Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-25-2020, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The food shopping didn't go so well. I wanted to help my son with his English lesson, so arrived for 8am when they open only to be told they weren't opening until 9am! So I came home again. In the afternoon I drove to my local shop which is closer but more expensive, very quiet there but I had to queue to get in as they have a restriction on numbers entering the shop. When I got in the shelves were still so empty I still didn't get very much. Now it's quiet I hope they have time to resock. I'm going to try the the first shop again tomorrow, and hopefully get cereal for the kids. My local shop is all out of cereal!

Already starting to feel housebound, and it's only been a few days! One of the banks in town is closed, so I'm hoping I can do my banking at the Post Office.

My insomnia is continuing. I was good though and got up every 10 mins for 10 mins each time. I only got up three times doing that.

Perhaps the Government there will impose restrictions for you, Leanne. Not sure how bad it is there. They think we are only 2 weeks after Italy, now.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am not too worried being around a few people at work.
There is not a lot that can happen if you keep your distance. I am working with colleagues to take care of the kids whose parents have vital jobs. If you keep washing your hands and keep your distance

I'm sorry to hear you have food trouble, Claire. That must be so frustrating!
I think we have that too in more rural areas.
And people are still going crazy about toilet paper.

Today I read in the newspaper that the local hospital asks people who had corona to donate blood plasma.

And I bet both your cats looove having you home so much

ETA Just saw the news. The way the pandemic is hitting the US is kinda scary.

avi by neel luvs tony

Last edited by kiamay; 03-25-2020 at 01:17 PM
Old 03-25-2020, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes they are close to rolling out a test here for antibodies, to find out if someone is resistant.

Yes I'm glad I'm not in the US. Keep safe anyone who is! The lack of a national health service and having Trump in charge is going to kill a lot of people I think.

You'd think they have enough toilet paper by now! My mum in law gave me a load so we're good for that.

I'm going to try to shop again tomorrow. It probably means queuing but everywhere has a limit on numbers now, so we have to be used to it...

I found out the bank is open but has reduced its hours so I'm feeling a bit happier. I was worried I couldn't do vital banking next month.

There's a guy here doing a YouTube channel (the Body Coach TV) live at 9am every morning doing HIIT training for kids, and me and my son did it this morning. Now we're stuck indoors I'm exercising more as I'm aware that I need to. I got the new Wii fit up and running today too. I could come out of this fitter!
Old 03-25-2020, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They want the blood plasma to give antibodies to severely sick patients. Last week researches (forgot the nationality) proved that people who already had it are resistent and have the antibodies so I guess that is the next step they are taking.

Claire, I agree about Trump. What I find really frustrating though is that his poll numbers are looking up. People think more of him now than before the crisis. I really don't understand it.

A lot of fitness apps are free here at the moment. And there are lots of kids programs every day. We have sports lessons here every day for the kiddos too I think that's lovely.
I tried dance and fitness programs on amazon. That was interesting too
I might come out of this fitter as well
I just need to reduce my food intake a little more

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-26-2020, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So far my food intake has gone down, so I'm doing better on that.

Yes I thought you might have meant using the antibodies as a treatment, I wasn't sure!

Yes I heard that too about Trump. I don't understand it.

I slept better last night, I woke up at 6pm.

Hoping to get some shopping today...
Old 03-26-2020, 03:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

for sleeping well!
I keep my fingers crossed for your shopping.

I am setting up my new printer at the moment. Having a scanner at hand will make teaching from home so much easier.

After that PT and I have a bike tour date with a good friend of mine. I thought meeting outside is a good idea. We have a good distance, practically no chance of infection and we will get some fresh air

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-26-2020, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm really glad I've got a decent printer. It's been working hard this week!

Shopping went okay. I spent a half hour queuing outside, but once I got in, apart from a few exceptions, I got everything I needed. There was a long queue for the tills, but I had a self-scanner so I was quick getting out. I use that as it helps my back!

I hope you enjoy your bike ride! I'm aching from the workout yesterday!

My daughter is stressed about doing all her work, so I think I will have to support her more this afternoon....
Old 03-26-2020, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you got the wii fit set up, Claire! Sounds like a good work out indoor activity!

It really is weird getting food. My farmer market had tape measuring 6 feet apart and we had to order in line outside and the staff gathered our orders and brought them out. Felt like a weird movie!

That sounds fun, Kia to get out with fresh air on a bike with someone even though you are the right distance away!

I think I lost a few pounds just from eating measured out meals that aren’t fast food orders.

I’m expecting some information from work tomorrow about how education is going to continue and us having to be on sites despite no students there with us!
Old 03-27-2020, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We had lovely weather today. I spent some time in a park. It's weird having the police turn up randomly and check if you are not in a group
Glad everyone is taking it seriously though

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-27-2020, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't seen the police much yet, but then I've not been out often...

I'm getting out in the garden as the weather has been lovely.

I find shopping so weird it feels alien to be treated like that by everyone. You have to remind yourself to not take it personally.

I did do some bookkeeping today though, and chatting to my accountant about the help the Government is offering.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Shopping is weird but something that is happening here now is that people are constantly telling each other "Stay healthy!" and thanking people that have to work in close contact with lots of customers. I am quite enjoying that side of the pandemic. Many people are really sweet.

Keeping a distance is still difficult for me. I keep on forgetting.

Did you learn something useful from the accountant?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-28-2020, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well there isn't much information available yet on the wage promise by the Government, so he couldn't tell me much. The paperwork is not expected until at least June. I don't really know what to do...

I did chat with a member of staff when I was at the supermarket. It came up that I needed a rescan of some items, so I had to put the scanner down and walk away to the side whilst she did that, and I commented that they should have stopped the rescan thing to protect workers, but she was quite resigned to it.

I must get out for a walk, I've not been for a walk in a few days now...
Old 03-28-2020, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah, was that one of those DIY checkouts?

There is not much info out on the wages-thing here either. It's all so new. EVeryone is trying to figure this stuff out. The politicians as well I guess.

Great weather here again. I think I might have caught a bit of a sunburn.
I hope you still got your walk or are you planning on doing that tomorrow?
I went on a short bike tour. 10km.

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-28-2020, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Now the self check out stands at grocery stores seem to germy!

How’s it going?

It’s rainy here but it’s probably keeping more people inside which is good!

Well, looks like I won’t be going to actual work yet, so far, we are all meeting online to discuss plans. But the layout from the government doesn’t clearly define how I’d work from home cause I don’t work with students and families directly so my group is kind of unsure how to do this yet

That felt like such a long 2 week break with no where to go!

Now Boris has it, just like Trudeau’s wife got it.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't mind using self scan checkouts, I make sure I don't touch my face and wash my hands as soon as I get home. Kia it's the kind of checkout you use after scanning and packing all your items as you walk round the store.

Yes Bojo has it. He's also carrying on with Brexit negotiations which seems a bit pointless right now.

Yes I went for a walk. Most people were very considerate, but I did come across some who didn't seem to understand social distancing.

Yes the weather has been lovely. Also the clocks went forward last night, so we called that one less hour of lockdown!

Yes that does sound complex, Leanne. I hope something is worked out.