Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 02:05 AM
Elite Fan

Episode Discussion 5.08: Joy/HJS in "Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want."

Peyton (Hilarie Burton) admits her true feelings to Lucas (Chad Michael Murray). Brooke (Sophia Bush) makes a play for Owen (guest star Joe Manganiello, "ER") and Mouth (Lee Norris) tries to convince Millicent (guest star Lisa Goldstein) he's a better man than she thinks he is. Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) wrestles with whether or not to reveal information that could ruin Lucas' relationship, and Nathan (James Lafferty) is put in a position that could spell the end of his marriage. Lucas and Skills (Antwon Tanner) face the coaching prospect of playing their season opener at a disadvantage.

- Bethany Joy
shoots up a flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread Krys.

bethany joy |
lil souljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Supreme Fan

eek! 2 minutes!
Old 02-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting this thread Krys!

So not much Haley tonight, but she did look stunning. Her hair was so gorg tonight and her outfit so cute.

I'm going to comment more later when I can see clips and get my thoughts all straight. Because when I watch the episode the first time for me it all has to sink in and then I watch the Joy/Haley parts over and really look into them. Is that weird? LOL I hope not, thats what I do though
Old 02-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Master Fan

I'm annoyed pretty much at the lack of Haley and NH. Just big BLAH to it all. I thought her reaction to the LP kiss was realistic and it was interesting to see how conflicted she was with it all. I'm not at all invested in LP, so as an objective viewer, I thought her comment to Peyton was spot on.

And um, yeah. Barely any Haley/Jamie. This episode pretty much sucked, tbh.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
so as an objective viewer, I thought her comment to Peyton was spot on.
Word. IMO Haley was right, Peyton said she wasn't back for Lucas, clearly she was. And she kissed him when he is clearly with another woman. Frankly I'm tired of Haley being pulled in all directions in this LLP triangle fiasco. She has her own problems to deal with and she shouldn't have to be worrying about if Lucas is cheating on Lindsey, because Haley is friends with all 3 of them and she knows Lindsey does NOT deserve that.

Yeah and barely any HJ and NH. A cute HJ eskimo and a NH hug will not do the trick. But what I did love was Haleys scene in bed with Nathan when she told him she was sorry. Her eyes .. GAH, IDK how she does it, but you can feel shes sorry in her eyes. Joy is too freaking good.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

It seems that most of Haleys scenes deal with LLP stuff and not enough of her own. Im sad that we aren't seeing enough NHJ or any HJ scenes. Even with the story line with Mia we still aren't getting much. I love the scenes she does have though.

icon by:Endless Fighter
Powerfulluv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:56 AM
Master Fan

Ok so I just so the clips and I disagree with most of you Nathan's reaction to Carrie wasn't that stern but he was pretty clear with her and I'm proud of Nathan for that and the fact that at the end Haley told Nathan some things are better if there are keeping secret (or someting like this) made Nathan not tell her about the kiss but as for me I saw Nathan very nervous and about to tell her....The kiss wasn't even a kiss for me and it's definitely not cheating because there were no reaction in Nathan's part and he was more uncomfortable than anything else. Nathan not firing Carrie right away is dumb but he's doing that for Haley I mean she is barely at home because she is finally doing something she likes and he doesn't want to take that away from her. I'm suprised about this episode because it wasn't half as bad as I think it would be.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Maud&Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:50 AM
Elite Fan

I am not liking what they've done to Haley this season. Unfortuntely, K-Fed's charrie's comment last week about the granny panties about sums up Haley this season to me. Once again this week they dressed her in frumpy loose fitting clothes. It's like, okay, we get it, that nanny's supposed ot be hot. They don't have to downplay Joy's beauty so much.

As for everything her charrie is doing... I'm glad she apologized to Nathan about yelling at him. He had every right to attack K-Fed for slapping his wife's butt. I LOVED that Haley was Lucas's number one. I thought it was the sweetest thing ever. Too bad she was still in pissed mode and didn't get to appreciate it. And I think that even though Haley said some things are better left unsaid, Nathan should have told her that Carrie kissed him. No, he didn't kiss her back, and no, he didn't seem to enjoy it or want more of it in any way. But theyr'e lettign that woman take care of their child and be in their house, and they need to get her out.
Ellie
then you must kiss me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread