Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2005, 09:44 AM
Master Fan

The X-Files General News & Discussion - 20th Anniversary Panel at Comic Con

Hey, I hope a thread like this aint already been made (if it has plz delete MODS)

Anyways, I own all of the 6 episode guide books that are available for sale at the moment.

a full list is available here: http://www.xfilesmerchandise.com/episode_guides.html

But, I've been trawling through the internet, and can find no information on when Season 8 and 9 will be going on sale. If anyone knows plz let me know!, I want them so bad, wanna complete me collection!! Thankees

They are really good books, if u aint got em yet, I highly recommend

Seasons 1,2 and 3 are by Brian Lowry
Seasons 4,5 and 6 are by Andy Meiser
and Season 7 is by Marc Shapiro

G x
Old 03-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

I have the same ones as you, and agree they are excellent.

I suspect there my not be any more though. Seems like a long time to wait, I think with waning interest (in some quarters) in seasons 8 and 9, they maybe just gave up. I hope not.

I continue to search as well. Please post if you find anything and I'll do the same.
'I don't know,' Alice answered.
'Then' said the cat, 'it doesn't matter.'" - Lewis Carroll
Old 03-12-2005, 06:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

I only have season three. I really want to get them all. I'm on the lookout for any x-files merchandise all the time. I haven't heard about any for season 8 and 9 unfortunately.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:12 AM
Master Fan

I so hope they are made....why leave out 2 seasons ffs

I dnt even know who to like contact, to enquire bout 'em or anything

G x
Old 06-13-2005, 05:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

The X-Files Ratings History

I just found this posted at another forum and I had never seen this list before so I thought I would post it here.

http://x-files.host.sk/nielsens.php

It looks like 'Leonard Betts' is the highest rating episode and it's a little suprising to see seasons eight and nine out rate seasons one and two.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:23 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting that Dani. I've actually been looking for that for a while. Very interesting to see how the fan base built up over the years and then disappeared near the end.

It's a shame it doesn't have what number they ranked as on all of TV
Old 05-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Frank Spotnitz Talks X-Files 2!

Frank Spotnitz talked in an interview about the plans for the 2. X Files Movie.

Are there any plans for another X-Files movie? Is that something you have any interest in?

Frank Spotnitz: Yeah, I actually have a deal, believe it or not, to co-write and co-produce with Chris Carter. And David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson have deals; I think even Chris Carter has a deal. There's some legal issues pending between Chris and 20th Century Fox relating to the old TV show. So I'm hoping that those will get resolved and that we can still do it because we'd love to.

source: http://www.movieweb.com/news/90/12690.php

I think we can hope that we will see this movie some day.

Meredith: I feel empty. Izzie: Yeah, two hours of vomitting will do that to you.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

I am still convinced that we will see a second movie at some point. And then hopefully a third...and a fourth...and............

Does anyone know what the legal issues between CC and Fox actually are? I think someone posted an article about it a while ago but it disappeared when the board went down
Old 05-22-2006, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

Another article about the same thing

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=36201
Old 05-22-2006, 11:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's great to see it being talked about again. I'm still reasonably optimistic about a new film being made. I hope we at least here something more positive by the end of the year and hopefully CC's legal dispute will be sorted out sooner than later.

Here's an old article about the legal dispute: eonline

Last edited by lollies; 05-23-2006 at 01:35 AM
Old 05-23-2006, 12:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeMac
Does anyone know what the legal issues between CC and Fox actually are? I think someone posted an article about it a while ago but it disappeared when the board went down
I think CC sued Fox...it was something about money, that's all I remember

I'm happy to read all these articles about a second movie, it's good to hear that they still want to make it. And they already have deals? I think that's great news!

Thanx for posting this, Mandy

Old 05-23-2006, 03:45 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't think we're going to see another X-Files movie, surely it would have happened by now?

Anderson, Duhcovny and Carter haven't exactly had thriving careers since the end of the show!
Old 05-23-2006, 01:58 PM
New Fan

I don't want to spoil anything at the end of Season 9, for those who haven't seen it yet, but what happens at the end of Season 9, how can the X-Files still exist?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for X-Files 2 to happen and more sequels if possible. I'm just curious how they'll get around that hurdle.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -diVe-
I don't want to spoil anything at the end of Season 9, for those who haven't seen it yet, but what happens at the end of Season 9, how can the X-Files still exist?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for X-Files 2 to happen and more sequels if possible. I'm just curious how they'll get around that hurdle.
From what I've heard IF there is a second XF movie, it will be a standalone, much like a random episode without any continuity issues...
Old 05-25-2006, 12:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

Here is a new article with FS from EW magazine: Looks like it will be a standalone but they will try to address what has happened to Mulder and Scully post "The Truth" also.

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1197815_1_0_,00.html

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: So... what can you tell us about the second X-Files movie?
FRANK SPOTNITZ: My deal has been done for almost two years. Actually, I think I was the first one to close the deal, and it took some time for David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, and Chris Carter to close their deals as well. And now, there are these legal issues that have emerged between Chris and [20th Century Fox] over the television series. I don't know exactly what those issues are and when and if they will be resolved, but I don't think the movie can go forth until they are.

Have you guys mapped out the plot yet?
Yeah, we went in and pitched the story a year and a half ago. We've worked out most of it. We haven't written a script yet, but we're ready to go if and when.

But no conspiracy stuff, right?
Yeah, I think that was one of the big appeals of doing a movie — to not be constrained by the mythology. Nine years was a long time to stretch out the mythology of the series, and the first movie had to deal with it because it was sandwiched between two seasons of the TV show. It will catch up to the characters where they are now. We'll address whatever period of time has elapsed between the end of the series and the current moment.

Does that include disclosing the whereabouts of Mulder and Scully's baby?
Well, the way it was left at the very end was that they had just given up the child and they were fugitives from the FBI, so we'll have to address where they're living and whether they're still in a fugitive state.

Full Article