Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2008, 11:13 PM
Elite Fan

Episode Discussion 5.09: Joy/Haley in "For Tonight You're Only Here To Know."

At the first Raven's basketball game of the season, Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti), Brooke (Sophia Bush), Peyton (Hilarie Burton), Lindsey (guest star Michaela McManus, "The Beautiful Lie") and Mia (guest star musician Kate Voegele) find themselves locked in the Tree Hill High library. Tensions run high as Peyton and Lindsey face off over Lucas (Chad Michael Murray). Brooke tries to stand up for her mother when her friends go on the attack. Haley plays mentor to Mia, who is experiencing the elation and disappointment of fame. Meanwhile, Mouth (Lee Norris), who is covering the game as his first official TV reporting assignment, struggles to find a story. Finally, Lucas and Nathan (James Lafferty) grapple with the decision to tell their loved ones about various indiscretions. Antwon Tanner also stars.

- Bethany Joy
shoots up a flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new episode thread Krys.

I have absolutely no faith in this next episode. All I can hope is that Joy pretty face gets shown a lot, and I'll be happy enough.

bethany joy |
lil souljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

Samantha, I hear you, no faith indeed. It feels as if I am obligated to just try and watch H/NH scenes these days. It is not exactly a nice feeling. Yeah, hmm.

icon: beaked
QuinCess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

Like Lyn said, this show's become more of a burden than an escape from reality. It's sad. But there's nothing we can do, that we haven't already. I'll just sit through it. Meh.

bethany joy |
Old 02-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Passionate Fan

I think there's the potential for some fun things, but I'm not really enjoying the Mia/Haley stuff that much. As is almost always the case with Haley, she's being used to develop someone else rather than the guest star being used to develop her. It doesn't do much for me.

And judging by the promo and sneak peek, I'm going to want to see harm come to Peyton. Extra bitchy Peyton drives me up the wall.
~annie~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting this, Krys!

I'm looking forward to this episode. I hate all the nanny crap, but other than that I've liked the past few episodes.

*Stephanie
anything but simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for this thread Krys!

Mucho Hales tonight = WIN! Joy/Haley totally rocked this epi! Her dancing by the window was so freaking cute, and she did a nice arabesque I must say And she sang Although Kate was in the background, you could still hear Joy singing. I loved her expression in that scene when they were talking about what body parts they would it. I can't remeber exactly what Joy/Haley said at the moment, but her expression was perfect! Man Joy has mega talent.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Master Fan

^ Um yeah she does!!

Thanks for starting the thread, Krys! So besides all the goodness of Joie/Haley tonight, I was kind of bored. I was expecting them to maybe be stuck in the library for only like half the episode. I didn't really like that.

But Joie totally rocked it. Was anyone else freaking out when Haley picked up the guitar! I was literally jumping up and down in my seat screaming "Sing! Sing!" LOL. I was so upset when she handed it to Mia. But I did love that she sang at the end - I totally heard her voice over Mia's. Made me so happy!

And yeah, her dancing by the window was so cute! She really does just continually amaze me.

Oh and my roommate and I decided that Jamie needs his own show. Well Jamie and Haley. And Nathan can come, I guess...
|
my foolish heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

Jamie does need his own show, Kylie And I was freaking out when she picked up the guitar too. I was hoping she would start playing, it looked like she was about to but then she didn't

I loved this episode. Joy singing with Kate was awesome, the 2 of them should do a duet, they sound great together. I loved her little bit of dancing, and she looked awesome. I think this was my favorite episode since the premiere, I really liked it.

*Stephanie
anything but simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

I loved this episode for Joy.

Joy with a guitar? Joy dancing? Joy acting goofy? WIN.

See, I love when I expect complete and utter crap and Joy makes it worlds better. An episode is so much sweeter that way

Haley is the most awesomest, logical, caring, courageous and all that good stuff.

bethany joy |
Old 02-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But Joie totally rocked it. Was anyone else freaking out when Haley picked up the guitar! I was literally jumping up and down in my seat screaming "Sing! Sing!" LOL. I was so upset when she handed it to Mia.
*raises hand* ME ME ME! For reals I was like freaking out like OMG OMG is she going to sing OMG! Then she handed it to Mia and I was all poo =(. But she sang towards the end and her voice was amazing as usual

Joy/Haley really owned tonight, I'm so happy right now! I loved what everyone said about her too Sam, such true facts.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

^ Same here! Every episode that music is involved I tell my roommate that I wish Joy would just finally sing again.. and tonight it finally happened! I was freaking out, but hello, it's Joy. Gah and her voice was just so pretty.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:48 PM
Elite Fan

Tonight's episode was incredible. It was nice to finally watch something that didn't make me want to shut myself away and never watch again for once.

I loved when Haley calmed Lindsey down when she was getting all claustrophibic. It was sweet. And after Tim (eeeeeeeTimTime!) showed them how to get out, I love that Haley ran to stop the door from shutting all the wya, just in case.
Ellie
then you must kiss me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Supreme Fan

I loved parts of this episode! other parts were eh, but can we just take a moment to admire the most adorable kid in the world!!!! (go Jamie, Go Jamie)

I love that kid! he was the cutest thing! wrapping his wrists, mimicking Quentin, listening to rap music, getting his own uniform, and walking in with the team had me squealing so much! I can't wipe the smile off my face even as I type this!!!

Loved Joy tonight! I though she looked GORGEOUS!!! As I watched this episode I kept thinking I CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE ICONS!!! Her dance moves= amazing! Loved it when they were talking about eating Brooke and she was all like "yea Brooke we're hungry" loved it! Loved how when she was singing she was reading Les Miserables! and the fact that she sang!!!! eek!!!

I was glad the brought back Tim! that was funny! and I love the shot of the boys walking through the door in the beginning looking all sexy!

I was fed up with all the Lindsey/Peyton drama. enough, we all know Lucas is gonna end up with Peyton anyway.

I hope Nathan tells Haley next week about the Nanny whore!
and the promo makes it seem like Dan is gonna kidnap Jamie and is psycho now! I swear the writers love making people seem crazy ever since Psycho Derek. but I like having Dan in the storyline, because he brings a lot of funny thins to the show, so I hope he does come back, but I don't think he deserves to get out of jail, so I'm torn about next week!
Old 02-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

I loved Joy in this eppy, she was just relaxed and cute.

I agree im fed up with the whole peyton and lindsey drama, and alot of people are putting haley in between them and if she defends lindsey shes bad, if she tells peyton that shes doing wrong, shes bad. I feel they are getting mad because haleys doing the right thing.

But other then that drama i loved her screen time, her lines and just her joyness! I loved haley and tim together, and just seeing her face when he told her his sons name is nathan..cute. Funny how lucas and nathan got kids named after them

I just hope carrie is out soon, though i know she wont leave without a bang, but i just miss old naley. The good lovable naley, we havent had a descent kiss or hug or moment for these two since season 4...ya we got a little peck here and there, yet add them together it doesnt add up to one whole kiss.

We deff are being cheated out and getting teased with the non naley we have...sucks.

Put i deff have hope Hopefully season 6 will just be loving naley!