Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Southland Episode discussion thread: Season 3, Episode 2; "Punching Water"

pisode Synopsis:

A four-year-old is killed in a drive-by shooting and the force goes all out to find the killer. Meanwhile, Dewey is partnered with Cooper when he returns from rehab; Sammy ponders his pending fatherhood while investigating a murder.

Southland Episode Guide 2011 Season 3 - Punching Water, Episode 2 | TVGuide.com
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
-Michal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Elite Fan

So I won't get to see this ep. until a few days from now, but I heard Sherman was a hoe again.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Master Fan

yes sherman is starting to piss me off, i still love ben just not his character keep it in your pants dude
Old 01-12-2011, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ lol
Old 01-12-2011, 06:38 AM
Supreme Fan

OMG! TC, I love your icon!!! Such an awesome scene!

Yep, Ben was a hoe again!! Loved Chickie busting on him to for Sally. Is it me, because I don't think she is pretty at all? I find her very annoying.

I think my favorite part was when Cooper told Ben to hurry up and get in the car and they ditched Dewey. A little surprised Ben left Chickie like that. Very funny though!

Ugh! I can't stand Tammy even more now! Poor Sammy!
krisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Very funny episode. Love how Ben can keep a straight face in the funniest of scenes. Wonder how many takes it took to complete the scene with the guy who got cut by his girlfriend. Don't like Sherman with a Cougar. I agree - keep it in your pants.
BEN4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Supreme Fan

Yes, it did look like Ben was trying not to laugh during that scene. LOL. He also looked like he was struggling to keep a straight face at the lunch table.
krisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

it looked like he was trying not to hurt someone or through up hearing what they were saying

i don't like that cougar every time i see him with her i have to hold back the vomit when they were making out in the car when she dropped him off for work i was eating and seeing that made me lose my appetite yet, it was still kinda hot cause of ben

saw this on tumblr

Ben Sherman’s “I’m about to get laid” look
(Southland 3x02)
Old 01-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisz (View Post)
OMG! TC, I love your icon!!! Such an awesome scene!
I think my favorite part was when Cooper told Ben to hurry up and get in the car and they ditched Dewey. A little surprised Ben left Chickie like that. Very funny though!
LOL I love this scene so much

I can't stand this new "couple" Ben and Sally...come on, we get it's just a relationship based on sex, right?!
She doesn't say a word, just showing her body in her car -.-'''

Dewey is hilarious!I love when he sings in the car with John LMAO
Roxuccia12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My thoughts:

- I don't think Sherman is a "hoe" He's young and attractive and just want to have fun (and she wants it too) so, I have no problem with it.

I also don't see Ben and Sally as a couple. They're more like a one night stand (ok, maybe two nights, but you know what I mean)

- I loved it when Chickie told Ben; "Its you and me, Romeo" I also love it that John loves Ben better than Dewey

- Dewey is an ASS! Lydia was awesome!

- Last week I said that I liked Tammy. This week, I hate her with a passion! Poor Sammy he was way too good for her any way...
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
Old 01-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

seeing ben in that gif makes it hard to not hate him. so im ok with it now at first i was but now im calm and not mad so he just makes it hard for me to not hate him

i just had to calm down more to be ok with it. sorry the rage issues came out seeing it for the first time last night

saw this on tumblr

Let’s roll.

Southland 3.2, Punching Water

Last edited by bengirl25; 01-13-2011 at 02:29 AM
bengirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Awesome gif´s
Old 01-13-2011, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's ok Jen, you don't have to like Sherman. I was just saying that I don't see it as a big deal, but I know that a lot of people don't like this kind of behavior.

Love that gif
Old 01-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Elite Fan

I still haven't gotten a chance to see the episode.

Sherman looks cute in the gif animations though.

I like Sherman. I just like Ryan way more. I think the only episode I almost loved Sherman as much as Ryan was U-Boat and maybe the pilot of Southland.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Michal- (View Post)
That's ok Jen, you don't have to like Sherman. I was just saying that I don't see it as a big deal, but I know that a lot of people don't like this kind of behavior.

Love that gif
thanks michal i don't like his behavior but im still gonna watch cause i do like the show