Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-14-2018, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh, one thing I buy is Ramen noodles, which I make mac and cheese out of, with cheese slices. That's a 2 person serving.

I get sick of the same food too many nights in a row. Except like pizza bites, or hot dogs. I would have trouble halving a meal/recipe too.

Enjoy your tacos, and your mall time. I'm just going to finish catching up on my recorded shows, and maybe some tweeting, and I want to do some coloring.

Kim
Old 01-14-2018, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you like the food selections we have here, Leanne. It's odd you don't have ready meals for one or two people over there. And we do like our filled sandwiches.

As for Minecraft we play co-operatively, so are just helping each other out, not against each other. We've set it so we don't lose our stuff if we die and and that the landscape can't be blown up and destroyed.

My husband is back, and I'm finding I don't want to even look at the tattoo, so things are not going great. First he said it was like injections in the gum, which I find really painful! I said, 'you put up with that for 2 hours!' But he says he doesn't find things like that very painful.

I personally don't think you should cut out bread, but reduce it, and stick to the healthier kinds. I've done every diet going at some point, and restricting your diet really isn't the way to go imo. You just need to eat less.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

just got up from a little nap. Claire.

Thanks for explaining Minecraft Sounds like you guys had a great time, and it's awesome that you can play co-operatively.

I was thinking about that tattoo Claire. I was very young, and very single when I got mine, so it wasn't a big deal. I just had to show it to my mom, and I was lucky, she loved it.

I can't imagine being a part of a couple, and making that decision pretty much on my own, when it completely changes how a person looks, permanently. I just...it would be really hard for me to be with someone who I was used to not having one, and them suddenly change that.

It has nothing to do with me feeling like it would be pretty, or ugly, or meaningful, it's just a big change to me. So, I finally understood your thoughts and feelings, and point of view on the matter, at least I think anyway.

I'm so sorry it's not going well. It would be superhard to deal with, too. Are you just not happy, or anxious, or afraid of how you'll feel once you see it?

I completely agree-cutting out food only seems to make you want it more, and then when you do get it, you tend to over eat on it. At least I do. Like I said, I generally eat wheat, (my fave) or multigrain. Occasionally French bread thin slices.

How are you doing otherwise? You disappeared for quite a while. Are you still up?

Kim
Old 01-14-2018, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm just in a seat at the mall. My brother and his family are at the house for most the day so I didn't want to feel trapped in my place all day long. Having coffee and reading on my iPad cause why not? It's a place different from home.

I understand you're having trouble with the tattoo Claire like Kim said, it's a new permanent thing on your loved one when you are used to him a certain way plus you know you didn't really want him to get it in the first place! Is he having a mid life crisis? I've had passing thoughts about tattoos and I already dyed my hair a bit blue so I'm just wondering cause I've had those ideas but I really don't think getting a tattoo is my thing, just like piercings.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't felt much like posting today.

I'm glad you understand my feelings, Kim, and Leanne. No he's not Leanne. He's the most chilled out person I know. He says if he gets bored of it there's a new cream that gets rid of them, but I'm dubious about the effectiveness of it.

I'm not sure how to deal with this at all.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it's permanent on him, so it's like you just have to get used to it, but it's not easy to get used to things when it's not what you want or doesn't make you happy. So it's hard to know how to deal with it.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's exactly it.

I'm watching Get Smart, so that at least is making me laugh. It's a great film.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have days like that too, Claire, about not posting much.

Yeah, I'm glad I finally understood where you are coming from about the tattoo, so I can be here and support you. And, me and Leanne both do. So, talk as much as you need to.

Do you think you'll get used to it in time, once you've seen it on him? I am not sure about creams to get rid of them either. Here, that involves a Dr. removing tattoos in a long process of appointments.

I'm not sure how you deal with it either. It's really a huge change, and it's even harder when you didn't really agree with him getting it.

Leanne, it's always good to get out when others are in your space.

Glad you're enjoying Get Smart.

I'm watching Iron Chef Showdown.

Kim
Old 01-14-2018, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Kim. It's good I can talk to you two, as there's no one else, really.

As for not agreeing to it I wasn't even consulted and that really hurts. The attitude was you have no say in this, and I'm going to go ahead and spend and consult others about it and not tell you a thing.

But maybe I shouldn't be dragging all that up again.

Yeah Leanne hope you're enjoying your time out of the house.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm watching the sport of "curling" which is boring as hell and a very "Canadian" sport well, I'm not paying attention it's just what's on tv in this sitting area I'm in at the mall!

I've never seen the tv show Get Smart. Is the movie with Rowan Atkinson in it or am I thinking of another movie like that?

I think the Naked Gun movies were funny that way, except the fact that OJ Simpson is in them!
Old 01-14-2018, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's an American movie with Steve Carell. And yes it's a spoof spy movie. Very funny!

Yeah it's weird watching OJ in the Naked Gun films now.

We do have some good curling people here too.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire. And, well, you have every right to be upset that he didn't talk to you, but others, and then said "I'm going to do this" and left it at that. I can understand that building back up, and just talk here or in email when you need to get it out.

And you do have us, so you're never alone alone.

I can never watch Curling Leanne. It drives me batty it takes so long, and makes little sense to me.

I don't think there are any comedy movies I really enjoy. I'm more or a horror/drama girl all the time.

Kim
Old 01-14-2018, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm a split, I like comedy and horror! Not really drama. black comedy in horror film is fun for me! Not a spoof horror, but a horror with some dark humour.

Curling is boring, I don't get it! and then I saw there were people in the audience watching and thought why would anyone actually go there to watch such a slow Sport?

Well, I have to get up, my bladder is starting to make itself known after soup and coffee and I guess I should check out those jeans selections... let me guess though, they won't have my size!

my friends! See you laterz!
Old 01-14-2018, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just can't see leaving my house to go somewhere to watch curling.

They WILL have your size Leanne!

See you later.

Claire, did you go to bed? I hope you sleep well, despite your mind and feelings being stirred up.

Kim
Old 01-14-2018, 03:32 PM
Master Fan

When you come back, please explain Curling to us.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.