Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Southland Episode discussion thread: Season 4, Episode 08: "God's Work"

Season 4, Episode 8

Episode Synopsis: Lydia and Ruben probe the death of a nanny. In an alarming investigative snag, the children who were in her care have gone missing. Meanwhile, Ben's efforts to help a prostitute with a daughter backfire; and John corners Tang about coming clean about a past shooting. Original Air Date: Mar 6, 2012.

Southland Episode Guide 2012 Season 4 - God's Work, Episode 8 | TVGuide.com
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
-Michal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks
Old 03-07-2012, 05:13 AM
Supreme Fan

Awesome episode!!!

First, I thgought Ben looked great in this episode, especially in the begining scene in the grey tee. He also looked great when he put his hoodie on and leather jacket!

Yes, flashbacks to Ryan Atwood!!! Ben was great!!

I loved when Sammy pulled up and got Ben and put him in the car. He knew exactly what Ben was going to do. Intense scene with Ben beating up the pimp!! He still was very intense in the car with Sammy. Poor Ben. Some people just don't want to help themselves and they can. She could have bought the 2 bus tickets and her and her daughter could have escaped that life.

Wow! Jessica, I thought she was going to come clean! Poor Cooper beating himself over it.

So now we know who Lydia's baby's Dad is. I am a little sick of her story line this season. I am enjoying her and Ruben together as partners.
krisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know what to say really. Ben McKenzie owned with his intensity. When he was in the car with Sammy after beating up the pimp, I swear - he looked like he was about to cry towards the end there and all I could think was, "Poor guy! He needs a hug!"

I think Ben is suffering from PTSD. He's showing strong signs of it. He never got over what happened to him and his mother when he was a kid and now every time a situation even remotely reminds him of his mother, he loses it completely. He's not emotionally stable at the moment. I think he needs some time off work and should get some therapy to help him through this. This is not the first time he screws up on the job for similar reasons. He did in Discretion (S3 episode 3) too. He's mentioned having nightmares before and I doubt he stopped having them based on how he behaved in this episode. Even in U-Boat (S2 episode 3) he had difficulty keeping himself together aftr watching that girl's stalker ex-boyfriend kill her.

I'm glad Sammy has his back again.

When Ben looked in the mirror, it was haunting and eerie. I didn't think he looked good. I thought he looked like he was dying inside and questioning who he is - maybe even comparing himself to his father or blaming himself for something, which is a good thing because it was great acting.

As for Lydia... MEH! Pregnant with the child of a married man and won't even tell him? No respect at the moment!

I have no opinion of Tang. I'm tired of her already.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Much better than last week! Keep it up, Southland!
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
-Michal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Loyal Fan

I liked this week episode, if only for more screen time for Ben. No, seriously for me it was a very good episode and I'm looking forward to the next. Ben definetely needs some help.
And I liked they also showed Coopers despair, it all went to smoothly in the first episodes.