Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-12-2020, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome FoxPhile!

No the toys went because they were throwing everything out! Yes it's a strange colour for a library!

I don't mind singing different harmonies, the hard thing is the fact we're all coming in at different times with rests inbetween. You have to really concentrate!

Good to know you have time off soon.

My classes carry on for the rest of the month... Assuming the corvid-19 doesn't shut things down.
Old 03-12-2020, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved of the sky (View Post)
Hi! your username sounds like an X-Files fan!
Everybody thinks that, but as much as I love Fox Mulder, that's not where it comes from. I spent most of my career developing software with a tool called FoxPro.

~Heidi
Old 03-12-2020, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok that’s funny!

Yeah I think does seem everything is shutting down lately! It’s rather drastic! My parents come back tomorrow and I think I shouldn’t see them Til 14 days after!

Lots of schools are closing but we have two week spring break so I don’t know if we will close after if things keep getting worse after the break

How are things at your house lately? Everyone feeling ok, still?

I need to go to the doctor during this break and my cat has some blood tests on Monday to make sure we are ok. I’m not too concerned about getting this flu, other than work I’m naturally self isolated
Old 03-13-2020, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Things are still ok here. Our cases of it are quite spread out, unlike in Italy. They think we're about 4 weeks behind Italy, and the NHS is preparing for it. Just have to hope for the best.

We are all well. I just got over a cold. It probably helps we're not a high risk group. My husband's parents are using hand sanitizer daily, so we are as prepared as possible.

Yes you are although you do live in a shared building, and getting groceries will be hard if you get ill. Whatever happens I'm sure we will cope with it.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah, the important thing is for us to wash hands and be careful with distance to others. Kinda easy for me with my lifestyle though.

I’m watching this show on Amazon Prime called “The Terror”, I think I’ll make the two seasons my binge watch snow while off work. The first season is about explorers on ships to arctic in 1845 getting trapped and the horror that happens to them that made them go missing. And the season two is different and takes place in Japan after Pearl Harbor.

So far, today I organized and put away some “stockpile” groceries and my medication box. I like getting organized early on during my two week time off cause I like feeling like everything is neat and clean and I can relax and have fun.

My cat gets blood tests at the vet on Monday afternoon though.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Is that a documentary drama or fiction?

I need to order more meds next week. The prospect of a lockdown is starting to worry me. I heard someone in Northern Ireland talking about closing schools for 16 weeks! That seems very excessive. Especially as kids aren't at much risk from it. I'm just glad my kids don't have important exams this year.

I went shopping in a nearby town yesterday. It was still very busy there.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey guys!
Sorry, I have been totally overrun by work stuff.
Thought about you all when this corona crisis started to get real. Is everone okay?
I'm fine. Big hug!

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-15-2020, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Kia! It's been a while!

It sounds like one of my nieces has it so they are self-isolating now.

We are all okay. My choir concert next week just got cancelled. We are planning jobs to do around the house and garden, in case of being stuck indoors for a long time.

How's things with you, Kia?
Old 03-15-2020, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Kia! missed you! You sound so busy, are they still keeping schools open there? They are still not here in BC, although a lot of other provinces have, I think it’s a matter of another week until they might do the same.

I might have to go on employment insurance if they close so I can still get income.

My parents came back from a cruise so now they have to be in quarantine at home for 14 days so I can’t visit them for a while.

The show is a fiction drama. Thankfully Good to get things like that, done, Claire, I heard your country is looking into more of a lockdown soon.

When I went shopping, I felt like I was in a “disaster” movie cause shelves were sparse and too many people (at least calmly) were in lines with full shopping carts! I do have lots I can do to occupy myself at home if BC advises to not be out.

What a time this is.

Last edited by reason to believe; 03-15-2020 at 11:45 PM
Old 03-16-2020, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They reckon we're about 4 weeks behind Italy. Not sure if we will have a full lockdown, they are asking anyone with mild symptoms to self-isolate to slow down infection rates. From next weekend all large events will be cancelled. We may have a full lockdown soon, though. My kids are still at school so far.

Yes the shelves are like that here too. I hate panic buying, it's so unnecessary.

Yes there could be some hardshio to come...
Old 03-16-2020, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There will be an announcement in BC tomorrow I think.... might be school closure announcements. The province next to us decided to close schools til September now! I can’t imagine not working from now til them and mostly being at home in my small apartment.

I did a lot today to get prepared for anything possible. My gas tank is full, I took my cat to the vet, got pet supplies and lots of frozen food for my freezer to last me a long time.

My local libraries have closed!

My doctor will renew my prescriptions with me over the phone on Friday. So overall I’m feeling ready but I really don’t want to be mostly home bound for months on end.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We've just been told to avoid public places like pubs and theatres.

I renewed my prescription yesterday, but I didn't see the notice to put the request in the letter box so I walked in the doctor's surgery anyway. They have also stopped face to face meetings with your doctor, you have to have a phone consultation instead.

Until September? Don't the kids have exams to do?

If we get full lockdown our main source of income will be gone, so we're planning to only buy essentials. It's scary though. Especially when you don't know how long it will last.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I was right. Schools closed here indefinitely so that means I’m not going to work for the foreseeable future. I’ll find out what I’ll be doing about my income though since the Canadian government is planning for citizens to not suffer financially cause of this!

But I’m going to really have to fight boredom cause I seem to be more attention deficit than I used to be years ago and work was a nice way to get out and interact with humans.

I know no one is supposed to interact either so it must be hard for extroverts!

They might graduate students to the next grade cause there are only three months til the school year end. But they also mentioned online learning, but that isn’t something I can do, my work meant I had to actually be there on location!
Old 03-18-2020, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well on the plus side you won't see that co-worker you don't like! Yes there are discussions here about what the Government is going to do to support industries.

I'm wondering what would have happened if all countries had put self-isolation on all incoming people immediately the scale of the disease was known.

Do you have to stay indoors now?

My present worry is that a lockdown is not a long term solution, because as soon as you let people out again, they will get infected, which is the problem China now faces.

If my kids' school closes they want us to keep to the school timetable, and do online learning.

Edit: Just heard our schools are closing at the end of next week. I was getting stressed at the lack of products in my local store too.

Last edited by Meliana; 03-18-2020 at 11:06 AM
Old 03-18-2020, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, schools have been closed here since last week. I have been teaching from home. Yay, internet

We're not on lockdown. I still go on bike rides and to PT because that's one on one. We're told to avoid anything with more than five people. Other than that it is pretty normal around here.
And I have been told that in some small towns they have trouble with some products but not here in the city so far.

Leanne, will they give you some kind of stuff you can do from home or what do you reckon?

As far as I know the whole isolation and distancing stuff only makes sense now to flatten the curve but in 4-6 weeks there will not be much of a point doing that. By then the wave should have stretched out and they should be capable of dealing with all severely ill people. I'm not too worried.
We have a daily podcast here from one of the lead virologists in this country. It's good to get smart and current info.

Glad you two are okay! :hug;
I hope your niece gets well soon, Claire. All the data here seems to show that children don't get it easily or severely. Fingers crossed

avi by neel luvs tony