Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-23-2016, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I think dreams are just the brains way of processing stuff. But my two unpleasant dreams seem pretty point blank in meaning, lol. One is obviously about my bullying boss experience and fear of what she was doing, and wow, it would be horrible if plans changed and she was back when I went back! . The other is more disturbing for its meaning since it was basically a suicide story. I've had the dreams where I have a baby a few times,

I had no dreams last night cause I didn't sleep a wink all night. Then got two hours from 8am to 10 am. So this should be an interesting day. my typing may have mistakes or bad grammar, I already had to edit the survivor thread for a few errors I overlooked, lol
Old 08-23-2016, 04:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)

Awww, not a great day for you clothing wise, it sounds like. I've had clothing snafus at work, once I discovered I was wearing my pants backward for the first two hours there. how did that happen? they felt odd then I realized the back pockets were on my front, At work, because of walking around, reaching up, and squatting down, I wear jeans and comfortable shoes. They aren't tooooo strict on that.
Did anybody else notice? I usually don’t realize I have a fashion faux pas until my annoying coworker points it out. And to jeans and comfortable shoes!

So was it the same spider!!! ??

I was so spent yesterday, that I ended up passing out before 8PM!! My body (poor feet) and head recuperated though. Oddly enough, I still had trouble waking up this morning. Did you take a nap today?
Oh and I’m an episode and a half away from 30 Rock S1 finale.

Sandra, I think the “possession” dream was linked to feeling a lack of control in whatever situation I was in at the time. I’ve never had a pregnancy dream, but I do have disturbing recurring dreams where I am in love with one of my male cousins (it’s always the same cousin). Btw, are you in Sri Lanka? If so, what's it like over there?
Old 08-23-2016, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Noooo, it was a different spider! But the same kind! I'm being invaded. Here is the story I wrote on the info center
Quote:
Finding big gangly spiders right before bed and in my place is gonna kill me! Found one in my cat's litter box and I couldn't leave it there to scare my cat so I tried picking it up by its leg (with wooden tongs) to flush it down the toilet but I couldn't grab it and it would string a web down, I was not girl-y screaming while doing this by the way.... Then I tried scooping it with a cup to slide paper under it, and that didn't work, so I resorted to interrupting the sleep of the household to get the vacuum and suck it out without touching it. *shudder*
No one noticed my pants backward (that I think anyway). Either I'm sitting behind a desk when people come in or they enter sporadically cutting through, and it was only two hours into the day, thankfully I fixed the problem quickly

I'm finished Buffy season 1 .

Lucky you, sleeping from 8 pm to 5:30 am. I had zero sleep, and no nap, but right at this moment I feel ok, although I can see how I could easily behave like a certain someone if my buttons were pushed too hard today. I'll just stay out of anyone's way, lol.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:32 PM
Master Fan

I wonder if there's something similar to roach traps for spiders. Worth looking into, maybe.

What did you think of the finale?

Yeah, chill out with TV; the last thing anyone of us want to do is throw a hissy fit that will probably end up being ignored anyway.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento Vivere (View Post)
I wonder if there's something similar to roach traps for spiders. Worth looking into, maybe.

What did you think of the finale?

Yeah, chill out with TV; the last thing anyone of us want to do is throw a hissy fit that will probably end up being ignored anyway.
and that would make me even more upset, I can see how it can all snowball. Haha. Yeah, I need to catch up on Freaks & Geeks

Btw, what is a all day or posting challenge you once mentioned?

The finale was good, I knew she wouldn't really die at this point. There was a part where she's walking to kick some ass in her prom dress that made me laugh, since it reminded me of those Prom Night movies. I liked the creature fight at the end. So now isn't supposed to improve you said with the next season? I wish this series was in HD and widescreen tho.

How's 30 Rock? Do you like Floyd?
Old 08-23-2016, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

Which episode are you in for Freaks and Geeks? Did you give up on GoT? When are you starting Buffy S2?

MelBelle mentioned the one-day posting spree in a post earlier this year. I don't know all the details of it. I think all you have to do is beat your highest average for a day. In our case we would have to post over 200 something. Then you get a custom title for a month, if I understand it correctly.

Season 2 goes a little darker with the drama, and you see Buffy becoming more of a badass.
Yes, I'm on the Floyd episodes. He's okay so far. I watched the episode where Liz pretends to be a recovering alcoholic and then confesses she's not.
Okay, I'm going to try to watch the remainder of the season tonight.

Enjoy your evening, and stay out of trouble!

ETA: Reading this book again aloud feels like home -a magical, beautiful one.

Last edited by Tech Noir; 08-23-2016 at 06:08 PM
Old 08-24-2016, 12:13 AM
Loyal Fan

@Miros: I'm still in Sri Lanka and yes it's a very interesting country. I'm going to fly back tomorrow. I already wrote Leanne that I'll post an article in here about my travel. But give me a bit time to sort things out.

When I was a teenager I had several dreams that dealt with violence. I was murdered often but most of the time I wasn't myself in the dream I was someone else. I think that had to do with the huge change of hormons during that time.
I regulary dream of houses since my childhood. In a good sense but most of the time in a creepy way. Houses that destroy. I once had a dream in which I sent three children away, two boys and a girl. To save them from the house...god I'm psycho
Maybe that's the reason why I found "Home" that creepy
Old 08-24-2016, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm on episode 11 out of 18 (?) for F&G currently, slowing making my way through it. I'm such a bad binge watcher yeah I didn't finish GoT and I need to return it to the library already, I guess that show attempt was a fail and I think I'll watch Buffy season 2 soon, I mean there isn't anything good on real tv most of the time, am I right?

I like that episode of 30 Rock you mentioned, especially the end where Liz admits to Floyd all her shameful things haha (and that women walks in right at the poop mention and just leaves, ) I'm excited for you that you are almost at season 2, that is one of my most favourite seasons out of the 7 and it's shorter than usual.

I took 2 Benedryl tablets last night to make sure I would sleep and it worked I feel more human again and unlikely to be a cranky child anywhere, whew! . I just hope this doesn't happen once work starts again. So you are re-reading the Despereux ? book again and reading it out loud to yourself? If I read, I have to read in my head or I go too slow, lol. Once I'm at work, I have easy access to that book to check out!

Here is an autobiography recommendation on the topic of books: have you read "Child Star" by Shirley Temple Black? It's my favorite autobiography I've read. She had an amazing memory of her early life (in fact she is the only other person I've heard had their first memory at 10 months old, like me.).

And Sandra, I don't have violent death dreams usually. On fact, the only ones I remember are usually when famous people drop into them, lol I don't usually have nightmares.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

Leanne, initially in 30 Rock, for some reason I thought the flip phones were part of the comedy, but eventually I googled to search for when the show originally aired. Almost 10 years ago! Also Liz Lemon mentioned the show Medium as if it was something still airing. I’m on S2, where Liz buys a wedding dress for herself even though she has just broken up with Floyd.
It’s okay to give up on GoT. That show is not for everybody. Glad you didn't give up on Freaks and Geeks though!
Good to read you’re feeling better!
I’m reading The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, and that fan art made me misty-eyed. It’s beautiful. I love it.

What’s Shirley Temple’s autobiography about? Autobiographies and biographies tend to make me cry.

Sandra, looking forward to reading about your adventures in Sri Lanka. Hope you have/ had a safe flight back home!!

Okay, I’m going to do a small round then call it a night by watching a little more 30 Rock.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't believe 10 years has gone by since it started. I love "Seinfeldvision". Favourite Liz line is when she is on the phone to that mystery woman " Who is this? Who are you? I'm your worst nightmare is who I is!" She is so awkward under pressure! Keep an eye out for the "Cougars" episode and the "Rosemary's Baby". So many funny eps in that season!

I keep mixing up those two books, yeah, I noticed that artwork was really nice, but I don't know the story yet.

Shirley Temple's book is about her early life as a child performer and she has an amazing memory, she gives a lot of interesting info about her experiences on the sets with her famous co-stars and also how she perceived that world on studio sets and acting through the mindset of a young child. She also has a dry sense of humour which I get, lol. I didn't know a crazy woman almost shot her when she was performing on stage at age 11! a lot of good stories in that book. I recommend it and I don't think it would make you cry, it wasn't really sad at all, more like interesting and amusing!

E.T.A. Late edit to add tho, what bios do you read that would make you cry? What is it about them that chokes you up? I also have a recommendation then if you want to sob your heart out. It's called "Alex: the Life of a Child" read it when I was 10 and it made me cry. , I should read it again but don't know if I can bear it. But it's still a good life story, just the saddest one.

Last edited by reason to believe; 08-25-2016 at 01:01 AM
Old 08-25-2016, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

I’m on Rosemary's Baby now.

I don’t particularly look for tragic autobiographies. Sometimes just reading about a person having to put down their dog who had been by their side through the toughest times will make me cry.
Have you read Sybil? That mom is so gross if the story is true.

The other book you mentioned sounds like it might be about child abuse. I don’t think I can stomach those kinds of books anymore. Some of the things I see in my local news of what adults do to their own children is plain evil, just evil.

Are you still watching shows?
Old 08-25-2016, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I sort of read the Sybil book, I vaguely remember reading some of it, but I saw the Sally Field movie and it felt scarier than some horror movies. The woman who played the mother did her job well, she was terrifying. The green kitchen, ugh.

I don't look for tragic biographies either. Marley & Me is a book I'll ignore, even fictional books about owners and pets dying, I don't do. Uh uh! I prefer the autobiographies of famous people like actors and performers or creative people.

Alex: the Life of a Child isn't about child abuse, it's a father telling the story of his daughter that had cystic fibrosis in the '70's and passed away in 1980. But the child was an amazing kid, so it is just a very touching, inspirational story of a child dealing with her illness very bravely. But it's a real tearjerker, I'm not even kidding. I don't think there is a more emotional parent/child account of dealing with an ultimate terminal illness.

I'm still watching shows. Entering episode 2 of Buffy season 2. I still want to get to the British series of "Afterlife" which I have recorded, I just have to watch it!
Old 08-25-2016, 06:07 PM
Master Fan

Yay to S2 ep 2 of Buffy!

Ah, a parent/ child bonding story is way better indeed. I finally started reading El Deafo. It’s cute.

I really needed coffee today, but I drink it sporadically. Haven’t drank a drop this week.

I like having my Jeffrey Dahmer coworker around only because when I break silly rules like refusing to wear the same bright spandex type top as everyone else at work, he’s right there with me! Weirdo outsiders unite!

I’m out for the evening. Have a great evening!
Old 08-25-2016, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah El Deafo is cute. Not sure why the characters are rabbits rather than humans. But how mortifying for the teacher that her student could hear everything she was up to, without realizing it,

Why do you not drink coffee if you could use it? Does work provide it? I don't feel my best til I have one cup and all I need is one cup per day really. It's a guilty pleasure, despite it can burn up my stomach. My usual stubbornness, lol

What's up with having to wear a spandex top, same as others! I would have problems with that for two reasons, 1. Spandex shows too much for me, like any possible "rolls" or shape, lol too much information with that kind of material, and 2. I can't wear something the same as others. When I had a family reunion, the organizer wanted us to wear white shirts and I never wear white tops so I was the only person out of 20 or so wearing a red shirt, I only put on a white top for the photo. I guess I can't stand conformity even that much. I feel embarrassed to join the group like that.

So instead of annoying co-worker, you have Dahmer to work with? None of that sounds cool lol. How is work, is it still hectic?

My goal tomorrow is go to the mall and look for some more tops, a coat and a new bag for work, and see if my new glasses are here yet. I'd really like to get accostumed to how I look in them and seeing with them before I have to go to work again.

Have a good Friday, Miros.
Old 08-27-2016, 08:45 AM
Master Fan

Edward Tulane is also a rabbit – an elegant toy made out of china. And yeah, not cool hearing your teacher pee.

I don’t drink coffee because I think I’m sensitive to it. Sometimes it makes the back of my neck ache and zaps me of all energy while at the same time makes me stay up late even though I’ve only drunk one cup around 6 AM. The effects on my health suck. That’s why I don’t drink it very often. :/

We were supposed to wear that shirt for a group photo. The place is freezing cold (if you get my drift) and I was not going to be memorializing that frame in time for all to see for years on end (they blow up those pics and frame them by the entrance). Nope. I think forced, contrived unification comes off so phony. Who do they think they’re kidding anyway?
My two weird coworkers are related. Work is going to be hectic for a loooooong time. We do have the Labor Day holiday coming up next weekend though.

So did you end up purchasing anything at the mall? How is your TV watch coming along?
Hope you're having a great Saturday! Has the weather cooled off any?