Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-09-2018, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks, Claire, so far at work, I'm in a good mood! I think I'm just happiest when I'm engaged at work! But before when driving to work, I was feeling so anxious and thinking about the negative stuff in my head, I had to use Rescue Remedy for 4 sprays. Not sure, but might have worked!

You sure are getting in shape, Claire!
Jelly legs must feel weird!
Old 01-09-2018, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

on sticking with your workout person Claire.

Leanne, glad you're having a good day at work.

I'm okay. Not happy that I now have a metal hip, but, time will tell. I see the surgeon Thurs. to get a check up with him. and see my Dr. Friday. Legs are still swollen, so not sure what that means.

Other than all of that I'm doing pretty good. Glad that my PT will be here tomorrow to teach me how to get in and out of the house without falling again.

Have you taken a cool shower for your legs today Claire?

Leanne, work was always my escape from anxiety and worry.

Kim
Old 01-09-2018, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had a cold shower Kim! I hate those, but it's better than being sore for days!

Glad that work is helping you, Leanne. I'm glad the remedy stuff helped!

That sounds promising, Kim. I'm glad things are doing s bit better today. At least a metal hip won't break!

Yes, I'm getting back into exercise, now. It's going well.

I'm so happy the three of us can chat on here again!
Old 01-09-2018, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, a metal hip can't break! However, I understand the weirdness of knowing there is something in your body that isn't organic! Hope the wound care is going well! (cause my wound caused an infection so now I'm always paranoid)

Yeah, I feel fine when I'm in a nice atmosphere and have people to talk to throughout the day. So far, so good.

So weird to be home too, to go from a non-driving city to driving my car again!
Old 01-09-2018, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It can be a bit weird coming home from a trip away. Especially a long distance one like you did. I also find it weird to be so far away from home, too.

That sounds nice, Leanne.

I'm in a good mood too, although my shoulders and neck are starting to ache quite a bit!
Old 01-09-2018, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, now I've graduated to stimming hard at work, which means I'm in a pretty good mood Actually makes me breathe a bit harder!! I guess partially thanks to Red Bull. Too much inner energy!!!

I tried to show you what stimming looked like when I met you Claire

After work, I have to go food shopping a bit to get stuff since my fridge was mostly left empty before my trip!
Old 01-09-2018, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes you did, Leanne! Thank you for showing me. I can visualise you doing it for sure.

I'm up in the night, mainly because I have a headache, but also I had restless legs. I had a blocked nose, too. So I must be getting a cold. So far this winter my colds have not been too bad, so I'm hoping this one will be the same.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Claire! Surprised to see you awake so late but that’s too bad you have a headache! Hope you can take something that works for it, my legs feel restless too, not even during the night now. awake restless leg syndrome?

I hope you aren’t getting a cold! But I guess it’s better to get that then The Flu! I’ve been surprisingly healthy this season so far, I’ve been having very clear breathing lately! I just hope that lasts but I usually get a flu during February! The last time I got a flu was last May, where I remember I whined so much about it on the bunny thread during that time I’m a bad sick person with being cheerful!

Yeah, that was just how my hands were but I wasn’t doing a hard version where my arms are probsbly moving along with my thumbs and fingers in my lap
Old 01-10-2018, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've had restless leg syndrome whilst awake for most of my life. My mum does too. Usually in the evenings. I usually put my feet up whilst sitting to try and avoid it. I've occasionally had it in my arms, too.

I definitely don't want flu! I was quite ill the last time I had that!

You were very happy at work, then!

Fortunately after broken sleep I'm not planning to go out anywhere today.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hello!

I'm reallllly tired today even though I slept fine! I feel like I need a nap this afternoon but its a work day so oh well. I have to stay up for the new X-Files episode tonight

Sorry, you have a headache, Claire, that can really drain your day away!
Old 01-10-2018, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Leanne. It's annoying to have a headache.

I managed to get my new laptop set up. It takes me ages how to work out how to get everything the way I want it, but I'm learning lots today. I've also sorted through all my photos, and put them in albums. I just need to upload the recent ones from my holiday, and that's all done. There's nothing like sitting down and getting things done, which you normally put off.

Sounds like you're still adjusting to the time zone. I always find a few days after getting home is the time jet lag catches me out, because I've assumed I've gotten over it.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, I'm really bad at time zone re-adjustment then! Did I tell you guys that two nights ago, I went to bed at 7 pm??? And I slept til 1:30 am so I was just that ready for bed!!

Can't wait for the weekend to catch up some more!

What kind of laptop did you get? A Mac or a Windows? I need to eventually get a new laptop, I have an iMac computer from 2011 that I never turn on now cause I think portable computers are now the thing, no one wants to be trapped at a desk to do computer work!
Old 01-10-2018, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I got a Windows one. Not used Windows 10 before but it's pretty similar to 8, and the start menu is back which is much better.

Yes I remember you saying that, you're adjusting but slowly. Maybe try putting bedtime back a bit every night? I wouldn't worry though, I've found a week is really needed to fully adjust.

Fortunately when I went to LA I was only there for a weekend, so I didn't really adjust properly, so when I got home it was easy to get back on UK time. Other trips have been much more difficult to cope with jet lag. The worst was New Zealand as not only did we have a 12 hour change but we were also in Singapore for a couple of days, too.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Me again, lost and confused as always recently. This pain, and the pain medicine, are just so confusing, and feels like I'm in a haze.

If it helps any I dreamed about talking to y'all a lot. We were on a cruise last night, to the UK, and then Ireland.

Metal hip can't break, but it can easily be dislocated, and I'm partly afraid that happened the day I got home. We'll see though. Hopefully tomorrow my Dr. will take my staples out. That would make me happy.

How are you feeling today Claire? Is the suffering from the training getting less stressful on your body? I'm just so proud of you!

I'm sorry you had such a rough night the other night. Not feeling able to breathe right stresses me out, and I see why it kept you awake. Have your legs gotten any better this week?

Leanne, I didn't know you went where you didn't do any driving on your trip. I bet it's very freeing getting home and having your own way around again. I always hate being away from home, but I'm glad you're happy to be home.

I hope you've gotten more rest, and have a good day Leanne.

I never had Windows 10. Well, my laptop forced the upload of it, but I got an old rebuilt one, Windows 7, which I love.

see you around Leanne! Talk to you later.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 01-11-2018 at 08:18 AM
Old 01-11-2018, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Kim! Glad to see you. It can't be very nice to be finding it hard to breathe.

I hope the pain meds are helping not just making you feel strange.

That cruise sounds awesome, though. What a great dream!

I'm feeling quite sore this week, Kim. The trainer really pushed me to the limit! On plus side I feel like I have more energy this week than last week, even yesterday when I had a bit of headache.

I've just uploaded my holiday pictures. I'll try and put them on Facebook, and I may put some up on Colin, too.