Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2016, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay prepare for my long review/theory of the episode.

I absolutely love these type of episodes, the conspiracy's, contagions, governments, aliens...decades of undiscovered "creatures" The X-Files series have allot of these episodes and stories and this was one of them for me. I enjoy many of the others, but these are what draw me in the most.

This episode has my mind going in so many directions of theories. Most particular is the Reyes. I love Reyes and Doggett, the fact we didn't get Doggett is most probably because he was busy with his other show Scorpion. But Reyes...when she first appeared I was thrilled to see her and was expecting her to mention William. But then she surprised me with CSM NOOOOO!!! My world was crushed in a split second with that. Monica has become CSM new puppet. She would never do that. There has to be a reason and she said there was. She never truly said why only said it was to protect everyone, including Scully.
After I saw the episode I was chatting up a storm with my mom, even though sadly she doesn't watch the show she listens to my rant. Anyway after explaining everything cause she kept asking who was who and why this happened and that happened, after all that something hit me. I think I know why Monica is actually officially helping CSM.

Bare with me everyone, this is just a theory and probably something that CC isn't going to go, but, Mulder was obviously hit worse than anyone with the virus for obvious reasons the CSM has been wanting Mulder on his side since the beginning, and what way to do it then now. He has already told him Scully is safe, now all he needs to finish is Mulder to say yes to sitting along side him and he will give him the "cure" Being the Awesome guy Mulder is, even on his death bed he stands his ground and refuses the devil's offering. When Miller (which I'm going to be coming back to this) comes to his rescue, they leave and in the end Scully comes to help them both on the bridge. She states though, that Miller can be saved but Mulder is too far gone and the only cure for him in their son "William". WILLIAM!! if that's the case, if Mulder is too far gone and William is the only one who can save him CSM would know this, CSM would not lose Mulder if he has a chance to have him on his side. CSM is too smart to let Mulder slip through his fingers if he has him. So let's say Mulder was at the last straw and Miller never came to his rescue and Mulder gave in and said yes. How would CSM cure him?? How?? HOW??? Why Reyes? Why would Reyes work for a man that cruel after everything he's done. She knows what he's capable of, she knows what he'll do. The only thing that can fight him is Mulder and Scully and the X-Files. That's it. So what does CSM have that would jeopardize that? My theory is, CSM has WILLIAM!

Why wouldn't he, the man is insane, he's wanted his line to continue since the beginning, Jeffery failed him, Mulder was his last chance, but he found out about William, of course the man will search for his grandson and take him. He took Samantha for a time. Mulder is just too much to lose, which is why he continues to fight for him. But William is his last choice. I just have a weird gut feeling, he has William. It would be unbearable for Mulder and Scully if they were to find that out. Which is why I believe Reyes joined him, she found out that he knew about William and she joined to keep her eye on him.

Okay like I said, I'd get back to Miller...just realized something else, just coincidence, but I just realized, Miller. His name is the same name Jefferey Spender used as an alias for when he was in Scully's house before William was put up for adoption in episode 9x17. I don't know if that is coincidence or CC is cluing something

Now after that long theory.

The episode. Loved it! Even the cliff hanger. I was honestly prepared for an abduction and it didn't come so that was awesome, it reeled me in and left me at the edge of my seat. I actually prefer the whole contagion storyline pre-alien attack. It makes so much more sense as too why it's been taking so many years for all the secrecy and planning. They were making it world wide, and it started in Roswell. Gah I love they finally made that a huge story plot

When Mulder was missing I was panicked and wondering why wasn't he picking up the phone. Dang-it Mulder! But it made sense later. Scully's DNA being a cure, was fantastic! Finally a meaningful payback for her abduction. I actually enjoyed Eisenstein a bit more in this episode, and I already enjoyed Miller. I'm glad he figured out where Mulder was and found him, and wasn't pulled into CSM. It couldn't happened.

The fighting scene with Mulder was amazing Was waiting for something like that, so worth the wait. The man's still got it. I was a little bummed at first Krycek wasn't in the season, but I'm not angry about it, cause I still say he had the BEST death out of all the original characters in the original series. So I'm not complaining.

I enjoyed Scully telling the story just like when Mulder first told the story. That was something I enjoyed in the original series too, Mulder or Scully explaining in the beginning or end of the episode, narrating what had occurred with the cases. They didn't get to do that much this season, but I'm glad they didn't abandon it completely

After everything though, leaving us with Scully, Miller and dying Mulder on that bridge with a UFO floating above them, PLEASE FOX give us a season 11

I'm so pumped right now, that was my favorite episode of this season I'm now going to read what everyone else thought of it
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag (View Post)
Gotta love all the doctors, engeneers and other biochimists who complain about how irrealistic the episode was. I mean, a show about monsters, ghosts, aliens, vampires, mental powers and so on, and realism in the same sentence .

a bigger issue is how we cant unknow what we know
Old 02-24-2016, 05:20 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, you can't unknow what you know, but you can let it aside for 40 minutes to enjoy a new X-files episode. Or any sci-fi TV show. Or any show at all, like PLL. Expect any logic from this show and you'll end up clinically insane.

So, we have always known that a virus was prepared, meaning an epidemia so what we had been told years ago is finally happening. In the X-files universe where everything happens so slowly or the half-truths we used to get, it's huge . Of course, everybody dying, not good.

CSM, we know that he survived. Not unplausible, some people have survived explosions and crumbling buildings so why wouldn't he survive? Sure, it sounds hard to believe but it's the CSM. That guy is a lucky b*******. If someone could survive, it's him.

The X-file moment in my life: when I agreed with him. How men are destroying the Earth, the other species, just by living and reproducing so much that we destroy everything just by existing in such numbers.

Monica Reyes... I think the CSM convinced her with something much more powerful than her survival: William. I'm sure that she knows where he is. The most horrible thing to do to Mulder and Scully would be for them to learn that they abandoned their son, only for him to be raised by the CSM. I would go insane in Scully's shoes.

Maybe that's why Reyes accepted the deal. It allowed her to keep an eye on William, to prevent him from being corrupted by the CSM?

I don't know but William will save his father's life, with his stem cells.

What will happen next? I think Scully won't remember being abducted, again. A classic among abductees. Maybe Mulder will be abducted and will wake up cured.

So, was the ship alien or human? I sooooo want it to be aliens. Just because I want aliens to be the good guys and the humans the bad guys. Nice twist.

I hope that when the show comes back (and it will, I believe in the X-files), the show won't sweep under the rug the epidemia and everybody is back to normal. The world, and the humans need to accept their near ending and that life is fragile, that the society has to be changed.

I don't have much hope that it will, because, well, humans. I don't trust my own species.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 02-24-2016, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

one thing for sure-they cannot stop there!

All roads lead to..William!
Old 02-24-2016, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Monica Reyes... I think the CSM convinced her with something much more powerful than her survival: William. I'm sure that she knows where he is. The most horrible thing to do to Mulder and Scully would be for them to learn that they abandoned their son, only for him to be raised by the CSM. I would go insane in Scully's shoes.

Maybe that's why Reyes accepted the deal. It allowed her to keep an eye on William, to prevent him from being corrupted by the CSM?
You and I think alike, this is exactly my theory also. It just would go against Reyes character if it wasn't something truly devastating.

Quote:
I don't know but William will save his father's life, with his stem cells.

What will happen next? I think Scully won't remember being abducted, again. A classic among abductees. Maybe Mulder will be abducted and will wake up cured.

So, was the ship alien or human? I sooooo want it to be aliens. Just because I want aliens to be the good guys and the humans the bad guys. Nice twist.
That would be a great opener with Mulder cured and them not recalling what happened on the bridge. Well from what we do know from the original series (what I remember anyway) there's an alien battle that has already been going on, and I believe one of the species is good, but they really didn't get to go into too much detail on the different species, and what their plans are.

Quote:
I hope that when the show comes back (and it will, I believe in the X-files), the show won't sweep under the rug the epidemia and everybody is back to normal. The world, and the humans need to accept their near ending and that life is fragile, that the society has to be changed.

I don't have much hope that it will, because, well, humans. I don't trust my own species.
Well said
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:54 PM
Elite Fan

Even if humans (the bad guys) have alien look alike ships and that they used them to abduct people to experiment on them, I think it's obvious that aliens exist and come to Earth. Sure, there's the Roswell crash. But I just watched "Fallen Angel" today and it's aliens at play here, not humans.

And the alien bounty hunter? He was an alien, right? The clones and the children born from the abuctees were mostly humans with aliens... DNA, hybrids, but the little greys were aliens.

The guys who had sewed (right word?) themselves so that they weren't infected by the black oil... I have no idea. It's been a long time, I don't remember.

The super soldiers were human made, if I remember well.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 02-26-2016, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

they were human made.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:32 AM
Elite Fan

Chris Carter and his cliffhangers. They better get another season after that ending.

Here's what I don't get. Mulder was abducted too. Shouldn't he have alien DNA? Or does Scully only have it because she was taken by the syndicate, not by aliens?

Last edited by scififan2009; 02-28-2016 at 01:17 PM
Old 03-24-2016, 05:53 PM
Master Fan

Chris Carter loves confusing people even more than he loves cliffhangers!!!

We have no idea what that vessel came for, in that final scene.

To abduct Mukder? To kill 'em all???

Sigh. We're back to square one/

I agree with Melbelle, that this epidode was very good.
It shoud've been expanded into at least 2-3 epis, to give the 'Mythology' enough room.

The way it was done, the entire (mini-)season felt quite rushed, imo.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 03-26-2016, 02:38 PM
I am a basketball genius!

That was kinda spooky seeing Dana turn into an alien on this episode. And Mulder had a kid with her. Wow. I was hoping her kid would've come down from that apparent spaceship & said ''Yo mom, what's up?''
Old 03-26-2016, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
That was kinda spooky seeing Dana turn into an alien on this episode. And Mulder had a kid with her. Wow. I was hoping her kid would've come down from that apparent spaceship & said ''Yo mom, what's up?''
yo mom what's up, haha. That would rule.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Somehow I never knew M&S had a kid until this revival cause I never watched seasons 6-9 and then forgot about the series til now (so bad), but someone else suggested the idea that when they meet William again, it will be discovered that William is one of the bad guys. I think that could totally make the William thing interesting to me, although it might kill Scully to learn that. Do you think their son turns out good to help mankind or is he an evil alien boy?
Old 03-26-2016, 11:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
Somehow I never knew M&S had a kid until this revival cause I never watched seasons 6-9 and then forgot about the series til now (so bad), but someone else suggested the idea that when they meet William again, it will be discovered that William is one of the bad guys. I think that could totally make the William thing interesting to me, although it might kill Scully to learn that. Do you think their son turns out good to help mankind or is he an evil alien boy?
A good question and not easy to answer
Well I think that CSM has William and I have the feeling that he already has him for a long time. It wouldn't wonder me if he grew up at his side and that's the most terrible scenario Scully can imagine. It'll break her heart. But I don't think that William is necessarily evil. I don't think that he is a Ben of "Star Wars". But if he only has known CSM as a nice grandpa, then he would of course believe him and be at his side. Maybe CSM told him his parents are dead.
What I can imagine is, that Scully gets abducted and that she meets him. They must save Mulders life, but William has to decide on his own if helps him or not out of a free will. It would help if Scully had a kind of Super Power too. We know she has this DNA but in despite of Sveta she never showed something like that. A Telekenesis- Connection with William would be good to get his trust. I don't really know how they will work all this out but I don't think he is evil like his grandpa.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:04 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I'm not even sure what an ''evil alien boy would want'', so I'm guessing he wouldn't be that, though if he is that would be interesting.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
I'm kinda hoping they have a blooper of that now
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.