Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2009, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Board Recustomization

Hi everyone,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of customizing message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture suggestions or colour ideas, please post them on this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible.

Your suggestions for possible colors and pictures will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customized look possible, the final decision concerning how this board will be customized will be made by the members of the Graphics Team, because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colors fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customization process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or ask them on the message board customization thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customized.

Note: It usually takes less than 2 weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When we have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic & colours get put up, it will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Jen
Old 04-28-2009, 05:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

Aww, lovely! I adore the current colour scheme and the pictures, but a little change most definitely won't hurt.

I have two suggestions for pictures (two photo shoots):

Bjoyweb.net GALLERY | #1 source for Joy pictures - Session #8 - for these photos, a timeless colour scheme would be lovely, like pastel colours. Perhaps light grey shades with a purple font?

Bjoyweb.net GALLERY | #1 source for Joy pictures - Session #13 - this photoshoot is really professional, brown nuances would fit really well.

icon: beaked

Last edited by QuinCess; 04-28-2009 at 05:32 AM
QuinCess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww I am so sad to see this pretty graphic go but I will definitely post some pics. Personally I would love same kind of colors that we have now. Bright and pastel like and itr would fit into Joy's personality IMO. HEE!

heart packed in ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:44 AM
Elite Fan

What a surprise! The Graphics Team did an amazing job with our layout the last time, it's so pretty, I look forward to the same this time. Thanks, guys.

I'm going to start scouring pictures now and then jump on posting. Thank you.

One thing I'm really hoping we can do, like one of my biggest hopes is stay with color, either keep the idea of pastels or go brighter, or totally bright. I would really appreciate that. I'm not really as much of a fan of the neutral (Browns, etc) idea for this board.

Our girl is named Joy. I'd love if our board colors were the ones and type that we usually hear being associated with joyous, happy, and outgoing. LOL.

- Bethany Joy
shoots up a flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^I definitely agree, Krys. I always loved the colors of this board and I know a lot of others did too so I think most would like bright colors or the same kind that it has now. And like you said, it fits with Joy herself the most.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Elite Fan

I think I'm going to start with this set: Find it here!

Most or all of these should be HQ, right, C? So, GT has a lot of options to get the best angles, vantage points, and get the best shots if they went in this direction? Jen, I think all you need to do is follow the link, and then once you do that, click on the picture to get it in HQ. Let us know if the link to any of the sets or the pictures within those sets don't show up for you.

Like this picture, this, this, this, this, this, and so on. We can post more and other specific pictures from this set, too.

Joy at the CW Upfronts. There are so many amazing shots and angles captured of her here, and she looks absolutely amazing. This would probably be one of my top choices of photos, if not my top.

And, along with pastel or bright, as the preference, what about jewel tones as a possibility, guys? Just, not... Dark, neutral, or dingy colored looking, you guys think?

So, starting here. I'll go grab some of the other picture ideas I have, and those pictures, too.

- Bethany Joy

Last edited by shoots up a flare; 04-28-2009 at 09:51 AM
Old 04-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Elite Fan

I love this color scheme, I do not want to see it go

If we had to change colors I would like pastels or shades close to the ones already here, bright colors are nice if you're only on the board for 2 minutes, but if they're too bright they cause massive headaches when you stay on the board and post for a while.

I'll look through pics later and start posting some ideas too.

*Stephanie
anything but simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am with you guys on not having dark colors. Personally, I am not a big fan of them and I don't think it would fit overall at the Joy board as a whole. And like many others, I love this color scheme too.

The Gap Color event is an awesome idea and could work well with pastel colors, also I am a big fan of the upfronts too along with the events taking place during the CW upfronts, like the shopping ones. I assume we can choose appearances and not only photo shoots?

Old 04-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

I rather to see appearance than photo shoot because you can see that she look so carefree and being herself in appearance than photo shoots.. I want something simple, but edgy color that can fit her personality.. Something like that.. I just suggest that..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Elite Fan

^^Carefree and bright. That would be a great way to express what I'd love to see captured.

It doesn't have to be "too" bright, that it's a nuisance, that's not really what I'm wanting, either. Bright that leans towards pastel, maybe? Or, what if I just say something warm? That might be a better way to say it. I'm personally just thinking, or really hoping, at least, just bright enough to keep us from some of those really dark greens, browns, anything poopy or pea looking colors. That's more my objective to steer clear of. Yikes. LOL.

If we stick to a pastel, I really think the colors of the Reese Witherspoon Board... Something like that, even something similar might be super pretty. A cream, what about considering a peach, something in that color family. Thoughts? Is this too light or cream, guys?

Reese's Board

Yes, C! The Gap Color would allow for us to have any kind of color, really, and Joy looks gorge. Are you going to link pictures? Or, do you want me to?

- Bethany Joy

Last edited by shoots up a flare; 04-28-2009 at 10:54 AM
Old 04-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like it! It's bright and welcoming! I also love the Sarah Wayne Callies colors: Here

Old 04-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by joypiter (View Post)
I like it! It's bright and welcoming! I also love the Sarah Wayne Callies colors: Here
Whoa, that's gorgeous. Still colorful, still welcoming and fun, not overbearing. Something that creates that vibe would be amazing, I think!

I'm totally down with purple, maybe just different shades, hues, color combos? That would be an awesome option.

- Bethany Joy

Last edited by shoots up a flare; 04-28-2009 at 10:55 AM
Old 04-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Moderator Support Team

I actually love Sarah Wayne Callies color.. Something that give us vibe that want to come in here all the time or something like that... As long it can be carefree and bright that what UDflyer say (sorry that I didn't know your name)... But Joy can be bubbly or smiley all the time or whatever since we saw her in interviews...

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Elite Fan

I do like the colors of the SWC board, but I don't think the Reese Witherspoon board colors are as fitting for this board.

I really like the colors at the Rachel Bilson board, the Emma Watson board, and the Kristen Bell board I think pink and green would be nice colors for this board, or maybe pink and a nice shade of brown? I remember hearing somewhere that Joy likes the combination of pink and brown, so I tend to use those colors when I'm doing her b-day projects and stuff, so I think those might be nice colors for the board.

*Stephanie
anything but simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Elite Fan

Is Joy's favorite color purple? I thought it was at one point, but, maybe that's inaccurate on my part in thinking that. Either way, I'd like the idea of something in that family. Purple or pink/peach, etc.

Steph- If you want to suggest that we use colors that Joy tends to like, that's cool and a good idea, put them out there, and I'm sure people will say whether they feel they're a good fit for the board. Everyone's opinion is more than welcome, and the more ideas the better.

Edit: Huh. My response is to a comment that's not there anymore. Sorry about that.

I don't like the green undercurrent on either the Rachel or the Kristen Board, as a fit for this one. And, we've kind of done the teal/green mixed with a pastel with this current layout, and I'd kind of like to steer clear of any kind of pea, mint, etc type colors in general, but that's JMO. I guess my thoughts on brown would depend, but as a whole, I'm pretty leery, but I'm down with keeping an open mind if I see some examples that are made of awesome. I think I'd like the idea of pink and tan, but I don't know about pink and brown, maybe that would be cool, I'd have to see it. I'll go on the hunt. LOL.

I don't know if I'd prefer the color scheme of Reese's Board to Emma's, or not, but Emma's isn't a misfit for this board, I wouldn't think, not at all. It's pretty. Agreed on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlyshorty85 (View Post)
I actually love Sarah Wayne Callies color.. Something that give us vibe that want to come in here all the time or something like that... As long it can be carefree and bright that what UDflyer say (sorry that I didn't know your name)
Krystal.

- Bethany Joy

Last edited by shoots up a flare; 04-28-2009 at 12:25 PM
Reply   Post New Thread