Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

Episode Discussion 6.18: Joy/Haley in "Searching for a Former Clarity."

Searching for a Former Clarity

Original Air Date: March 23, 2009
Episode: 6.18

Official Episode Description

JAMES VAN DER BEEK GUEST STARS — Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) and Julian (guest star Austin Nichols) hit a setback with the production of the film. Peyton (Hilarie Burton) and Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) help Mia (guest star Kate Voegele) with her new single. Brooke (Sophia Bush) must intervene when Sam (guest star Ashley Rickards) is arrested. Jamie (Jackson Brundage) discovers the truth about Dan (Paul Johansson) and Uncle Keith. Joe Davola directed the episode written by Mark Schwahn.

Episode Clips from 6.18:

Sneak Peek One/Official Episode Promo

Sneak Peek Two on CW's OTH Homepage, Sneak Peek Three, Sneak Peek Four, Mark Schwahn Sneak Peek Five

Episode Stills from 6.18:

None of Joy/Haley at the current time.

*Credit and thanks to everyone who uploaded the clips to youtube. Credit and thanks to everyone who provided the episode stills.
*All episode stills, as well as all clips following the official one, have been linked to avoid creating any potential spoiler conflict. Please follow the link(s) at your own discretion.

- Please remember that no icons, fanart, etc., are permissible using episode stills until after the episode airs.[/B]

- Bethany Joy
shoots up a flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for starting, Krys! I really hope we get some good PH tonight.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Master Fan

Thank you for the new thread, hun. I'm actually a little bit excited for tonight's episode. Joy looks so pretty in that preview, and Haley seems to have some semblance of a storyline tonight, so...

bethany joy |
lil souljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil souljah (View Post)
Thank you for the new thread, hun. I'm actually a little bit excited for tonight's episode. Joy looks so pretty in that preview, and Haley seems to have some semblance of a storyline tonight, so...
Hee, me too. Like I don't want to get too excited and get shot down but ... I can't help it. We get excited with even an inkling of a decent storyline.

Thanks for the thread, Krys!
Old 03-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

^I know, seriously. I can't help myself!

Plus the fact that Mark wrote the episode and mentioned Haley in his little promotional bit for tonight's episode has me believing that it won't be all that bad. And the teaser with Haley and the new prinipal was decent...so I don't know what to think!

bethany joy |
lil souljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Elite Fan

No problem on the new thread, guys!

I'm hoping that tonight's episode is a good one, too. No doubt.

Putting the shallow aside, in regards to how pretty Joy looks in the promo, I really do pretty much always enjoy PH scenes, not to mention I'm really looking forward to seeing what's going on with Haley and the whole teaching thing. There's definitely potential there for this to be good. LOL.

- Bethany Joy
shoots up a flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

I really liked tonight's episode. I loved all of Joy's scenes. The one where she was organizing the kitchen and talking a mile a minute was hilarious, and I loved the stuff about truth with her class and with Mia's record. The last scene with Jamie when she started to tear up I almost started to cry, I really liked that one

*Stephanie
anything but simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Extreme Fan

I loved Joy in today´s epi!! She was amazing. The scene in the classroom was and the last scene, when they focussed on her face i teared up
And loved the little scene with Peyton and Mia

And her hair was so beautiful!!!!!!!! But, then again, it always is.

May you always walk in hope. May your days just be a way to walk along the great high road.
When the dark comes to your door. Will you deny him, Don't recognize him.
He's not welcome anymore In your life

Last edited by Anatreehill; 03-23-2009 at 10:11 PM
Anatreehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Ms.
Passionate Fan

Ugh @ the Sims 3 stuff. I was disappointed it didn't come out in February so that I could buy it then, but now I'm more disappointed that it's wait has caused it to be worked into shows like One Tree Hill... No 5 or 6 year old should be playing that lol.

I love Joy's scene over the phone. It was mad cute. I missed most of it cuz my TV was doing something screwy.. Good episode overall though. Unfortunately I TOTALLY missed the dog thing. I'm glad Haley is getting some storylines.
Ms. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Extreme Fan

I really loved Haley's story tonight. I was sad that she lost her job but was really happy that she stood up for what she believed in. I also loved that Haley was very feisty this episode, the line about the hairy backed bitch() had me rolling espically because of the way she delivered it. The stuff with the organizing the kitchen drawers was also adorable and the last moment with Jamie really got me.

Overall I really enjoyed the episode and I thought Joy did great.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

I forgot to mention the scene in the bar I was dying laughing at that, so awesome!

*Stephanie
anything but simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

I love Haley's scene, but wow.. That girl definitely can talk so fast on the phone even Nathan can understand a word from her.. Love the kitchen when she was organized it.. I'm not sure if she did call the principal hairy or something like that.. Totally love the end w/ Jamie that got me teary... She rocks it..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

I was kind of hoping that Haley's SL would be more prominent, but this is OTH, I shouldn't be surprised. I liked Haley's reasoning for leaving. Standing up for what she believes in, always a good thing. But I really hope she just doesn't end up producing records for the rest of time. Haley James Scott was a musician and knows about the business, yes. But she's so much more than that. Her ability to teach, how she gets through to kids is really amazing. Or like Haley says "When they get it, and that light goes on, I feel good, I feel worthy." I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I've always seen teaching as Haley's profession not music. In the promo it looked like Rimkus (sp?) wants Haley to have her job back, so maybe if she goes about it the right way Haley will take it. I just don't want to see Haley wasting her talents. She can change the world, or at least start with her students.

Hee, the Haley rambling was awesome. Totally reminded me of season 1 Haley when she could not stop talking. Cleaning the kitchen drawers in a time of crisis is so Haley too, and on a random note something I would do too. I mean I didn't have a problem with the Haley scenes tonight. I just wish there were more of them. Haley SL >>>>>> Sam&Jack SL.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Extreme Fan

I actually completely agree with you killed the lights , I've always preferred Haley as a teacher then as a music artist in large part actually due to the line that you posted. I was glad though that they portrayed Haley as a great teacher and that they showed her students respect, her it was really nice to see.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

I kinda had low expectations for this one, for some reason, but I really enjoyed the Haley stuff we got. Her organizing and rambling on to Nathan was so freaking adorable, and felt very S1!Haley to me, too, Shan. I was worried when they showed her in the classroom -- cause as much as I love seeing Haley teach, I don't want to see it in that light. Like, I want her to be able to teach the way she wants, and such. Her speech about doing what is right, and standing up for the truth gave me chills, no joke. And the way she stormed out? Loved it. Probably my favorite scene. And while I'd prefer her teaching, I figured they'd go the music route considering everything. I so loved the snarky remarks we got! The hairy backed bitch part was hilarious! Joy delivered that line perfectly.

And! The Jamie/Haley scene at the end, while kind of silly with Jamie playing the SIMs, totally got to me. I so teared up when Haley did. <3
Reply   Post New Thread