this at a slower pace where we believe he's one person, and then we just see passed that facade and into someone who is so broken and scared and confused. I also love the actress (centre stage, anyone?)

Brooke/Julian: we could have taken those out. It was clearly only there because the sophia fans would be pissed (not that some aren't already).

I really did like this episode. I reminded me of the heart the show had in earlier seasons when it went more with character drama instead of external and ridiculous drama. Kudos to the writers and James for making me not regret being in Wilmington right now lol.
the.swiss.cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Ultimate Fan

Loved the Haley stuff we got tonight! My favorite scene was her reaction to Renee finally telling the truth. The expression of relief on her face to her crying in Nathan's arms... very well played by Joy. I also loved her delivery of "screw it." LOL.

Clay/Sara stole the episode though, for me. I officially ship them, even if one half of the couple isn't alive. Rob was fantastic in that last scene... had me crying like a baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.swiss.cheese (View Post)
Brooke/Julian: we could have taken those out. It was clearly only there because the sophia fans would be pissed (not that some aren't already)
I'm pretty sure Brooke/Julian were there because Brooke is a main character on the show. That's just a fact, whether you like her/them or not. You can't not have her, or any of the core three for that matter, in an episode.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
My favorite scene was her reaction to Renee finally telling the truth. The expression of relief on her face to her crying in Nathan's arms... very well played by Joy.
I really liked that too. I reminded me of her reaction to seeing the baby was still alive in 410, though, to a lesser extent.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

This is without a doubt my favorite episode of the season. It had so much heart in it, and I truly enjoyed the storytelling of each character. Also, I thought James did a brilliant job directing this episode. The pace was perfect for such an episode. Bwah, I'm still in tears for some reason. I haven't been so moved after an episode for such a long time.

These past few episodes reaffirmed my love for this couple. NH didn't have as many lines tonight, but you know what? It didn't matter so much since we still got to see them, together, supporting each other. Every scene had them touching, and the emotional and physical support slayed me. They were so in tune with one another. Haley is Nathan's anchor and vice versa. Nothing is ever going to change that. They're IT.

I loved Haley's screw them attitude, and the fact that they decided not to watch the rest of the show.

I liked the flashbacks for Quinn and Clay, especially Clay's. It was nice having some more questions answered concerning Quinn/David, but I'm still left frustrated with her. Why didn't she communicate with David instead of brushing it off and keeping mum? I think they could have explained a bit more of her situation, but I guess they chose to focus more on Clay/Sarah instead. I thought Quinn/David had some great chemistry though.

Second favorite storyline would be Clay/Sara. That's when the real waterworks came out for me. LOL. Their story was incredibly touching and poignant. Clay/Sara had amazing chemistry, amazing. Rob killed the last scene. I think he's my favorite addition to the cast to date. The writers have done an excellent job developing his character. I just wish I could say the same for Quinn.

Overall, awesome episode! I can actually see myself rewatching many of the parts. Although, I have to say the promo almost ruined my mood.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Master Fan

So this episode reminds me why I didn't watch most of last season....

Quinn/David - So yeah, still don't care. In fact, the more they delve into her storyline, the less sympathy I have for her. I'm still not warming up to her character, and her storyline, however ambiguous it is, isn't helping.

I thought the scenes with Clay and Sara were nice. In fact, after those scenes of them together, I don't think I'm for a Clay/Quinn pairing. Heh. I might actually be annoyed now if they do get together. LOL. Just because there was so much chemistry between Clay/Sara. But anyways, I felt like this episode was Clay/Sara & Quinn/David with Brooke/Julian and Nathan/Haley as supporting characters.....um, yeah. Fail. Especially, when this episode was supposed to be the big reveal with Renee. I don't really see why they had to have this all in one episode...

It's been nice and all to watch NH deal with it together and whatnot, but I'm still not really connecting with their characters in this storyline. The one scene throughout this storyline that I would have loved to have seen play out on screen was where Nathan tells Haley about Renee and her accusations. I just feel like, the writers haven't really dug deep in trying to make me feel for them. And at the end of the episode, where Nathan says he shouldn't have been drunk at that party, and Haley replies that they're still young? Maybe, I don't know, expound upon that? Was that seriously the resolution to this whole storyline?....Cuddling and a kiss here and there? *sigh* I don't know why I continue to expect more, but I do.

I feel like the writers are trying so hard to make the audience sympathize and warm up to the newer characters that they're not nearly trying as hard with characters that we've watched for 6+ seasons, and I don't know, actually care about? So yeah...

Ehh, anyhoo, sorry to be a damper on things. I'll pass on next week based on the promos, so I don't continue my string of negativity. Haha.

ETA: Joy looked gorgeous in this episode.

Last edited by Starsnlights; 10-26-2009 at 10:33 PM
Starsnlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Ms.
Passionate Fan

I loooooved this episode. Nice work, James and writers!

I'm staying off the Quinn topic just because I'm so confused on what I think of her now that eh, you know. I felt a little sympathy for her. When they flashed back, I was like fiiiiinally. David was being assy, you know, but IDK, we haven't really seen Quinn try to communicated with him at all, even in these flashbacks. Sure, it's a possibility she has, but her also not having talked to him much is also a possibility... So, oh well. I didn't find her annoying tonight and so things are looking up... I think.

Okay, so even though I knew what was going to happen with Renee, I still felt myself going through all the emotions LOL. I mean, I was thinking about the ways you can trick a lie detector test and how Renee probably wouldn't have looked into that, and so for a moment, when it popped up as "TRUE", I was like... huh? Anyways, Dan saved the day in his own assy way I guess. It's still really stupid that he'd say he believed Renee. IDK if that was some kind of TV thing or if he was really telling the truth.

NH, of course, loved them. They were so perfect. Nathan's "How can you be so strong?" UGH, love it. There's so much to love about them tonight... but, I don't feel like re-saying what I said in the NH thread.

I reaaaaally like this Clay character. I liked him before, but now I really like him. Robert's acting is really great and he's totally adorable. The episode for him had me crying at the end, definitely. Dude, aww, poor guy. I like how they did it too. I was worried for a while when I realized she was in his head because of the mess of a storyline on Grey's Anatomy last year (Izzy and her dead fiance... WTF?) that is might end up being sorta like that. Which, was kind of stupid to think about, but I just really hated watching that storyline.

That's all I have right now.

Last edited by Ms.; 10-26-2009 at 11:41 PM
Ms. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:42 AM
Master Fan

i really like this episode!
i love how nathan and haley can be so strong with so little words and scenes.
it amazes me everytime, they just fit together.
loved clay/sara.
bju didn't fit..
i liked dan tonight too!
music was a plus.

all in all, great episode and teary joy!
SarMil23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread