Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

X-Files Off Topic Thread #12: Shows, Exams and Twilight!!

Hi and welcome to the off-topic thread, a place to talk about everything that is NOT x-files. Feel free to rant about things, talk about your day, movies, other shows.

Topics of the moment

Health Issues
Pregnancy
Edward V/S Jacob
Crappy Internet Connection
SlumDog Millionaire.

X-Files Off Topic Thread #6
X-Files Off Topic Thread #7
X-Files Off Topic Thread #8
X-Files Off Topic Thread #9

X-Files Off Topic Thread #10
X-Files Off Topic Thread #11

Last edited by neel luvs tony; 01-26-2009 at 12:26 PM
Old 09-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Elite Fan

Last few posts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeMac
As I've been away for a while I have a few offerings.

I remember a while back people talking about games they liked to play so here are a few that I've been enjoying recently

SHIFT | Armor Games

Totem Destroyer - Puzzles (quebra-cabeças)

http://www.tokenarcade.com/swf/distraction.swf

Bubble Shooter - Play Free Online Games at Games.co.uk

And I know we have a few cat lovers on here. And even though I'm a dog person here is a cat video for everyone.

For anyone who has seen the excellent Dr Who episode "Blink" with the moving statues this is just like it...except with a cat!

YouTube - Stealth Cat

Oh and this site creates really freaky pictures, cats included

Symmetry Explorer

Kitten symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KIA* (View Post)
I once tried the thing you didn't do to not watch Fox last night and it didn't work... someone told me it stopped working a while back... well, guess I must not try it again to not watch some shows

And I'm really excited about Dexter S3. Can't wait

To be fair it wasn't actually the Fox website I did it on, it was another site but I just changed it to Fox for the joke.

And I am just about to watch the finale of Dexter season 2. Taped it last night and will watch it later on

PS - Why did no-one try my indie cover albums game by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimmich
I had actually been meaning to ask about Twilight on here.

I've been reading a lot about it in magazines like SFX and Sci-Fi Now from their reports on Comic-Con and they've been going on about how huge it is in America and how it's the new Harry Potter etc

So it looks like quite a few of you are fans then

You may already have seen this then but here is the trailer

Apple - Movie Trailers - Twilight

And just for Neel seeing as I forgot it on my last two posts

I shall now vanish...like a wrinkly ninja!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neel luvs tony (View Post)
Oh no, not Twilight again ...it seems everyone is talking about it. by sister was asking about it a few days ago.

Today something odd happened. LOTS and LOTS of eagles and crows were flying around our building. There were about 100s of them. It was weird. Times like these odd thoughts and trivia come to your head like animals and birds behave oddly before a natural disaster I was thinking what natural disaster is going to strike us.
That is really creepy. It's like the movie The Day After Tomorrow, where all the birds start flying where ever it is when the winters hits... or in 28 Days Later when all the rats are running away from the infected... Not that I'm saying that you will be hit by a snow storm or eaten by zombies...

Twilight's actually really good. I was surprised how much I liked it, I thought it was going to be really cheesy or badly written. And it's very addictive. I think it's bigger in America than anywhere else, I hadn't heard about it till I read about the movie in Empire. It said that it was bigger than Harry Potter, and I thought what on earth can be bigger than that so gave it a go. I've got a friend reading it now...
Old 09-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

I just watched the Stealth Cat video that John posted

Old 09-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Master Fan

I rarely come into this thread, but Kia I already saw the first ep of S3 of Dexter (they previewed it early OnDemand) and loved it. Especially the ending, I was left speechless.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:25 AM
Loyal Fan

iiiiiiiiiiiiiit huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurts sooooo muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch

OP was good.. without any complecations... but it hurts so much now... *yowl*
I think now I really know how House feels *sigh* I hope it will be better tomorrow... I wanna stay home the rest of the week... but the doctor didn't signed me off sick for three days...
Old 09-24-2008, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

I'm sorry Sabrina. I hope you feel better.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

Aw, Sabrina! Make sure you take more time off if you need it! Glad your op went well, if a little painful

Old 09-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Loyal Fan

thx you two. well... I had a little talk with my mum about this. and she said too, that it would be better then I stay home the rest of the week. and I will do it. I don't think that the toe will 'love' it when I go up- and downstairs the whole day in the school. It hurts to much for school *sigh*
Old 09-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Addicted Fan

Sabrina, aaww I hope it'll get better soon hang in there
Old 09-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy3138 (View Post)
I rarely come into this thread, but Kia I already saw the first ep of S3 of Dexter (they previewed it early OnDemand) and loved it. Especially the ending, I was left speechless.
Exciting!

And Sabrina, hope you'll feel better soon!
Did they give you painkillers?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 09-25-2008, 12:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks Eilleen. Today it doesn't hurt so much like yestderday. Okay, the day has just began here and it's just 10:00 am now *sigh*

Kia: yes they gave me painkillers, Metamizole.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:01 PM
Master Fan

Aww, Blacky, I hope you feel better.

Haven't ventured in here for a while because of school workload finally catching up to me. (Sucks to procrastinate short papers. ) Exams will be coming up for me in about a month so that's good for me.

You know, even when I was doing my paper for my Media Studies class (I'm learning about television and film) I was still reminded of The X-Files. One of the main reasons is that one of the textbooks I'm using has Mulder and Scully on the cover! How awesome is that? I'm thinking about taking a picture and posting it on here, partly to show it off and partly for help identifying the episode it was taken from. It looks familiar to me but I just can't pinpoint the episode (if it was even from an episode. Could've been from a promo shot. )

So yeah, the weekend is giving me time to catch up on this board and this forum in general. I will forever love that kitty with the yarn in the opening post, even if I am a dog person.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:22 AM
Elite Fan

Sabi Hope your toes get better soon.

Hey how is everyone liking the premier week. Did you enjoy your shows?

And has anyone seen the show called Mentalist?? I must say it right away, the only reason I got interested in the show was because Simon Baker is in it. Is it good?? should I add it to the long list of shows I already watch?
Old 09-27-2008, 08:50 AM
Master Fan

Sabrina hope you feel better soon .

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel luvs tony (View Post)
Hey how is everyone liking the premier week. Did you enjoy your shows?

And has anyone seen the show called Mentalist?? I must say it right away, the only reason I got interested in the show was because Simon Baker is in it. Is it good?? should I add it to the long list of shows I already watch?
Well Bones has been blah so far but I'm giving it a pass until they resolve the Angela/Hodgins thing. Entourage has been a bit blah too, but wasn't really expecting much considering last season. The Office made me laugh and cry, still not as good as S2 but it's already much better than S3&4. I'm really looking forward to Sunday night though when three of my favorite shows premiere . And I still have a few shows on my DVR.

Sorry, haven't seen the Mentalist.

Last edited by Cindy3138; 09-27-2008 at 08:56 AM
Old 09-28-2008, 12:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Hope your feeling better soon Sabrina

I have a cold, and I hate it!! Damn blocked nose and puffy eyes!!