Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2005, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

Ryan Episode Discussion - 209 - The Ex-Factor

Episode 209 - The Ex-Factor - January 20th
-Marissa and Summer try to convince Lindsay to take part in a girls night out. Eventually, the ladies will end up at the Bait Shop where Summer talks with a polo team player named Matt. Summer is surprised that the polo team knows about her and Zach and especially about their six-month anniversary. Seth and Zach sit with comic book geeks at school and all chat about comics. Seth seems upset but it's not clear why it seems that it may be something Alex did... At the Bait Shop, Alex presents Isabelle, the new coat check girl, to Seth. Sandy, Kirsten, and Caleb are at a restaraunt. Sandy is not happy at Caleb and he leaves the table.

Discuss!
silvercrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved how emotional Ryan got when he saw Lindsay totally wasted and really let Marissa have it for giving her alcohol after he had gone into the ocean thinking she had drowned.

Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 11:33 PM
Master Fan

ooh I haven't watched it yet - eek - have to right now - I'll be back when I've seen it!!
Old 01-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

All I can say is poor Lindsay, she's going to have one hell of a headache. But like Sasha I loved the emotion of the scene when Ryan found Lindsay drunk and then when he couldn't find her. Ryan was great in this ep, he was protective but I don't think he was overprotective. He had reason to act like he was acting.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

He certainly did have good reason to act that way. He was a lot calmer than I would have been.

Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:17 AM
Passionate Fan

A few things to say about this past episode...

First off, about Ryan forcing Lindsay upon Marissa: I think that he really did have the best of intentions. He knew that Lindsay was very intimidated by Marissa, and wanted Lindsay to learn that Marissa really wasn't that scary. Really, he was just looking out for Lindsay's happiness. Of course, I do think he pushed a little too hard, but it was LINDSAY'S choice to go to Girl's Night Out, not his. And kudos to Seth for pointing out that stuff to Ryan.

About the Ryan dealing with the drinking: I can totally understand his attitude. Drinking and alcoholism has been a part of Ryan's whole life - he's seen how it's ruined the people he loved. First Dawn, then Marissa. I think he just panicked when he saw Lindsay drunk too - I think that the non-drinking-partying factor to Lindsay was one of the things that attracted him to her; she's different from the women he's had to deal with in the past, and he likes that. He just wasn't ready to see her fall down the same hole as other women in his life.

About Ryan leaving Linsday down by the water: I'm sorry, Ryan, but where was your brain?!?!?! The girl is DRUNK, she wants to go SWIMMING, and you LEAVE her ALONE by the WATER. Did you really think that she'd just sit there, happily playing in the sand until your return? She obviously couldn't deal with her liquor very well, so obviously her judgement is gonna be mega-affected. I was really surprised at his leaving her there... if you think back to last season, when Marissa was drunk, Ryan wouldn't have left her alone until he knew she was safe. I was just surprised, is all. I mean, I know nothing happened, but come on, boy!

About Ryan going off on Marissa: FINALLY!!! I mean, Marissa is okay, and I liked them last season, but really - she had it coming. Yes, I know that Marissa didn't force the bottle into Lindsay's hands, but it was she that brought it up - I highly doubt Lindsay would have suggested drinking if Marissa hadn't suggested it earlier in the episode. And it's not like Marissa (or Summer, really, for that matter) STOPPED Lindsay from drinking too much. I'm glad he apologized to Alex, though - she was just trying to calm him down. But I'm very happy that he finally said his mind to Marissa; she brought him down all last year, and if he's not careful, it's gonna happen again this year.

On the whole, this episode's Ryan was good. He was protective of Lindsay, but not TOO protective. He looked kind of like a goof, flailing about in the water at the end of that scene, but his intentions were noble. He was sweet - and of course, wet!Ryan and angry!Ryan is always a good thing.

*ends insanely long rant and massages sore fingers*
EphramIsHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 03:32 AM
New Fan

Personally, I don't understand why Ryan has to push Lindsay on Marissa. There is no reason for them all to "hang out" together.

How many ex's do you know who do that??

Lindsay didn't HAVE to drink so that wasn't really Marissa's fault, but Marissa shouldn't have let her get so drunk, either. I think Ryan was justified in telling her off. But I was disappointed when he later apologised to her.

I thought the way Ryan was with Lindsay when she was drunk was nice. He was very sweet with her, tapping her nose and kissing her forehead. He shouldn't have left her on the beach drunk, though. That was a bit silly, but I guess it had to be done that way for the storyline.....

All in all I enjoyed every minute of the episode (as always).
bevvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Did anyone notice that while Ryan was telling Lindsey about how he first met Marissa, there was an image of Ryan and Marissa's first meeting reflected on the windsheild?

It was subtle and haunting.

Gave the scene a great punch, especially since he blew up at her later.

***GO GATORS!***
dansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

I didn't see that! I'll have to go back and take a look at it.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

I found this screencap that was made by charmedoholic on the OC board. It's kinda hard to see, but if you look close you can make out Ryan lighting marissa's cigarette from the pilot in the upper left hand corner.

***GO GATORS!***
dansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread