Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Master Fan

Episode Discussion 6.15: Joy/Haley in 'We Change, We Wait'

DECISIONS PLAGUE TREE HILL — Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) and Julian (guest star Austin Nichols) struggle to choose a director for their movie while Peyton (Hilarie Burton) has mixed feelings about a surprise gift from Lucas, and Brooke (Sophia Bush) struggles with relationship issues. Bethany Joy Galeotti, Lee Norris, Antwon Tanner also star. Les Butler directed the episode written by John Norris.
|
my foolish heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Elite Fan

20 minutes in and I already know where this episode is going. Haley's storyline is supporting Nathan's basketball dream. Where's her storyline about HALEY?

But ... that LH scene was cute <3
Old 01-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Master Fan

Well that was a total waste of an hour.

NEW ORLEANS! 8.29.05: Remember. Rebuild. Renew.
Icon Credit: egyptian_pixie
martini1188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

Wow.

Mia please DIAF. Thanks.

bethany joy |
lil souljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

I'm pretty sure the only thing that made the episode semi-worthwhile was Joy's brown leather jacket in the end. That thing was fine.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Extreme Fan

OK so there was like maybe two minutes of Joy. Give or Take. Seriously a big ol' waste of an hour, but her leather jacket was sooo hott. <3 She looked great too.

Icon-Peyton Scott
naleynaley23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

That sucked Usually I can deal because while she doesn't have a storyline at least she is in a bunch of scenes, but that just sucked.

*Stephanie
anything but simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah well, her storyline and scenes are all about Nathan now, or Peyton, or Lucas. Never, ever, about Haley. God forbid her scenes actually be about her!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Master Fan

^God forbid anyone ask Haley how her day is moving along, or what she's up to either. It's always the other way around and Haley going out of her way to accommodate everyone's storylines.

And Nathan's has got to have the most lame storyline known to man. I can't take the basketball arc any longer. We had to endure Slamball and now this cliche mess? No thanks.

bethany joy |
lil souljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

At least there were no Brooke/Haley or Mia/Haley scenes. Its always a plus for me when I can ff through those character's scenes and I can't do that when Haley's in them. Just looking for the positives.

Other characters not asking about Haley's life and Haley not having an individual storyline has been the way this show has rolled for a long time, so I think I'm past the point of complaining about that. I just enjoy seeing Joy on screen, making the most of the scenes she has. Its a true testament of her talent that she can make so much of so little.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh, what a boring waste of an hour. I've given up on Haley ever getting her own storyline.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
fall like stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I just enjoy seeing Joy on screen, making the most of the scenes she has. Its a true testament of her talent that she can make so much of so little.
True, but I also don't want to see an actress with Joy's caliber of talent be wasted. I mean, it's not even fair anymore. The last, what? 6/7 episodes, if even that little, all she's been doing is supporting Nathan. The therapist told Haley to follow her dreams too. Sure we see her playing the piano, and I'm not saying I want her on tour or anything. But, does it kill them to show Haley in a scene in her classroom, that's actually about her teaching and not in some round about way about Brooke or Sam or Quentin? It really can't be that hard. I don't think we Haley fans are asking for much here.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Passionate Fan

^ I agree with everything you said.

Okay, that was boring. But Joy was gorgeous even though she was only on screen for like .02 seconds. Haley really needs a storyline - it is not fair at all and I really don't understand why she doesn't have one!

And a random note: Did anyone notice that ugly shirt Brooke was wearing with the ruffles? It was the ugliest shirt I've ever seen in my life - no joke.

tumblr
haleylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killed the lights (View Post)
True, but I also don't want to see an actress with Joy's caliber of talent be wasted. I mean, it's not even fair anymore. The last, what? 6/7 episodes, if even that little, all she's been doing is supporting Nathan. The therapist told Haley to follow her dreams too. Sure we see her playing the piano, and I'm not saying I want her on tour or anything. But, does it kill them to show Haley in a scene in her classroom, that's actually about her teaching and not in some round about way about Brooke or Sam or Quentin? It really can't be that hard. I don't think we Haley fans are asking for much here.
I agree that they're definitely wasting her talent and while it shouldn't be hard to come up with compelling stories about Haley as an individual, one-half of a popular couple or a mother and have those stories/scenes be about her, for these writers it obvioulsy is. Like I said before...and only speaking for myself...I must have hit the "acceptance" stage, because I'm at a point where I'd rather concentrate on finding the positives in whatever small scenes we have with her. I reserve the right, though, to change my mind and bitch about the injustice in future episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleylove (View Post)
And a random note: Did anyone notice that ugly shirt Brooke was wearing with the ruffles? It was the ugliest shirt I've ever seen in my life - no joke.
This probably isn't the proper place to discuss this in depth, but I completely agree that the shirt was hideaous and very distracting. In general, I've found most of Brooke's wardrobe over the past 2 seasons to be very unflattering, but this might be the worst of all.

At least the wardrobe department has been kind to Joy/Haley this season. She's been looking extra fabulous.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think it is mighty sad that the highlight of each episode, on the Joy/Haley front, is the clothes.

icon: beaked
QuinCess is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread