Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

Episode Discussion 5.01/5.02: Joy in "4 Years, 6 Months, 2 Days"/"Racing Like A Pro."

5.01: "4 Years, 6 Months, 2 Days"

SEASON PREMIERE FINDS THE CHARACTERS FOUR YEARS IN THE FUTURE — Four years after the season four finale, Tree Hill is a new place. Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) is a struggling writer who is about to embark on a new coaching career with Skills (Antwon Tanner). Peyton (Hilarie Burton) is at the beginning of a budding music venture, while Brooke's (Sophia Bush) fashion line is at a crossroads. Meanwhile, Nathan (James Lafferty) and Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) are young parents trying to find their way. Much has changed in four years, but in many ways, the journey is just beginning. Lee Norris also stars. Greg Prange directed the episode written by Mark Schwahn.

5.02: "Racing Like A Pro"

THE GROUP GATHERS TO SUPPORT JAMIE AT HIS RACE — Tensions run high as Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) must face his past and choose his future, while he discovers the demands of being the coach of the Tree Hill Ravens. Haley's (Bethany Joy Galeotti) decision to hire a nanny (guest star Torrey DeVitto, "Beautiful People") brings much-needed help into their home, while her first day of teaching turns out differently from what she expects. Jamie (guest star Jackson Brundage) sets his sights on a Soap Box derby race and enlists Skills (Antwon Tanner) to help him out. Meanwhile, Mouth's (Lee Norris) excitement about his new job is tempered by his demanding new boss. James Lafferty, Hilarie Burton and Sophia Bush also star. Paul Johansson directed the episode written by Mark Schwahn.

- Bethany Joy
shoots up a flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for getting the thread started and topped for us Krys.

bethany joy |
lil souljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Elite Fan

Aww, no worries, sweets!

I've missed seeing her on screen so freaking much! So, I'm just... ready? Ya know! I have no doubt she's going to rock. From the promo clip we've seen of her, it looks like she really might have some material that allows her to stretch! I so want that. I'm looking forward to seeing how her stuff plays out.

I'm on the West Coast, so, many of you are going to get to see it and gush about it before me! So jealous. LOL.

- Bethany Joy
shoots up a flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for this thread!

I don't post too often, but I had forgotten how excited I get when it comes to seeing Joy do her thing. Hopefully the episode is worth the wait.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Joy was awesome in these episodes I loved her voiceover at the end, and her scenes with Jamie were so cute, I loved the little eskimo kisses in one part She totally rocked all of her stuff It's so good to have her back on the TV screen wit new stuff.

*Stephanie
anything but simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

GAH her voiceover OMG Amazingg. She is just phonomenal! I'll post my clearer thoughts later, thier all jumbled now. Joy was just fantastic tonight, shw owns all
Old 01-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Supreme Fan

I agree I Loved the eskimo kiss too!!! but my channel blacked out for like five minutes at the end and I missed a lot!!! So Pissed! but my mom called and told me a little bit, but I can't wait until it goes online!!!

Joy is AMAZING!!!! and I agree with Quentin! She has a fine ass! lol

Love the show and I think it is completely different!! bu I'm excited to see it change and grow and I'm anticipating character growth!!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Wow how amazing was Joy? And she got a voiceover! That was incredible.
naleyrocks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Supreme Fan

I have seriously not loved any OTH episode as much as I loved tonight. That, right there, is why I fell in love with this show. I loved every moment. I loved the Laley scenes, seeing how close they still are. Naley freaking broke my heart, but through it all I could still see their love for each other. And OMG, Jamie, totally my newest love. That boy is the perfect person for Naley's son. He's just a perfect blend. Too amazing. I'm seriously in awe.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm sad! We just switched to Dish Network and apparently the CW isn't on our list of channels!!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Elite Fan

Edit: Nevermind, I found them

*Stephanie

Last edited by anything but simple; 01-08-2008 at 11:44 PM
anything but simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Joy owns. She's just so talented and puts so much into her performance as Haley. I felt for her in every single scene tonight. She never ceases to blow me away. Also, was happy to see that the credits were the same as last year. Heh.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Joy was so amazing. There aren't enough words to describe how great she was. I wasn't sure if I was going to like the 4 year skip thing but it turned out to be worth it. I loved all of Joy's scenes with Jackson, he was so cute.

All in all, two great episodes.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:06 AM
Total Fan

Wow. She was unreal! She did such an amazing job in each and every scene. I can't say that I'm surprised by that though..lol! The fight with Nathan,(as much as it pained me to see) was a great scene between. Joy went all out and I thought she did a wonderful job, it just broke my heart to see her like that. Jamie/Jackson has got to be the most adorable kid ever! Love his scenes with everyone, and I love that everyone is helping out and how close they all are with him! His scenes with Haley were just... So great! Loved the teacher storyline, and her stepping up at the end and the speech she gave was just perfect. I'm really pleased with the episodes all together, and I definitely didn't mind the jump one bit. Just so glad to have Joy back!

oth4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Extreme Fan

The best thing about these episodes was that for what has to be the first time ever, NH were presented with a problem where there was no clear cut ‘bad guy.’ It’s not like in S2 when we had no idea what Haley was doing or feeling or in S4 when we knew what Nathan was doing but we had no idea why. Right now, I feel like I know exactly what NH are doing and why they are doing it, and so I can sympathize with both of them. So for now I’m not concerning myself too much with who is more in the right or who hurt the other more, because it is a definite improvement. Of course, we’ll see how long it lasts, but for now…

Jamie is an adorable little kid and interacted really well with everyone. Though aside from his parents, I really enjoyed him with Skills. They were so cute together!

I’m pretty much over and done with ranting about the things on the show I don’t like, but I want to mention this because it’s a new one for me: I really didn’t like Peyton. I usually save my grievances for Brooke, but she was out whined last night. There were two times that almost saved her scenes for me, the first being when she quit her job, but then she went and ruined that with a pretentious and odd speech about why people go to clubs. WTF. The second time was when she was giving Nathan grief for his self pity, but again, it was ruined because it came from the one character who had also been feeling sorry for herself thus far and it just seemed really hypocritical. IDK… I was unimpressed.
Reply   Post New Thread