Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-29-2020, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Today was my cleaning day! I washed my floors, dusted, cleaned the tub and shower glass doors with simple vinegar!

Yeah, Im watching a show from BBC called The Missing about people that went missing and found Murdered

thanks it actually went pretty well, two of my brothers came too. I talked pretty well to my put of town aunt and uncle plus a cousin that just got engaged! It was funny to hear a soft “roast” on my retiring uncle’s life so far. And they paid a comedian who played a character from Seinfeld to congratulate him on retirement!

So far, I’m happy cause my apartment is clean and I feel free to play tomorrow like video games or something

How was your day?
Old 03-01-2020, 01:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I finished cleaning the living room. Then we got some wood to fix our bed which has broken a bit!

My son had a go at cooking dinner too.

I might of heard of that show. I often find murder documentaries on YouTube. There's a British one on there called Murder Town. A bit of an over-dramatic title, but it's quite good anyway.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Old 03-01-2020, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How did dinner go? That’s cool he got to cook!

My bed is made of metal and not wood.

Today was an “inside” day cause I thought I’d go out but then it started raining so I ate the food I had and I plan to start stocking up on food and things in case the worst goes down and we all get quarantined or something from the corona virus. Make sure I have what I need in case no one is allowed to go out. Better to be prepared than not!

I’m tired of the fighting neighbors.

Kim, if you’re there, I can’t believed you actually changed your username since 2001!
Old 03-02-2020, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was great. My daughter cooked dinner yesterday too.

Yes, I worry that there could be restrictions on movements here, soon. Our cases are low still, but are starting to climb in numbers.

I have a sore throat,... I'm sure it's a cold though!

Still I took it easy all afternoon.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My parents are crazy enough to go on a cruise for two weeks this week! Good luck to them avoiding quarantines or possible contamination!!

How's your throat today? Improving? The best thing for me for a sore throat is licking honey off a spoon!

Last night I went to see my cousin's daughter in a musical playing the lead girl character in "Little Shop of Horrors". They had a pretty good huge plant puppet that swallowed people whole Alot of the extended family to watch it and we were all in the front row!
Old 03-04-2020, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My parents in law are due to go on a cruise in June, and their friends are thinking of backing out, but it's too early to tell what things will be like by then.

I can't try that, I can't stand honey! My throat was quite sore overnight. It probably didn't help singing in the choir last night, though! I got up to take painkillers at 2am.

I'm starting to sneeze today, so I'm sure it's a cold.

My husband likes the Little Shop of Horrors. He tried to show it to me once, but it freaked me out and I couldn't watch! Still I'm glad you enjoyed the performance.

I have the chainsaw back today, so I'm going to take apart what is left of the pile of branches and make sure all the large stuff is cut up.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, that's not going to help you then Didn't know you didn't like honey!

I hope the cold goes away soon

Not surprised though cause you guys have had wet and cold weather constantly!

Today is the first sunny day here for a while. Last night I was so tired, I just spent the evening in bed to keep warm while watching tv or listening to music.

I discovered some new music called "8D" on youtube, if you have headphones you can listen to it and it goes all around your head like youre in an actual concert room!!

I was surprised at the end of Little Shop of Horrors cause I haven't seen the play or the movie but here is a spoiler that amused me.
Spoiler:
Old 03-05-2020, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Now you do!

So much rain. It's been raining very hard today and I had to go out, the roads were all flooded, and it was scary!

Surround sound? I remember something like that being around 20 years ago but it didn't seem to take off. I remember I didn't have headphones at the time so I had to put my head against my stereo!

I went to a talk about mental health for adolescents this evening. I thought it might help me with my kids.
Old 03-06-2020, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Has the water gone down any? Driving through flooded streets is scary cause I don’t want my car wet or coming in from the bottom or missing with anything electric!

It might flurry snow here tomorrow, one week before spring break!

Was the mental health talk good? You are quite a good, pro-active caring mother!

How’s your weekend starting off? I have no plans!

I still can’t beleive my parents actually went on a cruise, the CBC news headline tonight was the recommendation of avoiding cruises!

I’m really enjoying those new headphones I got, I’m thinking they are worth every penny!

I got hugged by a student two days in a row this week!
Old 03-09-2020, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The roads were much better on the following day fortunately.

The talk was okay. Most of it was quite sensible advice, but it's clear it's not easy to get professional help for teenagers.

That sounds good.

I finally finished going through the pile of branches in my garden on Saturday. Now I have to try and get rid of all the wood left in a big heap. I'm wondering about putting it out with a sign asking people to take it...

We're not being restricted against the virus just yet, but people are starting to panic buy in the shops. I've always associated panic buying with people getting milk and bread. During the fuel crisis we had here in 2000, the lorries weren't getting out of depos which meant none of the petrol stations had fuel, and I went to every shop in town for milk. None of them had milk... Except for the petrol station! I joked that they were the only place in town with milk, but the person in there did not seem amused. I guess no one was going in there unless they were after milk, and we were all saying the same thing.
So this panic buy is different to what we've had before... handwash items I understand, dried pasta is a bit odd but okay, but really toilet roll? Why of all things are people panic buying toilet roll?

was down for most of the day, it's been ages since that last happened...
Old 03-09-2020, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I noticed it was down for maintenance this morning which hasn’t happened in a long time! Always reminds how many people have others here they only talk to through here!

Yeah maybe they will take free wood!

I think people stalk on toilet paper cause they imagine being quarantined in their houses and running out. I just heard Italy is entirely locked down so I wonder how people are going to get their food and toilet paper now.

you found out the secret way to get what you need the place that everyone else won’t go to cause they think they can’t get what they need there

Today wasn’t very productive to me, I do need to get energetic and make things all done so after spring break will be a fresh start!

I took a 4 hour nap after work again! And so did my cat cause he never left my side on the bed as far as I know!
Old 03-11-2020, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw on the news that Italy have huge queues at supermarkets. I wonder if that will happen here eventually. Our Health Minister has gone down with it, so our whole Government could be infected with it now.

Four hours is a long nap!

I was back to the library yesterday. It had just opened again, and the whole place has been painted off-white, and it's really stark! The old chairs I used to put out are all gone and so are most of the toys. I'm going to have to get used to the change!

Choir went well last night. Our concert is week after next, and one of the pieces is really hard!
Old 03-11-2020, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

oh no, your health minister was diagnosed with it? Well, they finally have officially said its a pandemic. I think when the parents come home, I will wait an extra 14 days til I visit them!

Well, that's an odd choice to paint a library, that does seem rather clinical and cold for a library! No toys? Maybe they took them cause they can be germy right now.

I think singing different harmonies while hearing other melodies would be difficult!

Well, two more days then two weeks of spring break for me I'm going wash my car after work I think, cause its driving me crazy to see the dirt, especially when its a sunny day.

I sure do sleep a lot lately! Maybe its time to take iron again!
Old 03-11-2020, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dropping in to pay a visit to my new co-mod's other digs!

~Heidi
Old 03-11-2020, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi! your username sounds like an X-Files fan!