Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2011, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Southland Episode discussion thread: Season 3, Episode 9:"Failure Drill"

Episode Synopsis:

John's drug issue worsens as Ben approaches the end of his training. Elsewhere, Lydia is involved in a shoot-out while preoccupied with a teenage victim; and Sammy focuses on fatherhood.

Original Air Date: Mar 1, 2011

Source;

Old 02-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread Hanna.
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
-Michal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT hanna

can't wait till tomorrow
Old 03-01-2011, 04:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You welcome

I can´t believe we only have two more episodes left
Old 03-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedish_girl80 (View Post)
I can´t believe we only have two more episodes left
i know i don't want it to end
Old 03-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

My thoughts on tonight's episode can be summed up into 3 words:

BEN WAS HILARIOUS!

Love love LOVED him in this episode. He had some priceless facial expressions, especially in the first part.

"We'll call you if we find any... uteruses."

Ben trying to teach how to use a car seat!

I also loved that he stood up to John finally. His speech to John was great. I love how he was reminding him of what John taught him and indicating that John was no longer taking his own advice.

John was crazy when he broke open that old guy's car window. I know he's in pain, but geez! That can't possibly be the way you're supposed to handle a situation like that. I loved Ben's incredulous expression in that scene.

Lydia was AMAZING in this episode! I loved that she shot the sniper guy twice in the chest and then in the head. Such an intense scene! I loved how she used Josie's cell phone as a distraction.

It was pretty funny that Lydia's date was Josie's son. I hope Josie gets better fast. I'm glad they're not getting rid of her. I like her.

I love Sammy, but I think the Sammy & Tammy stuff was boring this episode, although I do think it's sweet that he's taking charge and fixing up the room for his unborn son.

I felt really bad for that 16 year old kid and his two siblings (the one whose father killed their mother and whose aunt is reluctant to take them in).
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 03-01-2011 at 10:24 PM
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBabe (View Post)
My thoughts on tonight's episode can be summed up into 3 words:

BEN WAS HILARIOUS!

Love love LOVED him in this episode. He had some priceless facial expressions, especially in the first part.

"We'll call you if we find any... uteruses."

Ben trying to teach how to use a car seat!

I also loved that he stood up to John finally. His speech to John was great. I love how he was reminding him of what John taught him and indicating that John was no longer taking his own advice.

John was crazy when he broke open that old guy's car window. I know he's in pain, but geez! That can't possibly be the way you're supposed to handle a situation like that. I loved Ben's incredulous expression in that scene.
yes i agree he was so funny

i love that he stood up to john he needed to do that a long time ago, but im glad he did it now hopefully john will listen to him
Old 03-02-2011, 04:58 AM
Supreme Fan

ITA, TC! DH and I LOL for a good portion of the episode. I almost felt bad for laughing so much!

Ben and John were just awesome together!! I loved their "off the record" conversation. Ben going at John with his own words from the pilot episode were very moving.

Ben teaching the women about the car seats was painful! He had no clue! The woman who told them a cop broke in and stole her uterus. LMAO.

Lydia was great in the warehouse scene. She had a plan with Josie's cell phone. I know after the 2 shots to the chest didn't work she would take the P2's advice and go for the head.

I kind of liked Tammy/Sammy in this episode. Very sweet that he will have a room for his son in his place and they will cooridnate his room. Nice that he read up on it. I also liked the part when he brought Nate's kids swing set to Tammy's and the 2 guys pulled it out of the truck together. They are learning that it is all for the kid regardless of the parents feelings for one another. Also, I thought it was pretty funny when Sammy asked how she found him and she told him the find a friend ap or something like that and he is like Tammy, I am a gang detective, I can't have a find a friend ap on my phone. LOL. Same old Tammy.

Very touching scene in the hospital with Lydia and Josie.

How funny was it when Lydia's date showed up as Josie's son? LMAO!
krisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ben had so many funny scenes in this episode. I especially loved the scene where he was teaching those women how to use a car seat for their baby and the doll fell down lol.

Poor John, he's really deteriorating and poor Ben for having to deal with him.

Lydia and Josie were awesome in this week episode, I really hope that if Southland will get a S4 Josie would stay as Lydia's partner.

I liked Sammy's storyline, I'm glad that he and Tammy are getting a long and working together for the baby.
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

I really liked this episode!
John's pain killed me but Ben was great to tell him what he thought about his problem.
I loved when he repeated the quote "Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp" that John said to him the first day.
Ben had some funny scenes, like the one where he tried to explain how using a car seat
Roxuccia12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope John will get some help.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Michal- (View Post)
I hope John will get some help.
Me too.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxuccia12 (View Post)
I really liked this episode!
John's pain killed me but Ben was great to tell him what he thought about his problem.
I loved when he repeated the quote "Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp" that John said to him the first day.
Ben had some funny scenes, like the one where he tried to explain how using a car seat
i love how ben said that so intense yet it got his attention

i still love the car seat thing

i hope he gets help too
Old 03-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

When he said "Voilà"
He was proud of himself
Roxuccia12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^Is that an Italian word?
Reply   Post New Thread