Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Southland Episode discussion thread: Season 3, Episode 6; "Cop or Not"

Episode Synopsis:
Lydia is caught in the spotlight while investigating a celebrity murder; Sammy goes out on patrol; and an annoyed Ben and John deal with a monotonous security detail.

Original Air Date: Feb 8, 2011
on TNT.

Source:
Old 02-09-2011, 02:55 AM
Master Fan

loved that episode

ben looked very cute and his acting was awesome again as always and him with that kid was adorable

i feel sorry for lydia she is in some trouble now but im confused at the end of the episode they said that the guy that did it had pictures and everything she shouldn't be in trouble any more cause of that

oh and there was a blooper in the episode blooper in the filming cause when coop and sherman left the house for that DB call ben was driving and when they got to the call he got out on the passenger side lol
Old 02-09-2011, 04:24 AM
Absolute Fan

I miss Nate Poor Sammy.

Great episode. Season 3 has been absolutely amazing. Southland never disappoints.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:27 AM
Supreme Fan

I didn't think this episode was as great as the past few episodes we have seen. It was good, but not fantastic IMO.

I am kind of bummed that we didn't get anything on Nate's funeral. I thought we would have had a few scenes. So, I am a little disappointed. Poor Sammy! He was fantastic in this episode throughout. The scene where he went back to where the accident happened and he retold the scene was very intense. I was hoping the baby wouldn't be his, so he could just cut all ties with Tammy.

So, I guess John in bed with another guy, confirmed his sexuality for anyone that missed the clues before might not have seen that coming. Ben and John still had some great lines. Sherman was a Michael Jackson fan! So true on how everyone was glued to the tv's following his death and his funeral. Aww, very sweet when Ben picked up the child. Poor thing, eatting garbage for 3 days. Love Ben always playing/on the phone, so I thought it was funny that John picked on him for that.

Poor Lydia throughout the episode. The begining having to listen to her Mom have sex. LOL. I think Josie knows she didn't leak it either but looks almost afraid to speak up. Lydia had a strong performance again last night especially in the scene outside with Russ when she was leaving the station. How sad for her. This is her life and she wouldn't jeopardize her career for money. Did Russell seem funny to any of you? Something was off to me with him.

Next week looks very interesting with Dewey and Chickie!!

Oh, and why did we only get about 20 seconds of Ben running at the gym??? We could have seen more of that!

Last edited by krisz; 02-09-2011 at 05:34 AM
krisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't liked that episode much either. Not enough Ben scenes and the other story lines weren't that good IMO.
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
-Michal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

I wish we saw more of Ben in the gym as well! Also loved him in the scene with the little boy. He was so gentle. Wish there was more Ben this week!
BEN4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEN4ever (View Post)
Also loved him in the scene with the little boy. He was so gentle.
I watched that scene like 4 or 5 times...it's amazing! Ben is so cute <3

I didn't like this episode so much too.
There was no Nate's funeral. I thought it would have been
I loved all the scenes with Sammy, so powerful, expecially when he talked to the guy who killed Nate...breathtaking!

Quote:
oh and there was a blooper in the episode blooper in the filming cause when coop and sherman left the house for that DB call ben was driving and when they got to the call he got out on the passenger side lol
I noticed it too, Jen
Roxuccia12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

im glad im not the only one that saw that blooper

i wish there were more of ben running on the treadmill
ben with that kid was so adorable when i saw it i said "awe"

i agree with you kris and michal

oh and another OC person was on this episode, he played the other detective that lydia and jose meet at the scene
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1476956/

Last edited by bengirl25; 02-09-2011 at 08:08 PM
bengirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:36 AM
Supreme Fan

Thank you, Jen!!!! I have been racking my brain trying to figure out which show I had seen him on before. I could not remember at all and for some reason The OC never crossed my mind. When I saw your post I remembered exactly who it was before clicking the link.
krisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

Oh thanks Jen
Roxuccia12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Jen!

I have the slowest d/l connection right now I want to see the epi
Old 02-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Master Fan

i love all these OC people on southland

and they make a lot of OC references
Old 02-11-2011, 02:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisz (View Post)
Thank you, Jen!!!! I have been racking my brain trying to figure out which show I had seen him on before. I could not remember at all and for some reason The OC never crossed my mind. When I saw your post I remembered exactly who it was before clicking the link.
IKR? I was watching the episode thinking "This guy is SO familiar"
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
-Michal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Michal- (View Post)
IKR? I was watching the episode thinking "This guy is SO familiar"
i said the same thing

then i saw the name on the credits and was like i know that name so i looked it up on IMDb and was like OMG now i know who he is "he was on OC" weird
Old 02-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Finally my link is working for the epi. So I´m watching it right now
Reply   Post New Thread