Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Southland Episode discussion thread: Season 3, Episode 5; "The Winds"

Episode Synopsis:
John connects with an abandoned teen as he prepares to testify at his father's parole hearing. Meanwhile, Lydia and Josie handle a tricky rape case.
Original Air Date: Feb 1, 2011

Source

Old 02-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread Hanna
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
-Michal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Elite Fan

Is it just me or was Ben really really cute in this episode? I couldn't stop staring at his muscles when he had on that black t-shirt, and for once, I actually liked his hair.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Master Fan

it wasn't just you he looked HOT this episode

the muscles of the arms in that shirt
Old 02-02-2011, 04:17 AM
Supreme Fan

Fantastic episode once again!

A little disappointed in the fact that the teasers from last week, I thought it was going to be Nate's funeral. I guess, this was the following day after he was killed? I hope they don't skip over the funeral and his death and talk about it more. Looking at the teaser for next week, looks like we will see Sammy dealing with it.

John/Cudlitz was phenomenal in this episode. His acting and the writing in the court room was outstanding. He really was awesome in that scene. Emmy worthy nomination?

Some of the lines between Ben and John were too funny as usual. The Dewey/Ben/John scenes were pretty funny too. "google it, boot!!" as well as Ben telling Dewey about the pole from the Santa Anna winds in reference to John. LOL.

Where was Sandy Cohen last night? That poor kid needed him. The hug with Cudlitz and the boy was very sweet. I was hoping John was going to take him home.

I had to laugh when Lydia and Josie put the "victim" out there in front of her husband and lawyer. Nice job, ladies!

And yes, Ben was hot in this episode!!!
krisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

ITA kris

ben was such a smart ass this episode it was awesome
Old 02-02-2011, 08:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisz (View Post)
Fantastic episode once again!

A little disappointed in the fact that the teasers from last week, I thought it was going to be Nate's funeral. I guess, this was the following day after he was killed? I hope they don't skip over the funeral and his death and talk about it more. Looking at the teaser for next week, looks like we will see Sammy dealing with it.
Agreed, but I think they're covering it next week.

Quote:
John/Cudlitz was phenomenal in this episode. His acting and the writing in the court room was outstanding. He really was awesome in that scene. Emmy worthy nomination?
I think Michael was excellent in the courtroom scene, but I wasn't feeling his last scene. Truthfully, I felt it was overacted. I think he puts up some great acting consistently, but I think the scene at the very end was his worst acting for the entire series. This is just my honest opinion. Hopefully it won't offend anyone!

But I was much more touched by Shawn Hatosy and Ben McKenzie's crying performances.

Quote:
Some of the lines between Ben and John were too funny as usual. The Dewey/Ben/John scenes were pretty funny too. "google it, boot!!" as well as Ben telling Dewey about the pole from the Santa Anna winds in reference to John. LOL.
I agree. The scene where that kid called the cops on his mom for fake abuse had me laughing pretty hard! So did "hanged" vs "hung."

I also loved Ben's facial expressions in this episode. It was great when he and that other guy were making fun of Mel Gibson.

Ben's expression where he saw Cooper arrest that guy driving under the influence was great. I definitely can tell he knows about Cooper's addiction problems and found that hypocritical.

Quote:
Where was Sandy Cohen last night? That poor kid needed him. The hug with Cudlitz and the boy was very sweet. I was hoping John was going to take him home.
I was actually hoping Ben would find the kid and take him home.

Quote:
I had to laugh when Lydia and Josie put the "victim" out there in front of her husband and lawyer. Nice job, ladies!
I REALLY liked their storyline tis episode. It thoroughly kept my interest. Regina was great.

Quote:
And yes, Ben was hot in this episode!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Loyal Fan

It was a fantastic episode, compared to last week nothing too dramatic happened, but the flow was good.
I liked that they picked up some issues from last week, John scolding Ben again for his screw up. I think the tension between them is building up to something.

Quote:
I think Michael was excellent in the courtroom scene, but I wasn't feeling his last scene. Truthfully, I felt it was overacted. I think he puts up some great acting consistently, but I think the scene at the very end was his worst acting for the entire series. This is just my honest opinion. Hopefully it won't offend anyone!

TC
, I agree. I understand that all was to much and he had a breakdown but this scene really was a little to much.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I havenĀ“t watch the epi yet
Old 02-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alluxera (View Post)
I liked that they picked up some issues from last week, John scolding Ben again for his screw up. I think the tension between them is building up to something.
I liked the continuity there. Cooper reminding Ben of his screw ups in the last episode. That's good writing.

Quote:

TC
, I agree. I understand that all was to much and he had a breakdown but this scene really was a little to much.
I thought I was alone in feeling that way, but yeah... I think you described my thoughts about the scene perfectly. It was a bit much.

I guess it just didn't move me that much.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alluxera (View Post)
I think the tension between them is building up to something.
yea me too

i liked it, it made me like john/mike more as an actor and character

ben did awesome i love the stuff between him and dewy it was funny and the comment he made about john and the winds was too funny he had some good one liners this episode

saw this on tumblr so cute

Last edited by bengirl25; 02-02-2011 at 06:36 PM
bengirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

That gif is incredibly adorable!

Thanks for posting, Jen!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Master Fan

i love that sexy half smile there
Old 02-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I couldn't stop staring at his muscles when he had on that black t-shirt, and for once
IKR? I noticed this scene too

Quote:
LMAO! We had a OC moment there.
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
-Michal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Michal- (View Post)
IKR? I noticed this scene too
My only complaint about the scene is that they didn't hold the camera on him longer and show his shirt off before he put it on. He was hot in my opinion.

Reply   Post New Thread