Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Southland Episode discussion thread: Season 5, Episode 1: "Hats and Bats"

Season 5, Episode 1
Episode Synopsis: Season 5 opens with John at odds with his new trainee, a veteran from Afghanistan. Meanwhile, Lydia tries to juggle motherhood and detective work; Ben associates with a shady band of cops; and Sammy gets caught up in a nightmarish custody battle. Original Air Date: Feb 13, 2013
Guest Cast Derek Ray: Gary Steele Emily Bergl: Tammi Chad Michael Murray: Mendoza

Source.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Southland season 5 discussion thread #1:

This thread is a open discussion thread about the Season 5 of Southland, please respect others opinions.

Southland Episode:

"Hats and Bats"

Season 5, Episode 1
Episode Synopsis: Season 5 opens with John at odds with his new trainee, a veteran from Afghanistan. Meanwhile, Lydia tries to juggle motherhood and detective work; Ben associates with a shady band of cops; and Sammy gets caught up in a nightmarish custody battle. Original Air Date: Feb 13, 2013[/CENTER]
Guest Cast Chad Michael Murray: Mendoza Emily Bergl: Tammi Derek Ray: Gary Steele

"Heat"
Season 5, Episode 2
Episode Synopsis: Ben investigates when Mendoza is injured in a drive-by incident. Meanwhile, Lydia probes the slaying of a female boxer's husband, and friction reaches the breaking point between John and Steele. Original Air Date: Feb 20, 2013
Guest Cast Derek Ray: Gary Steele Chad Michael Murray: Mendoza

"Babel"

Season 5, Episode 3
Episode Synopsis: LAPD's dispatch system breaks down. Meanwhile, Lydia contacts her old beau; John gets a new partner; Ben and Sammy's partnership is tested; and Ben finds romance on the job. Original Air Date: Feb 27, 2013
Guest Cast Michael Jace: Terrell

"Under the Big Top"
Season 5, Episode 4
Episode Synopsis: Lydia pursues a killer who cooked a victim; John and Lucero bond as they respond to bizarre calls and challenges; Ben and Sammy track bank robbers. Original Air Date: Mar 6, 2013
Guest Cast Anthony Ruivivar: Off. Henry Lucero [/CENTER]

"Off Duty"

Season 5, Episode 5
Episode Synopsis: John mulls over the life he'll have once he leaves the LAPD; Lydia bonds with a man she sent to death row in the past; an annoyed Sammy becomes a tabloid celebrity in the wake of a heroic act; Ben makes a questionable decision while tracking a drug dealer. Original Air Date: Mar 13, 2013

Source;

Last edited by swedish_girl80; 03-04-2013 at 12:43 PM
swedish_girl80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
-Michal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan

I still have only seen the first episode of S5, but I heard the 3rd episode is really good and that Ben gets shot in the ear or something.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
that Ben gets shot in the ear or something.
Wow
Old 04-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Master Fan

Season 5 Episode 8 discussion

Sherman's behavior at the last 15 minutes were horible. He shold have know that Nate is in the Sammy's house. Now Tammy will use Ben's actions against Sammy, because she will use everything to take away Nate from Sammy. In the next episode Tammy will probably say "Sammy is a cop and he can't take care of our baby. Sammy left Nate in the house with one babysitter and someone break into his house end beat up the babysitter. Nate is lucky that he didn't got hurt."
Actually maybe this wasn't Ben's fault, because Sammy confront/pissed off some gangster, and the gangster as revenge break in Sammy's house and beat the babysitter.
I dont know if Sherman's man or Anti-Sammy's gangster (who wanted to get revenge on Sammy) break the Sammy's house and beat up Nate's babysitter.

Last edited by Didi; 04-08-2013 at 11:04 AM
Didi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I´ll have to watch and see what you talking about
Old 04-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Master Fan

Season 5 Episode 9 and 10 discussion

It was very dramatic last 2 episode. They have to do new season. They can't leave Ben, Sammy and Cooper like that.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So guys now when I´m off for a week of work I´ll try and watch Southland
Old 04-29-2013, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

I only saw half of this season. I hate S5. I hate to say this but... I don't really care if this show gets renewed. I'm over Southland. I hope The Advocates is successful.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBabe (View Post)
I only saw half of this season. I hate S5. I hate to say this but... I don't really care if this show gets renewed. I'm over Southland. I hope The Advocates is successful.
Theresa, you should watch the rest of the season. You will be surprised/shocked by few things. Please watch and give a comment.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't really care if this show gets renewed. I'm over Southland. I hope The Advocates is successful.
I´m with you TC
Old 04-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedish_girl80 (View Post)
I´m with you TC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexydidi16 (View Post)
Theresa, you should watch the rest of the season. You will be surprised/shocked by few things. Please watch and give a comment.
I didn't see all of the first 5 episodes (I saw episodes 1, 3, and 5) so I actually did see a couple of the later episodes (8 and 10) and didn't like them. I didn't see 9, but heard it was really intense, but it was all about Cooper, who I don't care about so I'll watch it eventually just for Ben but I'm not that interested. I feel that they completely ruined Ben's character and even some of the other characters. The only character they wrote well is Cooper, and he was my least favorite. Ben McKenzie is a great actor, but he deserves better IMHO.
Reply   Post New Thread