Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-18-2020, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My niece got better very quickly, Kia.

I don't know why I put next week, they are closing at the end of this week. So the last two weeks of this term will be at home.

It sounds like it's not too bad there, Kia. Here my main worry is starting to be the lack of stuff in shops, you can't get paracetamol or toilet roll, and we're starting to have food shortages because so many people are bulk buying.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don’t have to lockdown. But I keep looking forward so I took the chance to get my hair cut shorter just in case hair salons shut down and I can’t get my cut for a while. I have this idea that I can use the time to grow out my hair to see how much gray I have since I hate dying it and if I like my look I can go back to work without anyone seeing the transition

Kia, I can’t really work from home, I mean I could edit records online but that’s not a full time thing, I’m thinking I’m going on employment insurance but I’m waiting to the end of Spring Break when we are supposed to go back when we should get specific news.

Yeah, I think I can out walking on the street and parks here. I’m already seeing more people put walking yesterday and less traffic noise than usual out of my apartment.

I hope your food supply chain in your area will be secure Claire, that is stressful to get supplies when others are hogging more than they need!

Yah one good thing Is I my not have to see my coworker til next school year unless I can switch a location before the new year starts too.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The food situation worries ne. My local store has less stuff on the shelves everyday.

We're not on lockdown yet, but I think it will happen. I have all the instructions for my kids to learn online from next week onwards. I'm also thinking of getting them outside and walking every day as their activity level will drop.

I was upset yesterday as my bookkeeping course was cancelled. I had a few lessons to go, and the exam as well, and I don't know if I will get the qualification now.

I'm glad my kids aren't doing major exams this year, as the exams have all been cancelled too.

In one week all the social occasions I have every week are gone, and I'm already worried about the loneliness. This is going to be a tough year!

Getting your hair cut now is a good idea, Leanne. I wonder if I should do the same...

Our Government is talking about this lasting for 12 weeks. I guess that is if we're lucky...
My mum has offered us a loan, so I have options, but spending will have to be bills and food only.
Old 03-20-2020, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It totally annoys me that people panick-buy! How selfish! Especially older people have trouble getting stuff!

I am really worried for all the small business owners. One of the bakers here (they still bake fresh) published a very emotional video explaining that he wants to be there for all of us but if we stop buying their stuff he won't survive more than 6 weeks.
The same with all my friends in the entertainment industry. All the guys who organize events, the actors, the musicians... I feel so sorry for them. The state says they will get support but if you are self-employed it is so difficult to prove how much money you are losing...
Is your husband self-employed, Claire?

Our exams haven't been cancelled yet but our school year lasts till the end of Juli so there is still some time to wait and see what happens.

I am worried about the loneliness too, Claire. I live alone so I have already gone days without really speaking to anyone. So far introvert me kind of enjoys it... but extrovert me will have a meltdown if we don't get to sing in Germany's most prestigious concert hall in June...

Leanne, very smart having your hair cut. I am not sure the salons are still open. I was thinking about blond highlights again. I found like 3 grey hairs and freaked out. I think blond highlights will make a good mix Well, I am not going blond unsupervised. If I get bored I may use a brown non-permanent colour just for fun. My hair dresser will have my *** for that once she sees me

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-20-2020, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, this has to be terrifying for indecent business owners, How quickly life security can be turned upside down!

That sucks, Claire about your class. I’m thinking they should put it back when things normalize again, but even som why can’t they go to online learning to at least finish it ?

I’ve been having really weird movie like dreams lately, last nights was kinda sci-fi scary too.

I got my first gray hair at 14, so I’m curious how it looks if I don’t dye! News a time to try, without people seeing me have half white and half brown though I can always dye it if I don’t like it before work again.

Yeah, I have things to do, but I do worry about isolation loneliness too, I’m thinking the Internet is going to be loaded with the world population interacting online. I’m feeling lucky I have a cat in the same place to at least use my voice out loud.

I’d go get a hair cut if you still can cause there is no way I’d be able to cut my own hair.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been chatting online with family a lot recently. It's good in that sense.

My husband owns his own limited company, so not technically self-employed, but without going to work, there's no income. Easy enough to show wages though.

Weirdly I'm older than you Leanne, and I have no grey hairs. I told my friends that once and they didn't know whether to believe me! Still I am going very long-sighted instead!

I spent most of the day trying to get a routine repeat prescription from the chemist. It involved a lot of queuing on the pavement outside, as they were only letting 5 people in at once. I really don't know what's going on. I felt a bit calmer about the food situation yesterday. Still empty shelves, but the store is restocking.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am just trying to stay productive and not get overwhelmed we will get through this.
Old 03-22-2020, 02:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I don't want to cut my hair. It was incredibly short and I am barely back to ponytail length. I need longer hair for a role in a musical. Now that the opening night has been postponed, I will have a good chance of having hair long enough

Leanne, I think it is a really cool idea to see how it looks if you don't dye. Some women look so beautiful with grey hair or salt and pepper-y hair
I am still in a bit of denial about that. Not proud of it

Claire, I am glad your husband will be able to prove how much he would usually have made. It sounds like your government is going to support everyone without a lot of fuss as wel

Quote:
I am just trying to stay productive and not get overwhelmed we will get through this.
We will!
Where are you located?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-22-2020, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, the Government is supporting us, which is good.

We are bringing home tools and materials tomorrow, so that my husband can do DIY and garden work. He won't do well with nothing to do.

I agree on the dye issue. My friends have started dying their hair, but I don't think I will bother. It will save money too!

Had a very quiet weekend. It's mother's day today, but we can't go anywhere to celebrate.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You’re lucky, Claire, I wish my hair would just stay it’s natural color so I didn’t have to dye it. It’s an annoying process and costly.

I’m glad I got it cut though cause I think BC just ordered personal services like salons and spas to close now.

Today was good, I got a counter chair from the parents house that is high enough that I can sit at my large counter top and be able to watercolor paint on it! It’s like a table now that I can sit at it I plan to try painting some of my own travel photos with watercolor!

I think I’ve been eating better since not going out for lunches and food during work!
Old 03-23-2020, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's great that you paint more, Leanne

I try to make room for creativity as well in my home office-prison

They closed hair salons etc down now as well. I still have some medical appointments this week that seem to happen anyway.

Claire, I am glad you have plans that will keep you busy at home. And maybe you can celebrate mothers day when we do It's in May

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-23-2020, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw the chiropractor today, but they are closed from tomorrow.

I had my first full day of home schooling. My daughter didn't need much help, but my son needs help with reading and writing, so we were together most of the time. I feel exhausted now. I didn't realise it was such hard work and take so much of my time!

I'm planning to get to the supermarket early tomorrow so I can get back in time to help him with English as that's his first lesson tomorrow. We had a few computer problems, and sites going down due to the large number of people using them. We got it all done in the end, though.

My husband has brought back loads of tools and materials, so there is much for him to do now. I feel all set for staying indoors!

I'm sleeping very badly and all my dreams are very disturbing. I think my anxiety is quite high!
Old 03-23-2020, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I just got news today that despite schools being closed to students, all staff still gets to come to work. ok, so I’ll still get paid at least til end of April but I’ll be in the same room as a coworker trying to keep social distancing?? plus what will do with half my duties not happening (no circulation cause no students)!

So yeah, but I am fine with getting out of my apartment, driving and it will be quieter without kids there.

Except I’ll be stuck all day with my annoying coworker and the coworker on Thursdays, I’d rather be working independently instead of having to talk to someone else or have it be awkwardly quiet when we don’t talk.

A lot of parents weren’t expecting to ever have to homeschool their own kids so I’m betting it’s stressful!

Hope you’re sleep gets better Claire

Are you still working, Kia?
Old 03-23-2020, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We've entered an enforced lockdown down now. Only allowed to go food shopping, and out for exercise. People were flouting the instructions on social distancing, so police are allowed to enforce it now, and most shops will be shut.

That seems weird, Leanne! I wonder how long you will be doing that for?

I slept a bit better, I woke at 5.00am which was an improvement. My dreams were less scary!

Going to head off in a minute to get food, I hope there will something left to buy!
Old 03-24-2020, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They province will review things at the end of April. I am ok with the idea of being able to go out and do work and get paid but not a fan of the idea of having to be around other people when the federal and provincial governments keep saying how vital it is for social distancing and being home

Did you get enough food for your week? Glad your dreams weren’t so scary this time

Today I only went out to get apples and bananas and some chocolate hummus from my mom, she gave me the stuff wearing big work gloves

My cat is loving having me here almost 24/7! If I’m in my bed, he’s in my bed with me!