Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2019, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I’m watching/discussing

Maybe others only subscribe to threads and don’t see the whole board?
Old 01-31-2019, 03:49 AM
Master Fan

I never subscribe to anything. I always look at everything.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How about we do an episode from the last two seasons cause I have season 10 on DVD and season 11 recorded
Old 02-01-2019, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds like a plan!

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 02-02-2019, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am sort of in the mood for the Reggie episode
Old 02-03-2019, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 02-10-2019, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok so I rewatched this and I laughed too much at the end this time! there were a lot of things that amused me all over again!

Mulder squatching and Scully hanging up on him when he goes into his spiels. Then again she leaves in the middle of him remembering his Twilight Zone memory. She is just over it! and then I liked when in the parking lot, Mulder and Reggie are debating the Mengele Effect and Scully is like “look, it’s just people misremembering things!”. GA’s way of saying it reminded me of all the times Scully rolled her eyes at Mulder’s theories

Then the end, I empathize with Mulder cause his sense of wonderment and mystery was wrecked with the “truth” and the book of All the Answers. It’s horrible “we aren’t alone in the universe, but no one likes us?l Scully tried to comfort him with there will always be more X-Files but he’s like “no they gave us the book with all the answers including Sasquatch!” Which apparently is bad news, cause he goes into denial and cries.

And Reggie saying “we’ll always have these memories of us together, with no one altering them to make us think they never happened” and Scully almost admits she always loved him.

Also the end when Reggie goes into the ambulance in a straight jacket and Mulder says “we’ll come visit you” and Reggie giggles “no you won’t!” and Skinner knowing who he was!

I liked that Mulder still tapes the X on his window! And the flashback to the case of killer cats and Reggie saying “if this is about killer cats, I’ll be very disappointed!”
Old 02-11-2019, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I found it even funnier an episode the second time around for sure
Old 02-12-2019, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah I forgot it was pretty funny!

It also made me think that we really don’t want ALL the answers to mysteries out there, cause it could take all the wonderment out of life and curiosity of things we can’t really comprehend. If we knew the truth about everything, life would become quite dull! That’s why Mulder was upset at getting that book and finding out the truth about the Sasquatch what can he beleive in with all the answers cause he is a “believer”.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This week we are rewatching the infamously un-spell-able

Rm9sbG93ZXJz

for the week of March 4th to 10 2019
Old 03-04-2019, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I so wanna rewatch that one when I am back home. A shame Netflix doesn't have them.

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-04-2019, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that one is pretty enjoyable to me!! Lots of cute M&S text flirtation! Just think how much there could have been if texting like that was around back in the original series time frame!
Old 03-04-2019, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like that they didn't shy away from including technical advances in the new seasons. "The Internet is bad for you, Mulder!" or what did she say?
Oh my god, just imagine what Mulder would have done with the Internet had it been as advanced back then... He would have been in chat rooms all the time... and He would have bought supposed alien stuff on the dark web

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-04-2019, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiamay (View Post)
I so wanna rewatch that one when I am back home. A shame Netflix doesn't have them.
I’m watching them on Amazon Prime, they have the complete series on there including the revival episodes
Old 03-08-2019, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Such a clever and funny episode It is one that you have to pay attention too though, no scrolling through your phone when watching this one, or you miss half of it The first time I watched this I totally missed the little joke on Scully having to throw out her vibrator, and then deciding not to buy another one in the end, but start connecting with Mulder on a personal level instead. The beginning was so cute too with them at the restaurant together, and Scully cracking up at Mulder’s blobfish And Scully’s frustrated screaming that that IS the right password is me most days tbh

To nitpick for one second though, I’m not really a fan of the new Scully wig in this one I thought it was a bit too obvious that it was a wig, especially when they filmed the closing scene with the back of their heads