Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2016, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it's good when you can co-exist together with similar traits. So does she like the X-Files or the other shows you like? I like having or finding people that can talk about the things I'm interested In which is rare for me to find a person like that.

I'm sort of tempted to go to that fan expo cause I know all the local people who like geeky things will be there but there is nothing there attraction wise that interests me strongly enough. Just have to remember it's too many people and probably a waste of money and I don't think people meet others there, they already go with their groups of pals.

This mini Nintendo Classic system just got released pre-loaded with 30 games on it that I remember playing as a kid, even tho I suck at video game winning and such, I'm tempted to want it... I have to remember I suck at winning and just get mad and quit but the nostalgia factor... I want to play "Bubble Bobble" again
Old 11-12-2016, 11:16 AM
Elite Fan

She's never seen all of the X-files, although when I was doing my rewatch, she watched with me most of the time. And she bought me seasons 1-4 for birthday/Christmas last year.

I'd prefer a mini-Super NES.
Old 11-12-2016, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's cool someone else watched X-Files with you, I've almost completely forgotten what it was like to watch the show with other people. During the original run, I remember watching it with my brothers and sister together and sharing some laughs, or shock at some episodes.
With my rewatch, I was watching alone and unfortunately likely bugging my FB friends with my renewed obsession .... only 1 FB friend was a fan so I came to this forum to indulge in talking about it,

There are still some episodes I skipped in my re-watch. saving those for total desperate boredom, I guess.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sandra I like doll horror, I never really liked dolls. I only liked a few baby dolls as a kid. Dolls creep me out like the doll collection the psychic had in "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose"... especially when Clyde thought he saw the malformed doll.

I've read Stephen King, starting when I was 11 or 12. I like his early 1980's books where he wrote more horror than other genres. My favourite books of his were
Carrie
The Shining
Pet Semetary - my favorite or vote for creepiest!
IT

And his horror short story compilations. My parents don't know where they went wrong with me as a kid with my love of horror.. which by the time the X-Files came on, I was totally enthusiastic for, And combine King writing an X-Files episode? Of course, I'm going to love that!

Do you like his books or movies?
Old 11-13-2016, 01:55 PM
Loyal Fan

I also started reading the books early. My first one was Carrie at the age of 15. Later after 2000 I lost it somehow but I restarted reading them a few month ago. I read Duddits at the moment.

Yes I thing King and the X Files fit well together but I read somewhere that there were complications in the cowork between CC and King.
Old 11-13-2016, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I heard that Stephen King was an M&S "shipper" (apparently so were DD and GA according to their own scripts too )

King wrote dialogue between Mulder and Scully that sounded too relationship-like so Carter re-wrote their dialogue on the phone chats and stuff.

But I did like the fun creepiness of a killer doll, especially when it was Scully looking into it,
Old 11-13-2016, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

i would love to hear King do a version of this show. He's done very similar things but that would be fanfiction to the highest power!
Old 11-13-2016, 10:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes I heard that too, Leanne. But it must have been more than just one scene. King had to rewrite a great part of the ep. With the result to limit the Mulder scenes and send Scully alone to Maine on vacation.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, but I still enjoyed the fun phone conversations they had in that episode too!

Today was my last day of a 4 day weekend and I can't say I was ultra productive, but it was a good "time out" for me, for sure!

I'm slowly starting to watch Christmas related shows, but only in the form of cooking shows where they are preparing "holiday recipes". I will save any movies or specials for December, thank you very much, I like the holidays but only when they should happen, I brought my decorations but I won't actually put those out til the last week of November. I really like low lit lights in my garland, and I don't have a tree cause my place is small and I have a cat in my space.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
It's cool someone else watched X-Files with you, I've almost completely forgotten what it was like to watch the show with other people. During the original run, I remember watching it with my brothers and sister together and sharing some laughs, or shock at some episodes.
With my rewatch, I was watching alone and unfortunately likely bugging my FB friends with my renewed obsession .... only 1 FB friend was a fan so I came to this forum to indulge in talking about it,

There are still some episodes I skipped in my re-watch. saving those for total desperate boredom, I guess.
I have to total opposite experience. I watched it all alone the first time and any rewatches since then have been with people.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I definitely think it was more fun to watch it with other people cause I like commenting on stuff with another person. On my rewatch, I realized I had forgotten how dark the X-Files really was.... like baby and kid deaths happened on a tv show in the early '90's! 20 years later I forgot the actual scary stuff and only remembered Darrin Morgan episodes or something.

Since I had insomnia last night, I took half a blue sleeping pill that should knock me out soon enough. And I will refrain from posting here, because when I accidentally took a whole pill... I typed out this nutter of a post to poor Millie Mae, And then I addressed Miros, making sure she knew I was speaking in a "Mulder type way" I remember writing it, but I was also half dreaming so I sounded rather drugged,

http://www.fanforum.com/87413984-post133.html
Old 11-16-2016, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Guys!

I've been MIA for a bit. A lot going on in real life at the moment, and it's not pleasant.

My aunt was given three weeks to live due to her cancer, so things have been really stressed for me. Second, another family member, a cousin, who's been battling a brain tumour for the better part of 2 years was told that chemo and radiation are no longer an option and the tumour has grown.

Feeling really depressed about this news and trying to be positive, but just feel like I'm waiting for that inevitable call about my aunt.

Hope you guys are doing well, and sorry for bringing the mood down in here!
Old 11-16-2016, 08:21 AM
Elite Fan

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to hear that. What a stressful thing for anyone to have to deal with. Are both family members on the same side of the family?
Old 11-16-2016, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Millie Mae, how did you know I mentioned your name?

Awww, sorry about your aunt and cousin, very sad, awful news. And everything happens at the same time to make things double sad. Take care as you go through this time with your family and if you need a time out from , take it, or if you like to get away from the sadness and be here for a bit of respite from life, that's good too cause we're here for you.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to hear that. What a stressful thing for anyone to have to deal with. Are both family members on the same side of the family?
Yes same side of the family. My aunt is my grandfather's younger sister and my cousin in my grandfather's niece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
Hi Millie Mae, how did you know I mentioned your name?

Awww, sorry about your aunt and cousin, very sad, awful news. And everything happens at the same time to make things double sad. Take care as you go through this time with your family and if you need a time out from , take it, or if you like to get away from the sadness and be here for a bit of respite from life, that's good too cause we're here for you.
I have a spidey sense...