Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2017, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So is everyone here not in North America as it originally airs? I will miss the first episode cause I'll be in Europe still. Is it just me and Mel in North America, does everyone else here have to wait for Europe to get on board?
Old 12-13-2017, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m in England, so yeah probably I will miss the original airings, I’m not sure yet. For season 10 I d/l them on to my computer the day after the US airings, but at the moment I only have an iPad and no computer, so it’s harder to watch the episodes through ‘unofficial channels’ I rely on Netflix and streaming a lot more now for US shows, and I don’t think that The X-Files will be on Netflix. Season 10 was on c5 and did incredibly well for them, so hopefully it won’t be too long a wait for season 11

New Season 11 'Conspiracy' Promo

Last edited by FrellingTralk; 12-13-2017 at 06:00 AM
Old 12-14-2017, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

they released the episode titles and descriptions for the first 5 episodes! Sounds good and they were released to screeners where there have been positivity about them. So it’s looking good!

Not long now!

First 5 X-Files Season 11 Episode Titles Revealed

Quote:
My Struggle III" airing January 3rd. The episode picks up after the last event series’ cliffhanger. Mulder and Scully learn that they aren’t the only ones desperately searching for their long-lost son, William. The very fate of the world may depend on it. Written and directed by Chris Carter.

"This" airing January 10th. An old friend reaches out to Mulder and Scully in a seemingly impossible way, revealing a chilling secret. Written and directed by Glen Morgan.

"Plus One" airing January 17th. A spate of deaths, in which the victims were plagued by their own doppelgangers, lead Mulder and Scully to a pair of twins playing a dangerous game. This episode guest stars Karin Konoval and is written by Chris Carter. Kevin Hooks directs.

"The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat" airing January 24th. Exploring the idea of The Mandela Effect, in which large groups of people remember an alternate history, Mulder and Scully find out how the X-Files themselves may really have originated. Brian Huskey guest stars as "Reggie Something." Written and directed by Darin Morgan.

"Ghouli" airing January 31st. When a pair of teenage girls attack one another, each believing the other to be a monster, Mulder and Scully find that their investigation could possibly lead back to their long-lost son, William. Written and directed by James Wong.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds awesome!

https://twitter.com/extratv/status/941469631117541376
Old 12-15-2017, 04:31 AM
Master Fan

X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

X-Files Promo: What to Expect in Season 11
Old 12-16-2017, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We are getting so many clips and details about the episodes and the MSR that I'm getting restless to me, it looks like they've all taken care to get the old X-Files atmosphere and M&S vibe and banter back for a good viewing experience!

Oh man, I have a feeling this will be so fun like how how it made me so happy the last time during the short season 10. Except this will last longer
Old 12-19-2017, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel exactly the same way, it really feels like they took took the criticism from season 10 onboard, so I think we should get the classic X-Files feel back this year

"My Struggle III" Promo Photos Revealed
Old 12-19-2017, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It really doesn't look good for Scully in the My Struggle series!

Ok, I read a review of the first mythology episode which said the first ep is gonna be decisive as decent or just flat out bad. But then they said if we get past that one, we will enjoy the rest especially by midway... and that there is the same humour and an episode in the first 5 that will make us think its just as great as when the series was originally on.

So that means we should look forward to all the MOTW episodes that come after the premiere. Not see the first one and think all is doomed! HA.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think a lot of people expect that with CC episodes anyway X-Files is the opposite of most tv today in that it's more the standalones that viewers love

The X Files Season 11 Spoilers: Everything to Know - Today's News: Our Take | TV Guide
Old 12-19-2017, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True, it is the Chris Carter episodes, forgot about that part Poor CC!! His own creation, yet the least popular writer in the fans' point of view!

I'm really looking forward to the episodes though anyway!! It will help get me through dreary "After the holidays" winter season!!

Thanks for that article, it was really informative!! Looks like so many familiar faces are returning!!
Old 12-19-2017, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The storyline with William sounds interesting to me, as well as the personal moments with M/S at the hospital, so I’m still excited for the premiere anyway I think people can be too hard on CC in a way, although he definitely does frustrate me at times as well lol, but a lot of the mythology moments that modern audiences now complain about are honestly the exact kind of stuff that he would get praised for back in the day. A lot of people point to Redux as being one of their favourite mythology two-partners for example, even though the first half mostly consisted of exposition and hospital scenes, yet you can bet that if the show had a similar mythology episode to that these days then he would get slammed by the critics for it being boring and having too much exposition I never thought that My Struggle was that bad, it felt like traditional X-Files to me, but I guess that people’s expectations have changed too much with what they want from the show
Old 12-19-2017, 06:35 PM
Master Fan

^Well said!
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

‘To continue with the slew of goodies before the premiere of The X-Files Season 11, FOX has released the promotional pictures for "This", the second episode of the season, written and directed by Glen Morgan’

Promotional Pictures
Old 12-21-2017, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

[Watch]’The X-Files’ Trailer: New Clips & Interviews Tease Truths | Deadline

Tons of great new footage in the trailer