Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Southland Episode discussion thread: Season 4, Episode 05: "Legacy"

Southland Episode: "Legacy":

Southland Episode Guide 2012 Season 4 - Legacy, Episode 5 | TVGuide.com

Season 4, Episode 5

A case turns personal for John when he tries to save a suicidal teen; Sammy's attempt to transform a former drug addict into an informant comes back to haunt him; a person from Tang's past arrives; and Lydia and Ruben scrutinize a home invasion. Original Air Date: Feb 14, 2012
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
-Michal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks hon
Old 02-15-2012, 05:01 AM
Supreme Fan

I thought this episode was much better than last weeks.

I like Ruben just talks about Lydia being pregnant now even without her saying anything to him. He really does know his partner. I am still curious to who the Daddy is.

Ben and Sammy were pretty funny this episode. I really thought that girl was going to be pregnant and it was Ben's! OMG! That was a good prank from Sammy. And the hand holding in the hospital, LOL, very funny too!!

Tang and Cooper were really great this episode! I thought their storyline was very personal and well executed. I am enjoying seeing them as partners. This was the first time Cooper admitted he was gay, right? I think Sherman and Tang knew, but didn't say anything.
krisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

I liked this episode, but not as much as the first two.

The Cooper stuff was good, although he's not one of my favorite characters. It was interesting to see him talk about his sexuality in such a direct way for the first time. It's sad that kid still ended up jumping. I'm glad Cooper got his celebration, and Tang seems to really respect him now.

I thought the pranks were funny.

I admittedly wasn't that turned on by naked!Sammy. Sorry to all the ladies who I know went screaming when they saw that.

My favorite scene has got to be the one where Ben thinks he got that waitress pregnant. His face was priceless. And is it just me or did he look incredibly gorgeous in that scene? His face, his eyes, his hair was perfection in that scene.

I admit I was hoping he'd do something stupid like propose to her.

The scene where he's trying to get the patient to squeeze his hand was also funny, although I think Sammy's pranks were quite mean and I don't necessarily agree with anybody taking advantage of hospital equipment and staff to do a prank because it's such a volatile area and having grown up in the hospital environment, I just feel it's a bit disrespectful. Yes, I know that probably sounds prudish, and I really like Sammy - but in real life, I would have found that action offensive probably. But I'd also find it forgivable, of course.

I hope those birds crapped in Sammy's car. He deserved it in my opinion. But I enjoyed seeing them mess with each other. All in all, I'd say Sammy definitely outpranked Ben, but Ben was just being innocent and playful - that's why his pranks were so silly.

And I love Ben's chill attitude. He doesn't take himself seriously. He just kind of goes with the flow.

I'm still not interested in the pregnancy storyline. Of course, I want to know who the father is, but beyond that, Lydia has hit boring status for me in these episodes, which is unfortunate because I love Regina King.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Absolute Fan

I sooo want to watch this episode, but am experiencing major problems with the normal website I use. Will have to hunt for another!

Big thanks to Kris and TC for their posts - you are both fab
grahad8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Blah, I didn't like this episode at all.

Ben and Sammy's scenes were really cool and all but there was not enough of them.

Lydia's storyline was boring.

Cooper's storyline was good but, Cooper is not the reason I watch this show...
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
Old 02-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Michal- (View Post)
Cooper's storyline was good but, Cooper is not the reason I watch this show...
Agreed.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:59 AM
Absolute Fan

I loved this episode.

Ben & Sammy's pranks were hilarious.

TC- I thought of you the whole time when the waitress said she was pregnant with Ben's baby. I was like, 'oh my god, TC is getting what she wanted, Ben to have a one night stand and get the girl pregnant'

Lydia's storyline was a bit boring, but I thought it was funny when she said, "I'm hormonal and I've got a gun, don't mess with me".

Cooper isn't my favourite but I really liked him this episode, and his scenes were great. I really like that the writers decided to cover gay teens and suicide.

Can't wait for next weeks episode!
Old 02-17-2012, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Ben & Sammy's pranks were hilarious.
They taped his locker door
Old 02-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^So did you finally watched it?
Reply   Post New Thread