Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-14-2017, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

has been bad recently. I gave up trying to post this morning.

So addicted to Gilmore Girls today.

I'm glad my husband's back home safe after working away for most of the week.

I still feel low, though.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kim, hope you had a good sleep for some reason, I don't get double posts when I post much like others are getting

Claire! sorry, you're down, is it the weather? I'm swinging myself, like I just had a good full, night sleep from 11:30 pm to 7 am, but I feel I'll get up and start the day and be distracted though.
Our weather is fine but we are gonna get more stormy weather starting Sunday.

I think I watched the pilot episode of Gilmore Girls but didn't continue. Maybe someday!
Old 09-14-2017, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've only got a duplicate post once, my dps are usually because I've made a mistake. Not sure why that is...

The weather isn't too bad, I'm not sure what is getting me down. I told my husband and he put my light on. We went for a long walk too. I think it's the usual seasonal thing that's getting to me. Normal things seem more stressful than normal.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know I should take walks, per doctor's orders, but I never can motivate myself to stop my enjoyable stuff indoors to what feels like wasting time walking outside where its the same scenery all the time!

I'm just on work break but its over, now, gotta get back to it!

Do you feel better if you listen to favourite music or tv shows? Or video games?
Old 09-14-2017, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Music always helps me, but, I haven't listened to any really in forever.

Claire I'm glad you and your husband got to go for a walk together, and that he turned the light on for you. He sounds wonderful. I'm sorry you're still feeling down. Wish I knew how to help you.

Leanne I'm wondering if it's because I use Firefox as my browser. I slept good, once I finally fell asleep. I hope you did, too.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't tend to listen to music, my comfort go to thing is usually watching my favourite YouTube videos, or watching TV. I probably should listen to more music.

Leanne, whenever I'm depressed I find walking very beneficial, exercise is very good for getting endorphins, but I like walking as it gets me out in the fresh air, and seeing the sky and birds and stuff going on. Even gardening the other day, I was chatting to friends in the street and was people watching!

He is wonderful Kim. He's even letting me watch Gilmore Girls eventhough he doesn't like it! Don't worry I'm hoping I'll perk up in a few days.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, tonight I did walk around the block so it wasn't exactly 30 minutes but it was good for a start and felt a little endorphined in the aftermath

Kim, I use Safari on my iPad so I don't know if that does anything about it or not

Claire, your hubby is pretty good watching a girly show for you

To feel better I like using my stim items and being all cuddly with my right now he is purring on my legs, all warming up my lap!

I can't beleive my trip is creeping up fast by now!
Old 09-15-2017, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's awesome, Leanne! I'm glad you enjoyed your walk.

I'm not saying he was really watching the show, Leanne! But he was in the room!

I just had a shock, I had a phonecall saying I was having a lawsuit filed against me! On sober reflection though it seems it's a phishing call. So I'm going to report it. I've even got the mobile number that sent it.

Last edited by Meliana; 09-15-2017 at 03:45 AM
Old 09-15-2017, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

oh no, Claire, what a heart stopper! but when I read that I thought, huh, what or why would anyone make a lawsuit against you cause aren't you a SAHM ? Just takes a bit of thinking... I hate phone call spam messages. I only have 40 minutes a month on my cel phone, so if anyone calls me and the first line I hear is someone I don't know or sounds like a survey or spam, I just hang up cause I'm not paying for them to waste my minutes! and I save my time for mostly me to call out!

Maybe if my job stays for the longer future, I'll look into getting a smart phone. But I just never use the phone much. But I could use it for other things I guess. Like a secondary camera or video watcher???

This work day is almost over, I've been cataloguing graphic novels all morning non stop while a grade one class shares the space and all I can say is thank the LORD for ear plugs.. I can still hear them but then when I take out the ear plug, I realize just how loud the volume is and when I use them, it physically feels better!

Well, hope everyone has had a good Friday! Time to party this weekend

A UFO party
Old 09-15-2017, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
I just had my 1st beer since the party....I feel so guilty. I thought I'd never drink again!!!

Man, I loved Jürgen von der Lippe....he was one of a kind. I guess he's no longer on TV, right?
He doesn't have his own show, I think, but I just saw him on "Quiz des Menschen" recently and it was good fun

And I think most (if not all) front doors and apartment doors in Germany can't be opened without a key. So if you close the door from the outside you'd better have a key with you Maybe it's a European thing?

I'm not a good walker. I don't see a point without a dog (have had one for most of my life) so I usually take the bike. Not at the moment though.
Had some virus, influenza it seems, with high fever and disgustingly aggressive joint pains and even though I already feel better I am not allowed to do sports yet which makes me want to do sports even more
It's like when I have to take meds that forbid me from drinking alcohol, that's when I'm REALLY craving a glass of wine

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 09-15-2017, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiamay (View Post)
And I think most (if not all) front doors and apartment doors in Germany can't be opened without a key. So if you close the door from the outside you'd better have a key with you Maybe it's a European thing?
Perhaps.

Quote:
I'm not a good walker. I don't see a point without a dog (have had one for most of my life) so I usually take the bike.:
I do a bit of bike-riding, and running, but I'm enjoying the walking right now, I had a 40 min walk this evening.

Leanne: I do some book-keeping too. But it was a text message to a landline, so it was a recorded message and mentioned no names, I really shouldn't have been taken in by it even for a moment, really. Later I had two phishing emails too claiming to be from other things, so I reported those too.

I keep wondering whether I should get a smart phone, I keep resisting.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just watching "Bones", they just told a woman with a cute puppy in her lap that someone she knew was killed so the person starts crying and Bones says in her flat affect "may I hold your dog while you cry?" (She wanted to cuddle it, never mind the crying person, talk about sensitivity, but I can see myself asking something like that too )

That show keeps cracking me up.

Kia, yikes, glad your getting past that, but I'm sure it wouldn't make riding a bike fun, talk about withdrawal! I take a med that recommends not drinking alcohol, but I don't really even drink it so I don't even crave it .

I know a smartphone would make using a phone easier and maybe see whose calling me! But it feels like a waste of a lot of money for something I would hardly use to talk over the phone to anyone... and no one calls me for social talking!
Old 09-16-2017, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I depend on my phone quite a lot. It's my navigation system when I'm riding my bike and also supplies me with podcasts while I do so. At choir practice no one has printed scores anymore. We all use smartphones or tablets to learn new songs. I usually do my work email via smartphone and correspondence with colleagues, family and friends alike via messengers on that phone. Most of the photos I have taken over the last 10 years have been taken with my phone (different phones of course) and my phone is also my alarm clock.
It's really scary how much I depend on it
And my old mobiles (before smartphones) also gave me the phone number of the person calling. I think most devices are capable of doing that if the caller didn't block the number.

And I love Bones as well, Leanne

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 09-16-2017, 07:47 AM
Master Fan

I use my phone rather reluctantly.
Like Mulder, I fear the phone company learns too much about me, if I use of all the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiamay (View Post)
He doesn't have his own show, I think, but I just saw him on "Quiz des Menschen" recently and it was good fun
I had no idea! Maybe I should watch German TV, from time to time....
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I rarely do but when I am sick I need stupid game shows. It's a rule

avi by neel luvs tony