Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-18-2018, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh good job on getting the windows done! I stink at window washing. Are you enjoying Grimm? I heard fabulous things about it, but never ended up watching it.

Just got up from another nap.

Yeah, I'll stop worrying once that last one is out.

Does it stress you out when they're stressed about school? I imagine that would be hard to deal with for me. Though, you seem able to help them.

It's still all snow here, but sunny, so it's so pretty.

Kim
Old 01-18-2018, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey guys, how was your day?

Claire Thanks a lot. I couldn't mum like you do, so I admire you too. I was brought up well though and I was taught that even with tough challenges, you rise above it, too many people these days complain about even the smallest of issues, which is silly because actually you can tackle these things yourself, without constantly blaming others for it.

Kim sounds like you are on the mend, what was it, just a cold or a actual bug?

I was late to work today, I arrived at 10am! It was very windy last night so a tree had collapsed onto the road so it had blocked so many roads, so there were cars EVERYWHERE, and the whole thing didn't move at all. I was texting my deputy head, and there were like police everywhere. Fortunately my colleague covered for me, and when I did arrive, the kids were pretty well behaved. I told them about the tree. lol
Old 01-18-2018, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I already knew I couldn't be a mom. I mean, I could probably take care and love my own kids. But I can't relate to "typical" people and I think trying to raise a person I don't "get" wouldn't bode well for the teenage years and also I don't think I could manage the noise of kids and babies crying, never mind going through pregnancy where there is something else alive in your body... makes me think of the "Alien" movie or something

I don't want to "govern" over others and tell them they can't do hardly anything and also I'd have been expected to raise them religiously in the same religion my parents chose and thats just too much programming and etc, etc.

Its easier to just try to teach myself how to work in this world I don't understand alot about cause of my brain anyway!!
Old 01-18-2018, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My brother is going to be a dad and it will be really special to see him do that. I know he'll be a natural, he's far better with kids than I actually, and as a paedritician, he's already got that experience, of bonding naturally.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Theresa, it's really sweet of you to say that. That's lovely that your brother is having a kid.

We had a lot of trees down around here too. My husband went into work late so that they'd have time to clear the roads before he went.

Well that works for you, Leanne, that's the main thing. Not everyone is the same, and I firmly believe that no one should have kids if they really don't want them. I don't see myself as governing their lives though, more of a teacher and guide. That's what I love about watching them grow up, is I increasingly can let them make their own choices.

It does stress me sometimes Kim. My daughter was getting distressed about other kids at school recently, but had made me promise to not interfere directly. I found that position very hard, but I was determined to not break my promise, so I helped in every way I could. I got her to read a book on bullying, and strategies to cope with different situations, and I listened to her, and tried to lay out her choices, but in the end she had to make her own decision on it, and take action that she was happy to take. I believe she is coping better right now, but I'm sure that kind of thing will come up quite often now.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, you are busy posters Since I last posted you have been chattier than the bunny thread

Leanne, sorry to hear about the house situation. Has there been any development?

And I can't imagine how difficult your job must be without support, Theresa! I so need my breaks when I'm teaching... and they're always too short

Kim I hope you feel better soon!

Claire, I have only recently started my sports program again (3 months of rest cause my back acted up ) but I had a sore neck afterwards as well. It's always the the trapezius muscle. Is it the same problem for you?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 01-18-2018, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, I had some Christmas pudding yesterday and it was good! Wasn't too overpowering! I heated it in the microwave but I noticed it said "do not reheat" so does that mean I can microwave it again??

I'm tired and blah today. Didn't sleep as much last night and keep thinking about stuff!

Today is my "try to look busy" day at work! Ugh, don't know how to make this last each week til June! And the irony is tomorrow, she has book exchanges all day and I'm not there to help out with that which would make things easier than her doing everything!

I'm kinda feeling checked out today!

Kia, I haven't heard on the second plan but it would be nice to hear sooner than later I don't like feeling in limbo. I'm almost kinda hoping to get my own place rather than live under kids if they move in upstairs. Cause last night, they were so loud I put on my noise cancelling headphones.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know the limbo feeling. It sucks. Hope things will get sorted soon!
If you really feel like moving could be the better option for you, maybe you should look into that.
I know moving with a pet can be difficult (my dog was huge and black ) but there are pet-friendly house owners out there

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 01-18-2018, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it will be fine to put it back in the microwave, Leanne, just not for too long as it will get hot very quickly. You won't need to cook it again like the first time. I'm glad you liked it.

I'm not sure Kia, maybe? I do tend to get a sore neck after working out. It's great to see you on here.

I'm feeling quite tired today too, but my sleep was a little disturbed last night...
Old 01-18-2018, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiamay (View Post)
Wow, you are busy posters Since I last posted you have been chattier than the bunny thread

Leanne, sorry to hear about the house situation. Has there been any development?

And I can't imagine how difficult your job must be without support, Theresa! I so need my breaks when I'm teaching... and they're always too short

Kim I hope you feel better soon!

Claire, I have only recently started my sports program again (3 months of rest cause my back acted up ) but I had a sore neck afterwards as well. It's always the the trapezius muscle. Is it the same problem for you?
Kia I didnt know you were a teacher too, what age group?

I decided to have a clean out of my clothes and donate all my unwanted clothes to charity. I filled 2 bags, and can make more space now.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Embrace (View Post)
Kia I didnt know you were a teacher too, what age group?

I decided to have a clean out of my clothes and donate all my unwanted clothes to charity. I filled 2 bags, and can make more space now.
Yeah, I try not to talk too much about it with this place being an open forum and all Paranoid me
My youngest ones are 9/10 years old and the oldest ones are 19.
You?

And I LOVE wardrobe detox. Also 2 bags two weeks ago. I find it liberating

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 01-18-2018, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha I think you're safe on here, they're have to be really in the know to find the exact forum and thread you're on

Oh wow, quite a age range. I teach 10-11 year olds in a special school.

It is! It makes sense, a lot of clothes I don't even wear. Feels good too
Old 01-18-2018, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I get inspired to do wardrobe detox pretty easily. I left a pair of pants and a few shirts behind on my vacation but one week after getting back home, I replaced them with 3 new jeans and two long sleeved shirts. I still have to get rid of stuff I never wear though. Especially the old pants I have that have worn out thin between the thighs and some shirts that have obvious holes from the stupid washer... I'm wearing one of them now, I should just chuck it in a garbage bag! Living in a small space, I really should declutter, especially if I may possibly move in the future.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Very cold icy morning here, although it's all melted now. Still it's nice to have a sunny day.

I had a wardrobe sort through recently but I didn't sort through my clothes. I went through all the other stuff put in there. I do need to sort through though because I haven't enough space.
Well done you on doing that though, Theresa.

That is a big age range, Kia.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm a bit wary cause our weather forecast says "Snow" from next Wednesday to Friday and I'm hoping NOT!!!

I'm happy today is my short Friday work day and then the weekend, I just feel like I need my two days off.