Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-05-2017, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I had a good first day at two of my locations! Still have to go to 2 more. Nothing was organized or set up yet like I was hoping. How annoying is that

But we got a free Subway sandwich lunch so that was

My missed me not being around as much as I was in the summer!

Hi Claire,, Kim, Stewie and Kia!

Congrats on 8,000 posts, Stewie!
Old 09-05-2017, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you had a good first day, Leanne!
Old 09-06-2017, 02:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason to believe (View Post)
Congrats on 8,000 posts, Stewie!
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Claire! . (Today was a little more frustrating with having someone else constantly working beside me the whole time, but I have to get used to it, )

Today, I got my stitches out, but I knew it wasn't quite healed and one part hasn't quite closed so I still have to wear bandaids for a week or so. it's been a month of wearing them. But remember how my doctor didn't give me a lollipop for the ordeal of the cutting and stitching event?

Well, at least this time, she gave me a Star Wars storm trooper bandaid

Watching a random episode of Buffy while posting... and it makes me curious... why do so many women cry in bathroom cubicles? I never have and it seems an odd place since public bathrooms are echo-y. Plus it's gross to hang too long in a public toilet, I don't get it!
Old 09-07-2017, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know right? I was saying something similar watching Wynonna Earp recently: they're scared of the nasty supernatural thing coming to get them, so they lock themselves in a public cubicle!

And no I've never cried in a public toilet. I don't think it would be a pleasant place for that. If I'm upset I run home as fast as possible. That my instinctual thing to do, anyway.

How annoying for you that the wound isn't fully healed, yet. It least it's good enough to have the stitches removed. I hope the bandaid is not only good looking, but also doesn't irritate your skin!

Congrats Stewie!
Old 09-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, I would never go to the public bathroom if upset when not at home! Mostly if I'm not home, I cry in my car! Its a good place! And more sanitary!!

Yeah, I went to change my bandaid and it looks like I have a little open hole in my shoulder now! *shudder* That doesn't comfort me to see that and know that! How long does a hole close up???
Old 09-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's not nice, Leanne! What did the doctor say? Will it close up by itself? I had a small hole where the stitches had dug into my skin, but it scabbed over fairly quickly, so I don't think it'll stay there.

It's like breast-feeding, there are people who expect mothers to do it in the public toilets! I always refused to do that. And yes a car is good place, too!
Old 09-07-2017, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have no idea how a hole in the skin closes up itself?? I guess I'll find out! But I don't like it! If course, leave it to my skin to be the weirdo, compared to other people who heal up fast!!!

I can't tell if the little bit of pain I feel there is cause there is a hole, or if its just the bandage I still have to keep on my skin that gently irritates it!?

Today so far, is relaxing! Just tired cause I didn't sleep for 7-9 hours which is my best amount!

I think I'm getting to the age where adults need naps in the afternoon for an hour
Old 09-07-2017, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Don't forget I am couple of weeks ahead of you, and had stitches in for 4 weeks and 2 days. But for me it took about 2-4 days after the stitches were out.

I'm glad you're doing well. I know you were worried about the new work system.

I got to sleep a bit late last night, and woke early, and I've felt a bit zombie-like all day!
Old 09-07-2017, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder if mine should have been in for 4 weeks rather than 2? Anyway, it's a trade off now... the tightness and itchiness of the stitches is relieved! Nice to have a "flat" shoulder again... but because it's not totally closed up, it kind of hurts a bit like how it did when this whole blockage started to happen!

I'm antsy to just be done with this and I don't want to see any more bandaids for the rest of 2017 after this!

Work is good so far, but I don't like the total "working in silence" with another person constantly with me in the room. I used to be able to work while watching YouTube or listening to music. This co-worker doesn't even leave for 30 minutes to take a lunch break... she eats at the desk (I don't get a lunch break cause I'm only there 5 hours a day)
Old 09-08-2017, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's a wet, dreary day here. It's making me feel low. I hate days like this.

I hope your shoulder does indeed start to heal up soon, Leanne. It must be worrying especially as it's painful.

Use a personal mp3 player or phone? I hope the other thing you worried about, being messy isn't bothering you, too.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:53 AM
Master Fan

Leanne, just tell everyone at work that you're an undercover special agent with the FBI, and you've been shot in the shoulder while on a secret assignment.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Stewie, I don't think anyone will notice, it's more like I've been stabbed with a pencil than a gunshot wound! But the back story sounds very cool! And my back ground working in a prison would help make it seem believable!

Hey, Claire, it's pouring rain here and dark here too, the first time since around June! Sorry you feel SAD with the outdoors atmosphere. Have you read about trying to make things "hygge" indoors to help and got your daylight lights? How was the coffee or did you have something else to drink while out?

I'm here, at work on break, total silence again. but the bell rang so that means break is over!
Old 09-08-2017, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's certainly a fun take on it Stewie!

I have a special light. I think I'll have to get it out, I don't normally need it this early though, so it's taken me by surprise. I'm not sure what 'hygge' is.

I had tea, it was only a few of us, but it was nice to meet up with some friends after the long holiday.

I'm glad you're getting rain finally!

I hope the rest of your day goes well.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Stewie, I love that response.

Leanne, never underestimate the power of a good nap. I hope things are settling in for you at work, and that your shoulder is starting to heal.

Claire I am sorry you're suffering. That's hard to deal with. I have white Christmas lights I turn on for days like that. I'm happy you enjoyed your time with your friends.

I've just been "off" the last few days, but trying to decompress, and get back in the swing of things again.