Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2011, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Batman: Year One (voice of Batman) #2: Because “I’m Batman” is probably the best pick-up line you could have!

Batman: Year One

'Batman: Year One' Lines Up Voice Cast, Sets Comic-Con Premiere

'Batman: Year One' Lines Up Voice Cast, Sets Comic-Con Premiere (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter

Bryan Cranston, Ben McKenzie, Eliza Dushku and Katee Sackhoff have been tapped to star as the voices in Batman: Year One, the adaptation of the Frank Miller comic book classic from Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation.

Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu are directing the movie, the 12th entry in the successful series of DC universe animated originals. Tab Murphy wrote the script.

The feature adapts the landmark four-issue story written by Miller and drawn by David Mazzucchelli that first appeared in 1987 on the heels of Miller's seminal work, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. Those tomes, along with The Watchmen, helped elevate the comics medium, changing the public's perception of the art form and influencing Hollywood writers and artists to this day.

In Year One, a young Bruce Wayne is first starting out as a costumed vigilante. He creates an early bond with Lieutenant James Gordon, whose importance in the tale makes it as much as Gordon's story as Wayne's.

Cranston is playing Gordon, while McKenzie is Wayne/Batman. Dushku voices Catwoman, while Sackhoff is Detective Sarah Essen, a Gordon love interest.

Additionally, Alex Rocco lends his pipes as crime lord Carmine Falcone.

As one of the holy grails in comic books, Year One will be closely scrutinized for faithfulness, but superhero animation veteran Bruce Timm, who is exec producing, says there is very little in the movie that isn't in the comic.

"The source material is surprisingly cinematic; it's a pretty straight forward literal retelling," he says. "Mazzucchelli's artwork is beautifully composed and we were able to refer to the comic for about 80 percent of the camera setups."

Cranston, an Emmy winner for AMC's Breaking Bad, says he initially turned down the chance to work on Year One, not even wanting to read the script. He blames it on his ignorance of the animation medium as well as the classic comics.

"I wasn't aware of this level of storytelling in animation. I confess that freely," he says. "They didn't give the characters the short shrift. I was stunned."

Batman: Year One, which will be rated PG-13, is scheduled to be released on home video in the fall but will world premiere in July at Comic-Con.

Cranston is repped by UTA, while McKenzie is repped by Management 360 and Ziffren Brittenham.

Check out an exclusive peek at the movie below, and click here for another sweet shot.

IMDB page: Batman: Year One (Video 2011) - IMDb

Last edited by -Michal-; 08-29-2011 at 12:24 AM
daretomove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Sanne for the new thread and for a great title
Old 07-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the new thread Sanne
grahad8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Michal provided me with the title!!

no problem
Old 07-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you Michal

Reviews;

Quote:
Batman: Year One also moves at a breakneck pace, to a fault sometimes, excluding Mazzucchelli's attention to atmosphere in favor of succinctness, but it's enormously entertaining nonetheless. The fight animations are fluid and vicious, perhaps the best I've seen in a WB animated feature. The voice work lent by Emmy-winner Bryan Cranston (Gordon), Ben McKenzie (Wayne), Katee Sackhoff (Sarah Essen), and Eliza Dushku (Selina Kyle) is phenomenal. Cranston's Gordon is tough, but conflicted and human, and McKenzie gives Bruce a novice vulnerability, whether by virtue of a fantastic performance or due to this being his first time doing voice-over work. Either way, it really works.
Comic Con Exclusive: Batman: Year One

Quote:
We saw the world premiere of the DCU Animated film Batman Year: One which was absolutely excellent. Since these movies are direct-to-video, this premiere was also the only opportunity to see it on a gigantic, movie-sized screen with a theater-level sound system. It was one of the best DCU Animated film that Bruce Timm has produced yet; very true to Frank Miller’s source material and with a great voice cast. After the 75 minute animated film, there was a 60 minute panel with the producers, directors, and main voice cast which was both funny and informative. Overall it was a great way to spend a Friday night.
Orren’s SDCC11 Highlight Reel | Comics Corner Podcast

Laura Likey still loves Ben

Ben McKenzie | Batman | Comic Con | Fanboy Comics Interview

Ben at comic con, comes in around 00:50;

Old 07-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread Sanne

Great reviews!
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
-Michal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT sanne
Old 07-28-2011, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the reviews too
Old 07-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the reviews Hanna
grahad8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So far their getting a good feedback about the movie.
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
Old 07-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

thats good, i really want to buy this movie
Old 07-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I´m not sure about buying but maybe for Ben i will
Old 07-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Master Fan

thats what i meant ill buy it for ben
Old 07-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I might buy it for Ben too. I never watch those kind of movies though.

This is from years ago; the OC cast is asked - Batman or Superman?

Last edited by -Michal-; 07-30-2011 at 04:20 PM
Old 07-30-2011, 04:42 PM
Master Fan

he always loved batman